Votes: 52 28.9%
  • MKX

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • Three-way tie

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

SpineRip

Noob
I'm simply curious what your favourite console-based NRS game is to date, and why?

I realize I should wait several months for Injustice 2 to come out to post such a question, but I'm impatient.

Thanks in advance.

Injustice, although I'm not really good at it but it has the most amount of fun setups and crazy shits.
Also, I love Raven's playstyle. She has the best design of all character
Btw, the Killer Frost's non existent legacy lol "all that b*tch can do is slide"

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Injustice was my favorite, didn't play MK9, I like MKX, I've just stopped playing with any regularity due to most of the characters I enjoy(ed) getting dumpstered and the growing Injustice hype.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
MK9 had the best story mode and really worked that nostalgia bone but overall MKX was the most long lasting fun for me. The variation system and updates late into the game kept it fresh enough to maintain interest. Injustice was good but I had it on Wii U so I didn't play it enough.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Easily IGAU, for me.

Injustice is one of my favorite games of all time, let alone fighters. MK9 was a fantastic reboot for the series, but it is drastically overrated on this message board. It was a hella fun game, but was embarrassingly unbalanced and had some pretty egregious flaws.

Last edited:

ErMac333

Noob
MKX, felt really nostalgic with some returning roster choices, the variation system was also fun, presentation and overall design was on-point minimalism, the only thing I'd say was better in MK9 was the soundtrack. Really looking forward to how MKX2 will impress.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Injustice got me into competitive fighting games, so I will always appreciate it. Mortal Kombat X is obviously the most balanced though (and also has better online).

I don't really know which one I would say is my favorite, but I feel like I lean more towards Injustice.

EDIT: Actually thinking about it for a minute, I really don't know LOL. I think I played more MKX overall, but seriously, Injustice was really good for me.

DavesHotnJuicy

jmack_215
I like MKX because that's the game I actually learned and got better at, during mk9 I had no concept of low and overhead lmao. But since injustice 2 is coming out I play injustice 1 now and it's pretty fun.

Last edited:

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Injustice GODS Among Us,

Followed by a not too distant hella fun MK9.

MKX was, well, some people who had it as their first fighter love it and it was the most balanced so there's a compliment.
Idk. At the moment I believe it's the most balanced but after characters like Quan, alien, Tanya, predator they were so incredibly dumb.
However I didn't start competitively playing injustice until all the patches were done so I cant say

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
MKX was my first fighting game so it's getting my biased vote. But I really didn't play much till 2016 and shrugged off the stuff I hated in the game.

So, depending on how good Inj2 is, it might just wipe almost all of it out of my memory.....

And fill it with new hate.:DOGE

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
MKX is more balanced than Injustice in terms of how many fighters are worthwhile and viable with most characters having at least one good variation.

Injustice is more balanced when it comes to the amount of playstyles that are viable. Flash went hard as fuck offensively, Zod went just as hard with his zoning, Bane just not giving a fuck, Aquaman with dominant footsies and defensive tools.

It just depends on the type of balance you're looking for. Yes MKX has a smaller gap between your Shinnoks and your Erron Blacks, no true dumpster tier characters while the same can't be said for Injustice. But Injustice represented every playstyle with a powerful character, same can't really be said for MKX. A character loyalist would enjoy MKX way more, if Arrow was your favorite character get ready for pain. But imo seeing two fucked up characters that do vastly different things going at it is better than two balanced characters that do a very similar thing go at it.

Depends on the type of balance you value really.

Last edited:

exisTenz

Noob
MK9 was fun and had better roster, but MKX is the first fighting game I took seriously, so my vote goes to MKX.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
not voting as this "list" is criminally missing things....

My fav NRS games (and yes I know some of these are before Netherrealms technically existed.. but so what?)

Here are my top 5

1. Mortal Kombat 3 : Ultimate
  2. Mortal Komabt : XL
  3. Mortal Kombat : Decpetion
  4. Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (Yes seriously... I know.. but I do not care I loved this game!)
  5. Mortal Kombat 9