What's new

False portrayal of Martian Manhunter

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
its hard to tell cause i'm on my shitty pc for now, but it looks like there are some recycled moves/animations from other characters. anyone else notice or am i crazy?
This what I post in other thread:
from 0.40 to 0.42 his animations look like those from Raven.
0.51 his grab look like superman's grab.
0.53 Green lantern 2 legs overhead.
0.54 move similar to batman's slide.
1.07 his animation when gets hit look like superman's animations.
1.14 his kick after the grab seems like green lantern's kick (after GL grab)
1.20 hit for stage transition looks like that from superman.
1.49 animation just before clash looks like that from Black Adam
1.57 animation similar to Sinestro (slightly different)
and maybe some others before 0.40 but I'm lazy to rewatch it again.
But he still looks good, I like when he extend his limbs and inflate his fist, remind me of Luffy from One Piece, hehehe :D.

NoobSaibot

PSN: JP_THUNDA
batman doesnt kill, yet he tazes people, straps explosives to their backs, and best of all hits them with the batmobile, these would easily kill several members of the cast, not to mention blowing up interactables in front of someones face. I have a bigger problem with that then i have with mmh teleporting

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
batman doesnt kill, yet he tazes people, straps explosives to their backs, and best of all hits them with the batmobile, these would easily kill several members of the cast, not to mention blowing up interactables in front of someones face. I have a bigger problem with that then i have with mmh teleporting
There is no such problem with Batman because according to the story all have superstrenght so they can take the batmobile, stand up, and walk like a boss :p.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!

Well, its in character if he is wearing the flashpoint skin I guess.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
its hard to tell cause i'm on my shitty pc for now, but it looks like there are some recycled moves/animations from other characters. anyone else notice or am i crazy?

He has a forward smash special it looks like, just like Superman and Zod.

But I'm as whoreish as character whores get, so you know I'm giving him a go.

I thought several of MM's "powers" were stretching it a bit, but I'm just so happy to have him I don't care. Just to show a weird bit of timing, the DC MM action fig came out about the beginning of July. Then this week NRS announces MM DLC. Then the Injustice comic brings MM into the story the next day. Tellin' me they didn't plan all this?

That's ok. It's MM Month! :)

BGMD

Noob
This what I post in other thread
That Green Lantern f3 into Batman slide looks more like a string to me. I think his f3 is at 1:37 (after interactable).

Only thing I'm really iffy about is Raven's pilar animation. It doesn't fit him at all.

Noob
I thnk a lot of what they used is easly explanable, might not be the most accurate of all MMh representations but its quite fair.

The "teleport from above" special to me seems like a coacting of 2 powers Density Shift and Invisibility... quite easy to explain in this scenario: he would density Shift to the ground then making himself invisible and flying to the top of the opponents head and reappearing... i know it sounds strechy but its plausible..

The "kinitic" bubbles are also a possible visual queue or representation of kinitic force being used, it wouldnt be fun at all that mental abilities that have no visual queue to be added in this game it would make no sence... so in a way this is their idea of what his telepatic powers are...

The rest seems very self explanatory to be honest... the only thing i really miss on him is a move that represents his Dragon Like form that he uses so frequently. I miss that on him...but i guess making a 2 models to shift in and out as a special move would be stressing on the system and complicated to make in terms of funds and poly count...

other than that his intro and outro are very hype and cool... his Super is nice at the end, the shapeshifting in the beginning is cute but doesnt really grab me much... love is normal pose, its very MMh like...

Also has anyone figure out what happens if you play 2 MMh in the Watchtower? will it have a 3rd MMh on the background? or like a surprice like they did with Doomsday that would be cool...

Cant wait to play him, first DLC that im actually looking forward to playing with..

Also, with his mental abilities, he could make an opponent see whatever he wants them to see. So the energy ball could be an illusion that does real damage because the victim *believes* it does damage. Same for some of the other stuff.

Noob
Also, with his mental abilities, he could make an opponent see whatever he wants them to see. So the energy ball could be an illusion that does real damage because the victim *believes* it does damage. Same for some of the other stuff.
Also a plausible possibility, indeed

Yes, at some point he had a power called Mayavana. He could use his telepathy to creat an illusory reality for another person. He did this to Despero to make him beleive that Justice League was dead, and he stopped trying to kill them.

A27Alak

Casual Fighter
The other posters have already touched on this, but I'll just add to it:

1) MMH never teleported in the video. It's a combination of invisibility, intangibility, and super speed (all of which he does have). Considering how he's capable of flying around the world within minutes, he's combat speed does appear to resemble teleportation at times.

2) Those "electric" blasts are actually psionic projectiles. He constructs them the same way other comic characters such as Psylocke create their own weapons with their minds. Specifically, I think the issue that he used this ability was "Martian Manhunter: Others Among Us".