What's new

Strategy - Ruthless Ferra/Torr X-ray kombo power & mix-up

Parnak

Fight me as you will yet you can never hope to win
So, Bone Breaker surely is a great X-ray. 37% damage is quite good, Torr covers half screen distance, two mighty overheads AND kombo potential. Keep in mind that Vicious & Ruthless can get the meter without much difficulty, for they don't rely on :ex specials as much as most character variations in the game.

Most powerful combo I've found is F2, F3, 4xxBone Breaker for 53%
This seems to be a universal X-ray combo, but I haven't yet tested if it can be surpassed by adding Lackey's NJP to it. I doubt that though.
Interestingly, if you add Jip to the combo the damage output dwindles to 52% :eek:!! It's all about managing number of hits in accordance with damage scaling I guess..
However, the combo's damage does benefit from Jip when under Ruthless Pain & Gain buff :confused:. I've tested the combo on triple P&G buff and along with Jip it reaches 72% :cool:!! I have yet to see greater damage from Ferra/Torr..

The buffed X-ray combo isn't practical of course.. What could be practical however is running towards the opponent with the X-ray loaded, after a knockdown or simply a gain of momentum. The opponent could be baited to stand blocking out of fear for Bone Breaker's overheads, possibly hoping you will burn your meter for naught. You can then cancel your run to the X-ray combo, which of course starts with Kaber Toss low. And if the opponent tries something instead of stand blocking, with good reflexes you could blow them up by making use of the naked X-ray's armor. This could prove to be a devastating mix-up. The goal should be to pull off the 53% kombo, which also is fairly easy to execute! ;)

Please let me know if you have any thoughts on this! I hope it proves useful. :)

*** UPDATED ***

X-RAY KORNER KARRY KOMBO ADDED 49%

This X-ray combo uses Kaber Toss twice to carry opponent to the side you were facing first. If you wish to carry them behind you, simply go for the ordinary X-ray combo above. Of course, this too could be used for a low/overhead mix up with the X-ray on its own. Damage is 49%.

Inputs: Jip~F2~F2~2xxBone Crusher

Strict timing required for 2 to connect. Keep in mind that 2nd F2 has to hit opponent at the max possible height of their falling arc, else there won't be enough time for 2 to connect.

Last edited:

Audit

Falls down too much
I play Lackey mostly, so I never get to build enough meter for his X-Ray. :( I probably should make a point to use it more so the people I'm playing fear the overhead from it and eat more F2s.

Parnak

Fight me as you will yet you can never hope to win
I play Lackey mostly, so I never get to build enough meter for his X-Ray. :( I probably should make a point to use it more so the people I'm playing fear the overhead from it and eat more F2s.
Lackey is great, I'm looking forward to testing it thoroughly.!