What's new

FightCade (1&2) General Discussion Thread

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
So, for those who aren't aware, the classic MK games have been added to Fightcade (1 of 2 spiritual successors to the original GGPO client, RedGGPO being the other).

Over the past year, the FC team has worked on getting the games working properly, and, as of a couple weeks ago, they've finally ironed out just about every issue with the emulation, and have even begun to add some of the hacks like UMK3 Ultimate Cup Edition. I've been playing UMK3 for the past week or so, and man, it runs so nicely now! Classic MK finally has rollback!

Those looking to play, check out http://fightcade.com to get started. The client is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
have the fps issues finally been fixed? seems like MK1 properly runs at 54 fps, but what about MK2 and MK3/UMK3?

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I cannot recommend MK2 and UMK3 on Fightcade to serious players at this time, but if you just want to have fun its ok
Who tf is serious about these games, online, in 2021? The Kaillera servers are garbo, I have no idea how any online form of classic MK is worthy of being "serious"? The game runs too fast ? The closest its going to get is when Fightcade gets the game's performance down.

nwo

Noob
Classic MK games can't be played seriously online IMO, but for more serious players the best way you could play online is MAME 0.129. I tried Fightcade like a year ago and the rollback really sucked, especially when playing people who were further away (outside of the country). Someone who I know said they tried Fightcade again recently and it was the same as before. It's good to see some hype though, the match making is good and I even like 60fps for online, just not the rollback.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Who tf is serious about these games, online, in 2021? The Kaillera servers are garbo, I have no idea how any online form of classic MK is worthy of being "serious"? .
Classic MK games can't be played seriously online IMO.
I 1,000,000% agree with both of these takes. It’s just a different game compared to offline. However, this is a great step in the right direction. The #1 thing that plagues classic MK online is obviously the netcode. Mainly button/input delay, honestly. As if both players are wired, you typically don’t see much lag (as in visual frame skips or freezes), but you do still have button/input delay.

Anyway, I haven’t tried fightcade out yet because I’ve heard from multiple sources it requires somewhat decent hardware to run efficiently. Once I acquire this, I’ll definitely try it out though!

THTB

Classic MK games can't be played seriously online IMO, but for more serious players the best way you could play online is MAME 0.129. I tried Fightcade like a year ago and the rollback really sucked, especially when playing people who were further away (outside of the country). Someone who I know said they tried Fightcade again recently and it was the same as before. It's good to see some hype though, the match making is good and I even like 60fps for online, just not the rollback.
I've had no issues with rollback at all. I'm not sure what could be wrong on your end.

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Fightcade framerate is unplayable. You are not playing the same game.

For the rollback, I've played about 10 matches on Fightcade in the past week or two and its super inconsistent. I've played people on 1 bar without any rollback, but played 3 bars on wired that rollback every second. Rollback + 60FPS is demonic. I would rather play PS3 MKAK over Fightcade any day. It's garbage

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
out of curiosity, have people tried limiting the framerate with an external program like afterburner?

nwo

Noob
I've had no issues with rollback at all. I'm not sure what could be wrong on your end.
I was mostly playing non USA players, so I think the rollback was more aggressive. The characters were usually just warping around, and at one point I saw "Finish Him" appear for a split second, then it got rolled back and the fight continued. This was last March, maybe it's better now, but that's not what I heard.

THTB

I was mostly playing non USA players, so I think the rollback was more aggressive. The characters were usually just warping around, and at one point I saw "Finish Him" appear for a split second, then it got rolled back and the fight continued. This was last March, maybe it's better now, but that's not what I heard.
If you're playing from the US and your opponents are outside of it, then that sounds normal. You can set the input delay to smooth out the rollback. It sounds like a distance issue, and pretty much the only solution at that point is giving the system more time to get inputs.

Reactions: nwo

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
If you're playing from the US and your opponents are outside of it, then that sounds normal. You can set the input delay to smooth out the rollback. It sounds like a distance issue, and pretty much the only solution at that point is giving the system more time to get inputs.
TBH my matches with people outside the US have been consistently better than people a few states over

Magictrick

UMK3 54 fps enjoyer
60 fps is unplayable, fraudulent and scrub friendly. People be doing the dumbest shit and get away with it, then go play the real game (54fps) and get bodied free.

I literally saw the guy complaining that he doesn't want to play on 54 because when he randomly teleports with his scorpion his opponent has the time to punish him every time and he didn't like that.

This is not the same game, idk why people play 60

Reactions: nwo

nwo

Noob
60 fps is unplayable, fraudulent and scrub friendly. People be doing the dumbest shit and get away with it, then go play the real game (54fps) and get bodied free.

I literally saw the guy complaining that he doesn't want to play on 54 because when he randomly teleports with his scorpion his opponent has the time to punish him every time and he didn't like that.

nope.

THTB

For now, it's what's available if you want to play on rollback. Original frame rate is ideal. But, in the midst of a pandemic where no one is meeting offline, it's either 60fps but you can play most of the world, or 54fps but your scope of playable opponents is limited to the few you're close to unless you wanna deal with really sluggish gameplay.

Magictrick

UMK3 54 fps enjoyer
But I'm not even joking.

People yoloing all those punishable moves, get outspaced, outneutraled, outsmarted, punished every single time, then say "fuck that, see me in 60fps" and all of a sudden they are able to take games from the same opponent. I wonder why :REO

nwo

Noob
But I'm not even joking.

People yoloing all those punishable moves, get outspaced, outneutraled, outsmarted, punished every single time, then say "fuck that, see me in 60fps" and all of a sudden they are able to take games from the same opponent. I wonder why :REO
It's the same game whether it's 60 or 54, but 60fps is just a little more responsive online, you'll have to adjust if you are used to one speed and then switch to the other. At first I hated it, but it grows on you and it's one of the things Fightcade got right IMO.

MRIGOTBASS

It's the same game whether it's 60 or 54, but 60fps is just a little more responsive online IMO.
Ultimately its a novelty game at best, face it lol. Shits like 26 years old and fools still vile as hell trying to be the best at MK lol. This game should be enjoyed on a limited basis and if people enjoy it on Fightcade let the normal people have fun playing it. Theres like 5-10 people who take this game so serious its a lifestyle, Whats up to my homie Little @Biggs what's poppin lol. But for the normal people who like to enjoy this game as a novelty this will help people have fun.

Now the 60 Fps NWO Mame and Fightcade

There is 54 frames of animation per second homie if u increase it to 60 well ur missing 6 frames of assets, I have no clue in umk3 if there actually is that many actual animations on a 1:1 clock tic / drawn animation basis I am sure @Biggs probably knows that information on some other shit, but there is a 6 clock tick time period in 60fps that has no data so it will affect the visuals on some level characters skipping animations, all kinds of goofy stuff occurring.

The reason NWO thinks the game is slow online is cause he set up a sever WarRoom on a shared server, that has a shared Nic with like prob 200 other VMs , not on azure or AWS but some bullshit Joes Data Center so to mitigate that bullshit server they had to "Fix" umk3 cause the real one is slow lol. Nah homie u just are cheap and won't pay for a real server on AWS or Cloudfare or Azure. Thats why you mk is slow, nah fool your just being cheap about it dude lol. Facts. If you switch to any other server the game plays normal again, its just a straight bad setup don't blame the game lol. NWO is the king of cheap fool was flossing a 2003 dual core back in 2015 claiming it was ok to run mame119 lagging out the whole room, we was begging him to upgrade and eventually stopped playing him cause of it being so damn slow.

The 60fps has been denounced by Speed, Marvinrawsta, and @NoDoubt who is hands down the most godlike umk3 player of all time unbeaten in like a decade of causing multiple nerds dreams of championship to be flushed down the toilet. If they all say it sucks, that's enough to convince me.

nwo

Noob
Ultimately its a novelty game at best, face it lol. Shits like 26 years old and fools still vile as hell trying to be the best at MK lol. This game should be enjoyed on a limited basis and if people enjoy it on Fightcade let the normal people have fun playing it. Theres like 5-10 people who take this game so serious its a lifestyle, Whats up to my homie Little @Biggs what's poppin lol. But for the normal people who like to enjoy this game as a novelty this will help people have fun.

Now the 60 Fps NWO Mame and Fightcade

There is 54 frames of animation per second homie if u increase it to 60 well ur missing 6 frames of assets, I have no clue in umk3 if there actually is that many actual animations on a 1:1 clock tic / drawn animation basis I am sure @Biggs probably knows that information on some other shit, but there is a 6 clock tick time period in 60fps that has no data so it will affect the visuals on some level characters skipping animations, all kinds of goofy stuff occurring.

The reason NWO thinks the game is slow online is cause he set up a sever WarRoom on a shared server, that has a shared Nic with like prob 200 other VMs , not on azure or AWS but some bullshit Joes Data Center so to mitigate that bullshit server they had to "Fix" umk3 cause the real one is slow lol. Nah homie u just are cheap and won't pay for a real server on AWS or Cloudfare or Azure. Thats why you mk is slow, nah fool your just being cheap about it dude lol. Facts. If you switch to any other server the game plays normal again, its just a straight bad setup don't blame the game lol. NWO is the king of cheap fool was flossing a 2003 dual core back in 2015 claiming it was ok to run mame119 lagging out the whole room, we was begging him to upgrade and eventually stopped playing him cause of it being so damn slow.

The 60fps has been denounced by Speed, Marvinrawsta, and @NoDoubt who is hands down the most godlike umk3 player of all time unbeaten in like a decade of causing multiple nerds dreams of championship to be flushed down the toilet. If they all say it sucks, that's enough to convince me.
I'll read this when I have time.

Magictrick

UMK3 54 fps enjoyer
Thank you!

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
60FPS is not the same game. People are playing like apes doing everything in advance without thought. You cannot react to anything on that version online, the game is way too fast. I could not consistently Spin things like Lao's teleport or jumps on reaction (but on regular I got it nearly every time). The poking is also vastly different on 60FPS. A lot of machine gunned pokes on 60FPS are very real, where on regular UMK3 it would get readily handled. Punishing things on block is also a major chore due to the speed. I don't know why people enjoy this fraudulent version of the game

60FPS is not the same game. People are playing like apes doing everything in advance without thought. You cannot react to anything on that version online, the game is way too fast. I could not consistently Spin things like Lao's teleport or jumps on reaction (but on regular I got it nearly every time). The poking is also vastly different on 60FPS. A lot of machine gunned pokes on 60FPS are very real, where on regular UMK3 it would get readily handled. Punishing things on block is also a major chore due to the speed. I don't know why people enjoy this fraudulent version of the game
60 frame safewolfe, that's all I can say.