What's new

Match-up Discussion Fight against "Tile" MU Theories

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I personnally zone (dagues cancel) a lot to be able to rush him down with a red dash. I use a lot ex-red dash to make anti-wake up coz most of them always use elbow or slide as wake up.
To punish elbow on block I'll use d1, 1, f4, red dash, up slash, f2, 1, 2, 1+2, red dash, up slash, upercut or 1, 1, 4 ex-dague cancel pressure.
Make sure to poke a lot with d3 (d3+slide sometimes) before using 2, 1, 2, dague cancel, 2, red dash, up slash, 1, 1, 2, blood ball or whatever.

When I'm jumping in him I like using down air dague against ex-forceball in case reptile would like AA me.

Anyway, to me the most important part is to zone a lot before rushing down, coz reptile can't do shit except ex-slide when you daguing cancel as fuck.

ryublaze

Noob
Force Balls are easy to react to and EX Red Dash through them. From my experiences I get a little too carried away with down daggers and land on a force ball so whenever you see that you're going to land on a Force Ball use an air teleport instead of down dagger. I haven't played many Reptiles (and I don't really like playing them online), but Ninj has played THTB and uploaded a video if it in the other thread so you should check that out.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I personnally zone (dagues cancel) a lot to be able to rush him down with a red dash. I use a lot ex-red dash to make anti-wake up coz most of them always use elbow or slide as wake up.
To punish elbow on block I'll use d1, 1, f4, red dash, up slash, f2, 1, 2, 1+2, red dash, up slash, upercut or 1, 1, 4 ex-dague cancel pressure.
Make sure to poke a lot with d3 (d3+slide sometimes) before using 2, 1, 2, dague cancel, 2, red dash, up slash, 1, 1, 2, blood ball or whatever.

When I'm jumping in him I like using down air dague against ex-forceball in case reptile would like AA me.

Anyway, to me the most important part is to zone a lot before rushing down, coz reptile can't do shit except ex-slide when you daguing cancel as fuck.
So as long i keep zoning him with the dague i should be fine right? I have an opponent who dashes all time and its really annoying, i never actually tried to stop him with the Crimson Dash because everytime i do Tile passes right through skarlets and she wastes a meter.
I can't actually keep him steady to make him pretty.

And when he Dashes i got stuck because that move is neutral if it whiffs(no so sure) and its a bit hard to see where he will stop.

Force Balls are easy to react to and EX Red Dash through them. From my experiences I get a little too carried away with down daggers and land on a force ball so whenever you see that you're going to land on a Force Ball use an air teleport instead of down dagger. I haven't played many Reptiles (and I don't really like playing them online), but Ninj has played THTB and uploaded a video if it in the other thread so you should check that out.
Yes i saw it, tough match for Skarlet IMO, maybe Ninj and THTB could share some stuffs to have a more wide vision of fighting Mr.Tile

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Reptile is -15 on a blocked shoulder dash - fully punishable, somewhat tight window.

Reptile is a problem character for Skarlet, because he's hard to lock down in one place due to his shoulder dash. One tactic I employ against dash happy Reptiles is a jump-away downward dagger. I don't follow it up - I just want him to know that if he tries to cross the screen with it, he's going to take damage and not get what he wants.

Reptile can't outzone Skarlet due to the fact that he'll take 8% every time he tries from teleport.

Reptile can't bait Skarlet into jumping into a forceball since she can teleport.

IMO Reptile fights come down to skill level. Skarlet can't reliably punish a wakeup with EX Red Dash because a Shoulder Dash (or EX version) will go through Skarlet - EX version will come back to hit her. Skarlet excels at fighting characters who she can lock down movement and wakeup attack-wise. Reptile and Kung Lao both fit this bill with their 6-frame specials.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
IMO Reptile fights come down to skill level. Skarlet can't reliably punish a wakeup with EX Red Dash because a Shoulder Dash (or EX version) will go through Skarlet - EX version will come back to hit her. Skarlet excels at fighting characters who she can lock down movement and wakeup attack-wise. Reptile and Kung Lao both fit this bill with their 6-frame specials.
I still prefer fighting Kung Lao, its possible to bait spins and armor through hats, and lock his wake ups, your reps strategies are very solid i will try that and see how it works thanks again ^^

SaJa

FH_FenriR
So as long i keep zoning him with the dague i should be fine right? I have an opponent who dashes all time and its really annoying, i never actually tried to stop him with the Crimson Dash because everytime i do Tile passes right through skarlets and she wastes a meter.
I can't actually keep him steady to make him pretty.

And when he Dashes i got stuck because that move is neutral if it whiffs(no so sure) and its a bit hard to see where he will stop.
Right. If you spam zoning he won't be able to get close to you spamming elbow dash, however, you can get to him suddenly with your red dash for slide or ex-red dash for overhead combo.

Skarlet's cancel projectiles aren't that effective in term of damage, however it is the best "distant poke" of the game :D

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Right. If you spam zoning he won't be able to get close to you spamming elbow dash, however, you can get to him suddenly with your red dash for slide or ex-red dash for overhead combo.

Skarlet's cancel projectiles aren't that effective in term of damage, however it is the best "distant poke" of the game :D
4% ain't much but it adds up, and it's definitely an effective distance-closer and iaBD's can be tough to deal with since they recover faster than Kabal's iaGB

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Don't forget that her daggers are a battery. Let them block both daggers 7 times for a bar of meter. Mix in cancels along with letting both daggers fly to catch him dashing in or jumping. Build your meter then spend it to punish him with red dash, or save it for breakers when he does get on you. This is the same way to fight Cage. When you think about it your daggers have three purposes that they contribute to if done correctly, poke them from distance to keep him in the space you want him in, little bits of damage that can turn into combos when you catch him jumping, and battery to charge the meter.