What's new

Fatal Blows must be changed

• Thread starter Deleted member 61096
  • Start date

gam224

The world's least hype player
Clearly this guy never had to deal with +24 orbiting hat. In all seriousness they need to be more punishable across the board. Also they should at least leave you with some health afterwards even if they are the last thing you hit with. Perhaps they should leave you on last breath

MkPeezy

Unicorn Papi
This is not to encourage a debate. This is reserved for everyone who wants to shut their console off every time they see one of these things and loudly express their discontent.

NRS you've successful made the worst mechanic in your history of 5 games.

The neutral is shut down when characters like Geras can walk half screen and win a match he was losing the entire game.

We understand you thought you were being creative with these cinematic. They're atrocious. They're not animated well. They are game breaking. And they spit in the face of players who spend hours in the lab.

Make stricter requirements immediately.
Who hurt you? Whats his gamer tag?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Fatal Blows are the worst mechanic in this game by far. They need to be unsafe, have reduced damage, have additional scaling in combos, or go away if they are blocked or whiffed.

As Baraka if I hit you with anything and you have 50% or less of your health you're dead.With KBs it's often up to 60%. Not to mention that FBs can catch breakaways. Let's not even talk about Erron Black who can FB you for daring to try and throw a projectile or move.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
They should do around 18%/23% damage, so at least your opponent doesn't get to kill you with it when you don't even have access to it.

Make them permanently go away on miss and wiff and make them PLUS on block. Yes, PLUS. That way people migh start using it for the plus frames and we wont have to see those fucking animations every match.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
On ranked I have a pretty decent ratio. Around 10:3 win/losses. This is independent of my winning or losing. Certain fatal blows are grossly overpowered while other outright suck and there's more risk than reward.
Would you pick a character because of their fatal blow though? And you are doing good so who cares? It’s not hindering you at all. Certain characters are better at certain things in every fighting game.

I generally agree that they should be quicker and be less “fatality like”. I like the krushing blow mechanic a lot, the fatal blow should be just a tad longer than those. Maybe 2 or 3 quick krushing blows instead of a drawn out cinematic. The 5 sequence fatals are a little too much imo. I’m not getting angry about it though and I lose way more than you do lol.

BookBurning

Voidwards
Use it and lose it sure. X-Rays and fatal blows have always bothered me though because when comparing them to other large comeback mechanics in FGs (Mainly Ultras in SF4 and CA in SF5) They aren't very punishable depending and they also happen instantaneously. (Also they're 2 buttons wtf, atleast add some sort of input.)

I never knew what NRS' aversion was to just having super moves that cost all your meter or something and is punishable , it's a formula that works well and part of me thinks that they're just always striving to be different than other fighting games and not always in a beneficial way.

It's like they're trying to be Apple of the FGC but instead we just get I-phones that bend when you sit on them.

kevkopdx

Noob
They should do around 18%/23% damage, so at least your opponent doesn't get to kill you with it when you don't even have access to it.

Make them permanently go away on miss and wiff and make them PLUS on block. Yes, PLUS. That way people migh start using it for the plus frames and we wont have to see those fucking animations every match.
If they do that they are going to have to rebrand them as “Not really fatal blows” :p

This is not to encourage a debate. This is reserved for everyone who wants to shut their console off every time they see one of these things and loudly express their discontent.

NRS you've successful made the worst mechanic in your history of 5 games.

The neutral is shut down when characters like Geras can walk half screen and win a match he was losing the entire game.

We understand you thought you were being creative with these cinematic. They're atrocious. They're not animated well. They are game breaking. And they spit in the face of players who spend hours in the lab.

Make stricter requirements immediately.
Mad it is changed used to recharge more than once a match. If they were losing all match how you lose two rounds ?