What's new

Fighting EX Layer

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yo, who's playing this game??? I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone from here playing it. It's sooooooooo fun...

I play Geist with Infinity/Berserker decks...also slowly getting my Kairi ready for play.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I will get this game eventually, also planning on maining my two favorite characters in this game, D.Dark and Geist which by my surprise @Ketchup and @Mustard are both maining.

REYTHEGREAT

i play this game but i CANNOT find anyone to play with on ranked or casual. anyone else having the same problem?

I play Garuda.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Glad to see this game finally become a reality BUT the reality is, in the age of fighting games flourishing, its hard to balance out soooo many them. Ill wait until this game gets more developed and hopefully a cheaper price before i purchase :)

Arzumis

Noob
The game seems expensive for the small amount of content there is in the game. Plus being locked out of most gougi decks if you dont get the 60$ version is wack. Killer Instinct did it better.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I still like, struggggggle with the lack of AA options in this game. Certain other things too like Geist/Berserker is fucked, Geist/Ghost is fucked (Geist in general is actually broke lol).

But the game is a riot. If there was a bigger reward for landing an anti air I'd be mad into it.

REYTHEGREAT

I still like, struggggggle with the lack of AA options in this game. Certain other things too like Geist/Berserker is fucked, Geist/Ghost is fucked (Geist in general is actually broke lol).

But the game is a riot. If there was a bigger reward for landing an anti air I'd be mad into it.
if you think Geist is fucked, check out Garuda.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
The game seems expensive for the small amount of content there is in the game. Plus being locked out of most gougi decks if you dont get the 60$ version is wack. Killer Instinct did it better.
Killer Instinct had more funds and support from Microsoft. This game doesn't have any of that.

Ill wait until this game gets more developed
Thing is though, if you wait for the game to be more developed and aren't going to support it (which seems to be the main opinion people have), then it won't get more development. The devs rely on people buying the game so they have the funds to develop it more, and without said funds it won't happen. They have been very transparent with that.

They could've done a Kickstarter to gain more funds, but from what I've been told, it's not something Japanese indie game developers do a lot of, while it's Western indie game developers seem to embrace a lot more.

Luckily, the game has gotten enough support for them to make Vulcano Rosso, Pullum Purna and an Arcade Mode which they will release without any extra charge.

Last edited:

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
https://twitter.com/FightingExLayer/status/1016981930758160384?s=09

2 more characters and an Arcade Mode will be added to the game soon!
There she is!

I like the game, but I took a couple days off and everyone was way beyond me. It's fast, I fall for dumb shit all day, so I'm kind of afraid to keep playing. The progression system seemed jacked up last I played. I should have been getting heavily demoted, but it kept wanting to promote me, so does it even do demotions?

I am looking forward to the arcade mode and chillin' with the CPU.

THTB

There actually is. Once the game fleshes out, you should see stuff like Geist doing 2HP shoulder combos for AAs. The flip out after an air reset is one big juggle state if you're aware.

Also...Infinity Geist is even more fuckery. :rolleyes:

THTB

But then they jump, but then they grab, but then they heavy attack you
Also, blocking low = you can't punish some stuff properly. No idea if it's intentional, but it definitely encourages knowing when to stand to make it easier to get out of pressure. For example, Hokuto's rekka is actually -1 when stand blocking, but 0 or plus if blocked low.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Also, blocking low = you can't punish some stuff properly. No idea if it's intentional, but it definitely encourages knowing when to stand to make it easier to get out of pressure. For example, Hokuto's rekka is actually -1 when stand blocking, but 0 or plus if blocked low.
Didn't know blocking low changed the properties, I know that Hayate can sMP as an AA decently and it works, it annoys me that cHP gets nothing, like even if you trade you only win for like 3 damage. I was pissed because of Jack's jMK but then I realized he just has crazy stupid jump attacks and safe specials lol. There are some characters that are like, "Yikes"

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
the gougi system is broken.
Likely, but it's probably less broken than people are inclined to think. It forces you to know what that stuff does, and fight your opponent in a way that will delay activation of some of that "broken" stuff.

Like Hades is the suck, but you can do stuff like not use supers in every one of your combos to avoid knocking them down. If you can avoid knocking them down, you can shorten the length of time you will have to deal with the problem.

If you start thinking like that and then can still say "this specific thing is broken because ...{reasons}..." then that is when we can start discussing what is or isn't right about it.