What's new

Fighting Kabal+Katana

Sup all, ok i've been having problems fighting my bro (who is really good) but only when he uses Kabal and Kitana on 2 on 2 kombat (ps one MKT). I can beat him with relative ease when he chooses any character other than Kitana or Kabal. When he plays as them i have trouble and its about a 50-50 chance that i'll beat him. His strategy is very defensive he jumps back ALOT and uses the fan in the air ALOT w/ Kitana. With Kabal, again VERY defensive playing using the air projectile with him waiting for a good opportunity to spin me ...(DAMN IT!!)..... well i've managed to counter him recently, about the last 20 or so games, and won the vast majority of the time by RUN+HK when he jumps away or counter JKing or something similar. Does anybody have suggestions on other ways to counter stratagies like that with Kabal or even defensive strategies with human SMOKE???? THanx L8a

When playing a Kitana who jumps back and throws fan, just sweep under the fan. This will prevent the fan from hitting you, and prevent her from rushing you down. It's also good to use a teleporter against her.

With Kabal it's different, since his air projectile goes much faster and he also has slower recovery for it. He won't rush after an AFB, so your best bet is to kara jab blocking the AFB's while inching closer. Be careful not to let in a spin though.

If he jumps alot towards you trying to JPS combos alot, just practice aa him with HP, HK, or RH's. If this is the case, use Ermac because his aaHP start combo does 80% + with practice.

FILER

Noob
I'm guessing he really isn't good, but rather outsmarting/frustrating you. I'm going to give you a dummy version of how to beat him, because I doubt he really is very good at what he is doing since he only uses 2 characters.

Don't chase him, you'll be amazed how well this will work. Let him jump back and back and back, just wait 15 seconds, he will get bored and want to fight. These players want you to chase them all over...don't fall for it. Idiots do this on XBL all the time when you have a good rush game. Just sit back and counter.

Reptile rapes a defensive Kitana or Kabal. Sit back don't rush and forceball like a noob. Eventually they will have to chase you, then you have the advantage again. He can't continually jump backwards out of fear of landing on a forceball.

An offensive kabal rips reptile up though sadly =[

all those jabs and nothin to get away other than a dash that's punishable and a slide that's even more so.

=[

Defensive kabals get pwnt tho very very true.

Against Kitana = TP, Ducking, and waiting for him to come and uppercut, Projectiles(My favorite), and the most effective, Kara Jab him so he WON'T be able to even jump back. Just do a little of LP, and JK.

Kabal = Random projectiles, Blocking more the usual, HK, TP, Kara Jab to keep him from running.

Good ideas yall, I did try and use reptile a few times but im not a very good reptile player so.... it doesnt always work in my favor. Im good with reptile if i can play at a moderate pace and think out ways of Forceballing someone into a combo. Yea i do sweep the fans but will sometimes get JKed for it. Dark NatasX what do you mean by "waiting for him to come and uppercut" i'm not sure what u mean by that man. Also im not familiar with kara jabbing to prevent people from jumpin can u explain this please? nice answers tho.

Kaiba

Noob
ps one MKT
If your using PS one, just use Noob or Rain ^_^

All the classic characters, Kano, Jax, Lao, & Raiden have higher hit percentage. Helps with chip damage. Baraka and Raiden also fall in this category.

In general, any teleporter, especially Scorpion for MKT have advantages vs Kitana players.

Vs Kabals, U Sub has those wonderful clones.

Personally I'd select U Sub, to matchup Kabal and probably Scorpion or MKII Lao (teleport rules) to matchup Kitana

Me an my bro have a "no noob" rule when we play lol. He's just a bit much. U sub use to be the only way i could counter his kabal back in the day, still does pretty well. Kaiba i have 2 questions for you. 1.Why Scorpion for the Kitana counter instead of H smoke (just curious) and 2.Why MKII Lao and not mk3? Im not questioning your decision i agree with you, im just curious of your resons for choosing them.

Personally I'd select U Sub to matchup Kabal
I see this all the time and it never works.

If the Kabal player is smart he is NOT going to fall for any retarded clone traps. A good Kabal player will just sit back and wait for the sub player to engage, and more often then not that ends in chip damage or a spin. rinse and repeat.

Eventually the sub player gets too aggressive and that's when Kabal does what he does best, game over.

Kaiba

Noob
Kaiba i have 2 questions for you. 1.Why Scorpion for the Kitana counter instead of H smoke (just curious) and 2.Why MKII Lao and not mk3? Im not questioning your decision i agree with you, im just curious of your resons for choosing them.
1. Scorpion has teleporting both forward and reverse. Human Smoke would be a beast in the game if he had the forward teleport, but that's Scorp's advantage.

2. MKII Lao, With the spin limit in MKT, MKII Lao fairs better. All you need is to teleport away from an aaFan toss and then your in position to hit his pop up combo, jp, wiff dive, aaHP...infinite. Mk3 Lao has no pop up Plus the 4 hit does way more damage than other 4 hit pop up combos.

To DARXYD3- Most players have no idea how to use U Sub to his full advantage.

Dark NatasX what do you mean by "waiting for him to come and uppercut" i'm not sure what u mean by that man. Also im not familiar with kara jabbing to prevent people from jumpin can u explain this please? nice answers tho.
When you Kara jab, it would basically keep them in place. even when they jump.

Waiting for him to come and uppercut = When he runs to you, Just uppercut him.