What's new

Faust - General Discussion

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Latest batch of ranked games. Still hate Ky :< Welcome all feedback so I can improve further!!!! Thanks in advance

Mandolore1123

Something to consider, since Faust’s offense can be said to be wholly reliant on getting snip snip snip, the 5P series of gatlings is a good way to set up our strike/throw game. I tune in to RF’s streams when I can, and it seems that his main pressure tool is indeed just doing run up into 5P5P5P5P2P with item coverage.

Mandolore1123

So game's been out a month. How are all the Faust mains feeling? I still love him despite his weaknesses. Not been doing too well but I guess it's we all learn in a new game. Discuss! (Don't want this thread just to be a dumping ground for videos)

DeftMonk

Noob
I honestly haven't played this much at all. But I was kinda interested in Faust if I jump back in it...how does he feel in the current meta? Pretty balanced? Or some real tough matchups for him?

Mandolore1123

I honestly haven't played this much at all. But I was kinda interested in Faust if I jump back in it...how does he feel in the current meta? Pretty balanced? Or some real tough matchups for him?
He's definitely weak (bottom 3 probably). Most MUs are tough/even, especially against the current top tiers. He's super fun though, and he has lots of interesting interactions with system mechanics like wall splat

Mandolore1123

Incredibly long breakdown of the patch by Krackatoa

Faust changes
  • j2k now combos into MMM on regular air hit and CH air hit (previously air hit j2k caused a knockdown)
  • j2k noticeably faster --> more combos routes like cS2H~MMM[3], cSj2k~Love in the corner for decent damage into +27 on block oki that's safe from 7f DPs and stuffs wakeup buttons and jumps
  • 2H got a huge range boost (is longer than fS now) and possibly disjointed (pending proof) --> extremely potent footsie tool now
  • 5H now much more active, makes it a much better poke in the neutral to stuff approaches/long range buttons on a read

Mandolore1123

Some matches against Jack O. MU seems to be decent from our end. We have a lot of ways to remove minions on the screen, if she tries to kick her minions from full screen we can skewer through all of them and then punish her with 1 scalpel thrust which is great

Need help against Ky and May in particular :( Any tips on how I should improve?

Mandolore1123

Stole this off RF’s stream. It seems to beat a lot of wake up options and give us plus frames on block. I think it’ll be a great thing to use when we don’t have meter and if we don’t know if the wall will break. It’ll also set up nicely into 5P pressure that can lead into wall slump. Note that even though I test it on Ky‘s DP it works against Sol’s 7f DP so it should be fine against other 7f reversal supers too.

Mandolore1123

Thoughts on the Jack-O' MU? Feels good for Faust, since we have a lot of ways to remove minions, sure we get clobbered on defense but that happens to every character and we just happen not to have a lot of guts. Might pick her up at one point. She does look fine

Mandolore1123

Remember when I said Jack-O' might be good? Holy moly if she gets started you are in for a world of pain.

Mandolore1123

New version of the corner bomb bag oki tech. Now with more explanation and examples of what it beats

Last edited: