What's new

"Fear The Wrath of God" - The Jin Kazama Thread

GENERAL OVERVIEW
Jin's strong points are his ranged poking tools and a strong CH game. Both of which give him a decent ground game. He lacks safe launchers and has weak damage overall.​
TOP MOVES
Electric Wind Hook Fist :r*:d:qtr+:bp
The EWHF is Jin's version of the Mishima's EWGF. It's weaker than the EWGF because it doesn't launch on natural hit. However, it does launch on CH, and it's +5 on block. It's especially strong in the corner. On NH or CH it causes a wall splat that grants a free combo. It's also an effective frame trap near the wall.​
Switch Blade :bp,:bk
One of Jin's 10f punishers. It causes KD on hit, and has wall splat properties.​
Thrust to Roundhouse :qtr+:fp,:bk
This is a decent string that has many useful variations. :qtr+:fp is a good close range M poke, while :qtr+:fp,:bk hits M,H, causes a wall splat, and a decent wall combo starter. The last variation :qtr+:fp,[:bk~:bk], hits M,M is slower, but it catches crouching opponents, and grants a combo on hit.​
Lunging Low Roundhouse Kick (LLRK)​
Right Low Roundhouse​
Right Sweep​

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm starting to think this jin game is possibly based mostly of his Crouch Dash Stance.
So manny options, how safe it is the CDS+1+2 Launcher on block?

I'm starting to think this jin game is possibly based mostly of his Crouch Dash Stance.
So manny options, how safe it is the CDS+1+2 Launcher on block?
My guess is it's unsafe. JIn doesn't have any safe launchers. I'm playing around with his Omen stance and I'm finding some cool things.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hey, how do you guys activate the CH without being from "power stance" or 1+2+3+4?

He used to have a way to charge is counters with F4 "during hit d+1+2" until tekken 6

but i though they nerfed in TTT2