Votes: 26 22.8%
  • Scorpion

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • Skarlet

Votes: 28 24.6%

• Total voters

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
Scorpion is my favorite out of the five, but purely for aesthetic reasons. The others don't draw me in as characters. I don't hate them, but to me they're wallflowers.

I might keep Scorp as a pocket character come the full game, I usually do. For some reason I always pick him first in a new MK when learning the mechanics, but I always main someone else.

Afumba

Noob
Jade is my favorite, slightly ahead of Skarlet.
Scorpion and Baraka are alright.
Didnt care for Kabal.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Came in planning to use Scorpion, ended up with Kabal. Best combo options due to meterless dash, decent normals and some full screen options, best arsenal of crushing blows (besides Baraka maybe).

Last edited:

Thingy

Retired account
Where's the "nobody" option?
This.

I voted Scorpion because he was the only one I liked playing a bit, but really, none of the characters on the beta roster will get any playing time on release. Maybe Scorpion as a pocket to mop zoners.

1. Noob
2. Shao Kahn
3. Kitana
4. Kollector
5. Kotal Kahn
6. Johnny Cage

Will get the most play time from me but I'll play a little of everyone.

The beta Kharacters didn't interest me very much

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Scorpion is my favourite MK character, but I've found that he's rarely my favourite to play. MK11 seems to continue the trend, unfortunately. It's all very unfortunate, truly. Just doesn't click, especially since I don't particularly like Misery Blade.

I pre-emptively figured Scorpion'd be a flop based on what I watched of the game, so I earnestly expected to like Kabal the most, but I ended up preferring Jade. I doubt she'll be my main in the full game, especially if I'm not allowed to use kustomized characters at higher echelons of play, but I can definitely see myself playing her when I need some fresh air. TBH I could still say the same for Kabal, he was a lot of fun too.

Scorpion was the most fun for me. I used Demon Dash for the combo ender and Death Spin to have a cool option when I didn't have any meter for enhancing the teleport. It would be nice if they take away the damage scaling on his spear though, since that's supposed to be the man's core move but they made it fairly useless as compared to other options.

Jade with her three zoning abilities was next. It was fun playing her and she worked well as a long range character. Additionally, everyone else had long ranged attacks which were able to get in on her, so playing a zoner still had it be a well paced fighting game and not an Injustice type thing where they just had to crouch and inch in until one player got bored of the match and wandered off to make a sandwich or something.

I had thought I would really like Baraka and I think I still might, but I just couldn't put matches together well with him. When the main game comes out, I'll work on him in practice mode because he has some cool stuff.

Kabal and Skarlet just did nothing for me. I did a tower and a few matches with each of them, but then just never bothered to go back. Fine characters and all, but they just didn't click with me.