Votes: 21 80.8%
  • Corrupted Shinnok (MKX)

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Kronika (MK11)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Who's your favourite final boss? Not necessarily about the characters themselves, more like "who do enjoy fighting against the most?"

To this day I still remember how people hated Shao Kahn so much. I can agree he was very frustrating lol

The one I love to beat is Corrupted Shinnok, though. Overall the fight against Shinnok has two stages: First you fight against "normal" Shinnok, then he powers up and becomes Corrupted Shinnok. This fight is very intense and amusing.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I don't think there's any answer but Shao Kahn. The other two are just nothing.

Like Corrupted Shinnok could have been cool, but he looks like a generic demon. Like put him in Doom, or any MMO and nobody would question it. He's the fucking god of death, they really should have balled out with the bodyhorror. Have bones stick out tearing flesh, muscles ripping his skin apart. Its terrifying to us, but to him it's beautiful.

And Kronika . . . .lol.
I honestly wish they stuck with the idea of having Kronika be a man, they'd at least have to somewhat be creative. Because it seems like they just said "She's a woman" and added NOTHING else to the character.

In terms of the actual boss fights themselves, Shao Kahn. It's the most traditional fight, and outside of his armour and increased health, you could still use all of your tools.

I did not like Corrupted Shinnok at all, specifically that ranged attack of his that was unblockable and hits mid was horrible.

I don't like how Kronika can't be properly komboed, and your simply not able to actually use your tools against her. I think her general design and how she calls in others to aid you is very neat. I also like how in Story Mode, she can call in guest characters!

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I don't like how Kronika can't be properly komboed, and your simply not able to actually use your tools against her
That's another thing I hated about her. She has boss physics, but no boss design. Like if she's gonna be unlaunchable, unthrowable, unsuperable, then make her a giant monster or some shit. Give her impossible anatomy, make her truly unique.

That's another thing I hated about her. She has boss physics, but no boss design. Like if she's gonna be unlaunchable, unthrowable, unsuperable, then make her a giant monster or some shit. Give her impossible anatomy, make her truly unique.
I didn't have an issue myself with the character's art design.

The OP was also asking about the mechanics of fighting the boss and not their actual character.

As a character, I quite liked Kronika. Very different than the previous antagonists of the series. Shao is still my fav though.

Shao Kahn just due to nostalgia but I think he’s the easiest one of the bunch to beat.
He really is. Once you learn his patterns, he's not hard at all. If you're playing a female character, you could simply duck his Hammer Throw as well.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
He really is. Once you learn his patterns, he's not hard at all. If you're playing a female character, you could simply duck his Hammer Throw as well.
There’s strategies that guarantee a flawless victory against Shao Kahn, Goro & Kintaro. It’s crazy. What’s funny is, Shang Tsung is probably the hardest boss in MK9 because he’s the hardest to predict.

Shao Kahn is hated by casuals:

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Shao Kahn is the best fighting game boss imo. Followed by Omega Rugal and Shin Akuma. Can't wait to play as Rugal in Kof15. i am gonna genocide cut everyone, LoL.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
At this point I immediately quit at the boss fights. They are so unlike the rest of what I'm there to do; Kronika especially. I really didn't appreciate Shinnok doing fatalities over and over while trying to get endings in MKX. The fight could go very fast and there you are waiting on the CPU which really doesn't care about gloating. Just an obnoxious waist of time on top of it not even being a fighting game at that point. I can't even remember what Brainiac did. I did the story and maybe an ending then just bounced when he came up.

I've notice I really don't like any game that has an "experience shift" of any kind. I'm there for one thing, and if I suddenly not doing that thing, then I just want back or out.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Shao Kahn is the best fighting game boss imo. Followed by Omega Rugal and Shin Akuma. Can't wait to play as Rugal in Kof15. i am gonna genocide cut everyone, LoL.
Shao Kahn was the first big bad that actually looked like they could fuck up anyone that is put in front of them.

The only boss characters to look that scary & be able to dish out the punishment for me are Onaga, Eyedol, Gargos, Algol, Night Terror & Azazel.

Most big final bosses are just goofy looking dudes, play similar to a different character, powered up versions of an existing character, failed attempt at making a badass, just silly & such most of the time with gimmicky nonsense.

Shinnok basically because it's a two-part fight and it's closest to what I've wanted all along: several fights instead of a cheap boss fight. It still was cheap, but since they also did something different in 11 with 3 stages, it shows they are willing to experiment with it.

Art Lean

Noob
As a character, Shao Kahn.

As a fight, Shinnok.

As an announcer, Kronika. The best the franchise has sounded since MK2.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
That he is!

Gargos in Killer Instinct 2 looked silly. They made him look great in 2013.
That’s true but the same can be said about Eyedol too but I think it’s mostly due to restrictions of the time & the Clayfighter-esque way they did characters. When you look at Gargos retro skin in KI 2013 it’s just KI2/KI Gold version of him modernized & makes him look less janky but still terrifying.

Gargos’ story was part of it though, he was like Onaga in many ways but a decade before. He was a half-god banished for 2000 years, manifested as a tiger spirit to grant Jago part of his powers then ordered Jago to kill Eyedol
(canon Orchid did)
before returning in his regular form to tell Jago his intentions to bring chaos to the world.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Shao Kahn is hated by casuals:

Watch what you're syain' these "casuals" in todays era are pretty much majority of MK11 player base - they would feel offended :D
These days, pretty much almost every streams speaks in confidence in terms of balance and shit.

Hail to Shao Khan, the eternal Ruler! he has no equals, and never will!