What's new

Fastest reversal move for practice mode?

I really wish they had an option to set d1 or s1 as the reversal move in practice mode. That being said, what is the best reversal move to lab safe / unsafe moves? In mkx i think sub zero's ex slide was a good base for practicing this as it had a 6 or 7 frame startup i believe.

Thanks.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Don't quote me, but I think Raiden has a 4-frame reversal in Raijin. I'm at work so I can't confirm, but I remember Sonic Fox mentioning in his tier list vid how Raiden had a move that was fast enough to punish certain D1s on block.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Raijin Raiden discharge is indeed 4 frames, and is the fastest reversal in the game. The problem is that it requires you to activate the move, and block 3 attacks. Not something you can easily set up in practice mode for testing purposes.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
One other thing you can do if you want to practice set ups on knockdown is to experiment with Geras' wake up U2. It's the fastest wake-up in the game at 6 frames, so if you can block that after a set-up, then you can block every other wakeup in the game with it.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Aside from Discharge, Shotel Fury is 9 frames.

Edit: Baraka's Spine Burst is also 9 frames as well, but you need to be right up close to the opponent.

Another edit: Jacqui's Grease Kick is 8 frames, so...yikes.

Last edited: