What's new

False portrayal of Martian Manhunter

He can't teleport or shoot electric bubbles. Why did they make powers up when he has so many already they could have used?

Shapeshifting, density shifting, flight, super strength, invisibility, martian vision, telekenisis, telepathy,...... the list goes on

huh

Noob
I'm not a deep expert on DC, and I was also doubtful about this energy blast thing. Surprisingly, in several sites, MMH is told to have the power to project energy/energy blast. Perhaps it is an obscure power of his, or a well known one that I wasn't aware of, but that explains the energy bubbles, etc..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martian_Manhunter

Regarding teleport, I atribute the ground teleport actually to phasing/intangibility. He just go into the ground and comes out hitting the opponent. On the other hand, it doesn't make sense when he goes into the ground and reappears from the roof, specially if it is in an open stage, without a roof, were the phasing would not explain that... perhaps some sort of phasing + hyper speed?

I'm not a deep expert on DC, and I was also doubtful about this energy blast thing. Surprisingly, in several sites, MMH is told to have the power to project energy/energy blast. Perhaps it is an obscure power of his, or a well known one that I wasn't aware of, but that explains the energy bubbles, etc..

Regarding teleport, I atribute the ground teleport actually to phasing/intangibility. He just go into the ground and comes out hitting the opponent. On the other hand, it doesn't make sense when he goes into the ground and reappears from the roof, specially if it is in an open stage, without a roof, were the phasing would not explain that... perhaps some sort of phasing + hyper speed?

don't go to deep in trying to explain some of this stuff b/c in the end it's a game and a lot of things do not make sense in it. for example, batgirl does her super move on the watchtower...lol

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
He can't teleport or shoot electric bubbles. Why did they make powers up when he has so many already they could have used?

Shapeshifting, density shifting, flight, super strength, invisibility, martian vision, telekenisis, telepathy,...... the list goes on
Well, he uses shapeshifting in his super, but that is all :(. I think he flights and have super strenght also, he has martian vision during an air grab, he use telekinesis during a special move when he levites you and then crush you to the floor... but I get you, he doesn't look like we expected.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Quan chi and dhalsim mix, to me he looks fine. As far as bubbles and energy blasts go, he is able to shift his molecular structure so it's not a stretch to say he may be able to replicate certain attacks from alien species if its attributed to how their body distributes and projects energies.

To that note, he looks fun. I wanna mess around with his oki.

ReZo

MKX
I think he looks perfectly fine. You can attest all of his powers to his ability list in some aspect at the very least. Personally I like the way he is. If he was like ditto and shapeshifted into your opponent then he wouldn't be very special to me, he already shapeshifts during his super, giving the opponent a taste of their own medicine at a top competitive level won't really be great. Nobody likes mirror matches lol. Be happy he is DLC, Don't find something to complain about.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Sometimes I don't get it, now I knwo most here are defending the MMH, but how is it when many get the character they wanted for so long that they now have to find a negative aspect to the character to be unhappy about it. Just be glad you got MMH, though he wasn't my favorite I am glad to see more new DLC coming that well keep the game fresh a little longer, now bring on the next big 3.

Nutrient

Lex Flex

Batman can't Double jump, yet he is the only human that defies Physics

MMH can do w/e he wants
I think that DJ takes precedence to explain over anything a Prehistoric Martian can do :joker:

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

As for the teleport he phases through the floor, and the one he grabs you in he just goes invisible. He is capable projecting energy beams or balls or whatever though.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Batman can't Double jump, yet he is the only human that defies Physics

MMH can do w/e he wants
I think that takes precedence to explain over anything a Prehistoric Martian can do :joker:
I double jumped once. It was awesome.

But, really, this is a really strange thing to complain about. With a character with as many skills as MMH, they're going to get creative. This is just like Batgirl's glove tweezers (or whatever you want to call them) all over again.

So, it isn't believable to see a Martian (who can become intangible and invisible,and has super speed on pair with Superman and through his enhanced senses, telepathy, molecular control can manipulate matter, different forms of energy, even spiritual energies) to disappear from sight and fall from the sky, or leave an energy bubble....
BUT it is totally believable that a human, a woman to be precise that can only use gadgets, and cover herself with smoke bomb just falls from the sky on the rope hanging onto nothing!!!!
And I don't wanna even start about some Supers that make absolutely no sense when done at certain stages!!

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
If they stuck to his default common power set, you'd have gotten Superman with a Flash dodge. Be glad they were willing to get creative.

This character is still mad boring.

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
Ok he does not teleport he phases.
And yes the bubbles are i think either telepathic or telekinetic
So are the rocket like things he shoots from the sky :p he touches his head - which is kind of like a psychic attack :p

dribirut

BLAK FELOW

lol burn

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
The energy blasts from the sky, that come out in a downward angle, he puts his hands on the side of his head like he is using Telekenesis, so I assume that's what that is, TK bolts, mind bolts, w/e you want. Same with those pillars he hits from the ground.

Not sure what's going on with the lightning bubbles though.