What's new

Few Tips Please

Hey guys,

Sorry if this was already answered somewhere but if someone could help me it would mean a lot !

I am having troubles with three things:

1/ MB Dive kicks. I know there is a combo starter with MB Dive kick then another one right after but I can't do it right. Either I do it waaay to slowly or my second one hits and there is no more time for conversion. What is the best way to do this start up?

2/ Wake Ups - For the most part I do fairly well on a scrub level but the second I am pushed in the corner or in a long combo I am having such a hard time reacting. I try MB back 3 or lightning cage wake up but it's just too slow. Any tips here?

3/ I find myself do the same combo over and over - forward 12 into the other strings. What else is a good starter or mix up?

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE !

Last edited:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
1: Practice makes perfect. I don't personally play Adam so I can't say how hard something like MB Divekick, Divekick, F12xxTrait, F122 combo is. The universal rule with difficult combos is to keep practicing, everyone gets it at some point.

2: Make use of universal wakeup options. Delayed wakeup is a great tool but sometimes you just gotta block on wakeup to deal with whatever your opponent is doing.

3: F12 is pretty baller but besides that Adam has 122 (or 112, whichever one it is with the headbutt) for punishing. I also believe he has an overhead which may be useful (B2?)

Hey both,

Thank you so much for this.

I've actually saw one of your videos before, gonna see more of them now.

Can you please give me any advise regarding the dive kick MB followed after another DK and how do you deal with the corner pressure?

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Regarding the corner pressure, Adam has some of the worst wakeups in the game. They are super easy to stuff and you will get punished for a full combo if they stuff it correctly. Honestly your best option is to just block on wakeup, maybe pushblock if you have the bar.

For the second divekick, it's needs to be pretty low. I would practice doing instant air divekicks, which is a divekick done super low to the ground. Just try doing df3 as soon as you jump, with enough practice you'll get it.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
MB dk to dk just takes practice

Adam's wakeups are pretty bad, that's probably his biggest weakness. Try to use delayed wakeup and backdash, just don't abuse any of those.

f12 is his best combo starter as it has range. b2 also has good range but it's slower, 2 is his best mid, but its range sucks and 112/113 are good for pressure. Each string has it's use, f12 is his best one though, so it's normal to use it more often than not.

YouTube.com/user/Clarkluthorgaming
seriously? have you no shame?

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
1) practice instant air dive kick by doing UDF3 in one motion. Consistency is the key.
2) better to not wake up with Adam but leveling up your block defence and push block.
3) F12 is amazing mid range but is low profiled a lot. Practice with every string and see their pros and cons.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
MB dk to dk just takes practice

Adam's wakeups are pretty bad, that's probably his biggest weakness. Try to use delayed wakeup and backdash, just don't abuse any of those.

f12 is his best combo starter as it has range. b2 also has good range but it's slower, 2 is his best mid, but its range sucks and 112/113 are good for pressure. Each string has it's use, f12 is his best one though, so it's normal to use it more often than not.

seriously? have you no shame?
Ok

Sorry for my whoring bud, definitely don't go to the link I posted. It only has in depth videos explaining how black adam works.
It's not whoring at all. You're sharing your knowledge with others who I'm sure will benefit from your experience. I myself have greatly learned and appreciate when you make vids and inform others.

Keep on keepin' on.......

Error

DF2+R2
Hey Mate,

Thanks for all the videos.

May I ask you what type of mixups and openings are you using?
The most common mix up Adam has is string canceled into trait into grab on block, most good players are conditioned to know the grab's coming, that's when you can start doing string into trait into f3 or mb f3 if they're poking out all the time.

Since Adam has many overheads, another common mix up is to combine them with low lightning mb. 112/11x lightning, b2 trait b2xx low lightning, f221+3/f12xx low lightning (this one can be poked out but it still catches @Chongo 15 times out of 10).

Finally in the corner after ending a combo with 13 or b232 an instant far divekick will cross up and a nj2 or instant close divekick will hit in front. If they start delaying wake up you can just go for a jump in into pressure.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
B1 is a solid mid, use it more, most will be looking to low poke f12 since it's a high. Use b12trait here and there.

B2 catches a lot of players trying to low poke your advancing highs too.

22b1trait does decent meterles damage & is an auto hit confirm of jump ins.
off jump ins use 113trait for pressure(hella plus on block) you can go for throw or bait them with f3.

With meter for 2/4 bars of easy punishing situations you can use f12 BC, J3DK, F12trait, F12throw around 50-55%.

Mix up f1 throw, F1trait & f12trait.

Do not get predictable with full screen divekicks. Smart players will mbb3 or neutral jump punish it.

Keep practicing double divekicks till you get the timing right. for the second divekick jump forward then input dk. I was one of those who struggle with double divekicks now I land it 9/10. You will get it down trus me.

Adam has one of the worst backdashes in the game, It's short & slow with very little invincibility. On wake ups your best bet is to block or/and pushblock.

Learn to block a lot don't lose patience, you won't be backdashing out of strings either.

Watch Dragon & Slayer and take tips from them. Both smartest Adams in the scene.

Last edited: