What's new

Fighstick feints struggle

Macoomba

Noob
Yo there guys, I was thinking about coming back on my love Jacqueline but I have some serious struggle with the L2 feints.
I have an Hori Rap 4, and the L2 is the third button from left to right on the lower row.
I could use 3+4, but I have to move my whole hand and it's a mess. I usually play with my thumb on the 3, and the other 4 fingers on the upper row (where I have 1,2, Amp, Block).
What am I supposed to do? Should I practice using my thumb for the 3 and going down with my index on the 4? Or maybe i could set the L2 on the last bottom row button and press it with my pinkie.. I don't know, every solution seems uncomfortable to me.. Help :'(

I leave you all my keybindings so maybe it's more clear to you:
Upper row: 1, 2, Amp, Block
Bottom row: 3, 4, Feint, Throw (I always use 1+2 to grab)

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
What is "feint"? There is 1,2,3 and 4. Block, Stance Switch, Throw and Amplify?

I use...

B, S, T, A

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
These games are NOT designed with stick players in mind whatsoever. To have 8 fucking buttons that are used in a fighter is absurd. I had to stop playing Jacqui because using her cancels with my new layout (that I already changed to compensate for the meter burn change).

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Game is fine on arcade stick. My personal layout is

1 2 block stance switch
3 4 throw interact

I use 1+3 for throw, use my pinky for amplify, same with for stance switch and for jacqui doing her cancels aren't bad at all. Been playing these games on stick since mk9 and have had no issue.

OP I feel like your layout doesn't make very much sense, at least to me personally. I don't like the idea of having to move your hand to go from block to 1, or for having to use pinky for block since you are pressing it so constantly. I also personally find the button you have stance switch on the most awkward to use in NRS games. SF and such it isn't so bad because you can be more loose in hand placement without a block button. But NRS games you are pressing block so constantly that it keeps your hand in a pretty static position.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
These games are NOT designed with stick players in mind whatsoever. To have 8 fucking buttons that are used in a fighter is absurd. I had to stop playing Jacqui because using her cancels with my new layout (that I already changed to compensate for the meter burn change).
It's even more inconvenient for stick players who only use 6 buttons on their stick. The way NRS has button shortcuts setup is too tight. I'll hold flip stance on wakeup to delay it and sometimes it wont register because I hit a button a frame later than I hit the other button. It's tight for no reason. Same goes with throw and amplify, but it happens a lot less with amplify.

My setup is this:
(1)(2)(Throw)
(3)(4)(Block)

Macoomba

Noob
What is "feint"? There is 1,2,3 and 4. Block, Stance Switch, Throw and Amplify?

I use...

B, S, T, A
The "feint" is done with the Stance Switch on Jacqui, I meant that sorry!

By the way it seems everybody has his own layup, for example @HGTV Soapboxfan says he would be not comfortable with the pinkie on the block where i got no problems, and @Hitoshura doesnt use the amplify button. I could not handle that I think.
I guess I just need to try few different layups and see which one works for me :/ Just to play jacqui......

I've had perfect success with my setup on stick
1,2, flip stance
3,4, block

Its not really said anywhere in the game but there's a shortcut for amplify which is actually 1+2 and its what I use. And my stick only has 6 buttons. So with Jacqui I can do the feints because they're on my top right button. Interactables are also 1+2.

Macoomba

Noob
I've had perfect success with my setup on stick
1,2, flip stance
3,4, block

Its not really said anywhere in the game but there's a shortcut for amplify which is actually 1+2 and its what I use. And my stick only has 6 buttons. So with Jacqui I can do the feints because they're on my top right button. Interactables are also 1+2.
with which finger do u block?

Methysan

Noob
Here's my stick layout. This took a long time to figure out but I don't feel like I'm giving up anything with it and everything is easy to use.

1 2 Block
3 4 Flip stance

This lets you throw with 1+3 (like Street Fighter), meter burn/interact with 1+2, use Flip to delay wakeup or roll, and press block+flip to fatal blow. You can also press 1+2+block to meter burn an interactable.

Make sure you have the control setting "button shortcuts" on so these combos work.

Macoomba

Noob
Here's my stick layout. This took a long time to figure out but I don't feel like I'm giving up anything with it and everything is easy to use.

1 2 Block
3 4 Flip stance

This lets you throw with 1+3 (like Street Fighter), meter burn/interact with 1+2, use Flip to delay wakeup or roll, and press block+flip to fatal blow. You can also press 1+2+block to meter burn an interactable.

Make sure you have the control setting "button shortcuts" on so these combos work.
Im going to give this layout a try! Even if, using my pinky always makes me uncomfortable. Maybe it's just time.