What's new

Tech - Hellfire Fireball Cancel Punishes for All Armored Reversals Across The Cast.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Man this took a lot more time than I wanted it to, really glad I did though. The only armoured reversal that Scoprion cannot punish is Reptile's X-Ray (omg, nerf Reptile) so provided you make the correct read, if your opponent tries to armour out of your pressure they are going to eat another full combo. There's a couple of ones missing video demonstrations but the notations are in there still.

I have about 5 pages of notes to go through and will add in primary options for what characters it applies, in the mean time, hope you all enojy the vid :)

@Triplswing
@Slips
@YOMI MITYEAP
@Scoot Magee
@Eddy Wang

Time Stamps for character segments:

Cassie - 00:00 / Forward dash punish for every attack
D'Vorah - 1:22 / Forward dash punish for every attack
Ermac - 1:42 / Forward dash punish for every attack
Erron Black - 2:11 / Forward and Back dash punish for every attack
Ferra/Torr - 3:19 / Forward dash punish for every attack
Goro - 5:07 / Back dash punish for every attack
J.Cage - 6:51 / Forward dash punish for every attack
Jacqui - 8:08 / Forward dash punish for every attack
Jason - 9:06 / No universal dash option for every attack
Jax - 10:04 / Forward dash punish for every attack
Kano - 11:11 / Forward dash punish for every attack
Kenshi - 12:50 / Forward dash punish for every attack
Kitana - 14:45 / No universal dash option for every attack
Kotal Kahn - 16:11 / Forward dash punish for every attack
Kung Jin - 17:56 / Forward dash punish for every attack
Kung Lao - 19:53 / No universal dash option for every attack
Liu Kang - 20:21 / Forward dash punish for every attack
Mileena - 21:34 / No universal dash option for every attack
Quan Chi - 22:03 / Forward and back dash punish for every attack
Raiden - 23:02 / Forward dash punish for every attack
Reptile - 24:31 / Forward dash punish for every attack
Shinnok - 24:53 / Forward dash punish for every attack (X-Ray immune)
Sonya - 25:30 / No universal dash option for every attack
Sub Zero - 26:06 / Forward dash punish for every attack
Takeda - 27:09 / Forward dash punish for every attack
Tanya - 28:30 / Forward dash punish for every attack

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
@JTB123 nice, will give this a proper watch later but was just skimming through it there and landed in the mileena section.
all of ethereal's ex fades got invincibility frames added in last patch and recover super fast now so thats another option she has if she wants to use meter after the fbc

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Goddamn that's extensive. I don't have time to watch the whole thing now but I can see you really went all the way.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Yo, you put in MAD work with this! Good stuff. This stuff that "I" didnt' know about (some of it).

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Man this took a lot more time than I wanted it to, really glad I did though. The only armoured reversal that Scoprion cannot punish is Reptile's X-Ray (omg, nerf Reptile) so provided you make the correct read, if your opponent tries to armour out of your pressure they are going to eat another full combo. There's a couple of ones missing video demonstrations but the notations are in there still.

I have about 5 pages of notes to go through and will add in primary options for what characters it applies, in the mean time, hope you all enojy the vid :)

@Triplswing
@Slips
@YOMI MITYEAP
@Scoot Magee
@Eddy Wang

@hellfire players, drawing a blank right now. Sorry guys.
Wow u deserve of a medal for making this video

Great stuff

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
No he got nerfed, but this is great stuff. I've said this after the nerf, a character is way more interesting when you can make reads instead of mindlessly having access to something with zero consequences.
The 214 string did get nerfed yes, and this means Scorpion no longer has any safe dash cancels (without running) but this new metagame for the FBRC pressure might end up favoring Scorpion more than the old pressure did anyway, if the opponent plans on using armor/stamina to get out, the risk is still very much on them.

That's the way I see it anyway, can't speak for the guy you replied to.

coolwhip

Noob
The 214 string did get nerfed yes, and this means Scorpion no longer has any safe dash cancels (without running) but this new metagame for the FBRC pressure might end up favoring Scorpion more than the old pressure did anyway, if the opponent plans on using armor/stamina to get out, the risk is still very much on them.

And that's exactly why he's more interesting now. It opens up different options that, while riskier (since your opponent has options as well) are more rewarding. Which is kinda how things are supposed to be in general.

JTB123

I still need to go through my notes on this to check which characters Scorpion might have a go to option against. Will probably update it this weekend.

I much prefer his pressure this way, I think Scorpion mains would have found ways to really abuse the minimum +18 advantage pre patch. Hell I even starting using F4 as my mix up because you're so plus.

With how he is now, I find it a lot more fun. Landing the jump overs into air EX teleport punishes look so bad ass it's unreal. I think this makes his pressure very technical and something people will have know when fighting him, you won't be able to just armour out for free (unless your reptile and want to waste 3 bars lol) against his pressure which is really good imo.

Xzyj

Noob

Yes, that's exactly what i meant. They have a reason now to press some buttons for more favored outcomes, and can be punished even harder than before.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I'm very happy with the changes to hellfire. I was honestly getting very bored of the character because there was really no reason to not do the full fbc. I actually have a lot more fun in this variation now.

The ninjitsu buffs are cool too. I do think hellfire has the edge in more matches though.

Matix218

Get over here!
I'm very happy with the changes to hellfire. I was honestly getting very bored of the character because there was really no reason to not do the full fbc. I actually have a lot more fun in this variation now.

The ninjitsu buffs are cool too. I do think hellfire has the edge in more matches though.
I am having a blast with ninjitsu. Hellfire may still overall be the stronger more complete variation but I love getting a knockdown with ninjitsu and breaking wake up armor with f2/b4. And i really love the non T Rex njp too. That plus the damage buffs make ninjitsu my new favorite character to play.

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP

@Triplswing
@Slips
@YOMI MITYEAP
@Scoot Magee
@Eddy Wang

@hellfire players, drawing a blank right now. Sorry guys.

I don't know if this is too much to ask for cause this entire thing is already awesome but can you do time stamps of which characters are at what time in the video? It is like a 30 min video

But other than that thanks dude! I learned alot

JTB123

I don't know if this is too much to ask for cause this entire thing is already awesome but can you do time stamps of which characters are at what time in the video? It is like a 30 min video

But other than that thanks dude! I learned alot
On my list of things to add to the video but I'm unfortunately very busy with work this week. I'll update the OP sometime over the weekend with time stamps and any universal options agaisnt the cast.

FYI, the cast is in alphabetical order in the video, so you can get a decent idea by flicking through it.

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
I'm a Dragon's Fire Liu Kang main through and through and I have been dying to pick up a solid second for some time now. I'm pretty solid with the likes of Jax, Raiden, and Ermac but I have to say that the "nerfs" done to hellfire actually CAUSED me to take more interest in the character.

Then I started taking to the lab and doing my research on TYM and YouTube and it sealed it for me - Hellfire will be my dedicated secondary and I intend on continuing to put time in the lab to the point where my comfort level with him will be close to DF LK.

Thank you for those who contributed great tech like the one in this video. To me - this makes Scorp just so much more appealing and tech like this is mastered, I can see him skyrocketed back up the tier totem pole. This is the definition of mixup tech. Not 50/50. Not his vortex. Mixups.

Thoughts like "should I go for another 214 fbc to condition my opponent and then pull off a tele on my next blockstring to rip off a 38% punish or should I block to condition my opponent to not use armor and open him up with the next blockstring"

It's neat stuff and people like the OP saw past the outcry and seized potential instead. Thx for the ideas guys!