What's new

Factions (who is in which?)

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Then what the hell is the point?

Let's put characters faces on the faction banners and then not have it matter who you pick! trololol

That makes no sense. But if it's true, it's true. lol
1:45

You put faces to the factions because they are the face of the faction.

They could have put something else or made each banner look different...but they decided this was best.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So basically, I could main Sonya and Raiden, while exclusively playing in the Black Dragon and Brotherhood factions?

Wow. How lame lol.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
So basically, I could main Sonya and Raiden, while exclusively playing in the Black Dragon and Brotherhood factions?

Wow. How lame lol.
Well... You can think of it that it's just short-sighted Earthrealm champions playing into the hands of Brotherhood/Dragon thanks to another Quan's ruse or Kano's skills of "doing fair" :p

FinalBoss_FGC

Wow. How lame lol.
You can only pick one. Going from one faction to the other will make the first faction lose all of your faction points and everything you worked for. The faction is YOUR faction, not the character's faction. If you feel like Black Dragon fits your personality, then pick Black Dragon.

It's kinda like being in a gang. You are a gang member, not your gun. The character is your gun.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
You can only pick one. Going from one faction to the other will make the first faction lose all of your faction points and everything you worked for. The faction is YOUR faction, not the character's faction. If you feel like Black Dragon fits your personality, then pick Black Dragon.

It's kinda like being in a gang. You are a gang member, not your gun. The character is your gun.
Eh, I see. Still think there should have been some sort of restriction. Playing as a Black Dragon Sonya or a Lin Kuei Scorpion seems kind of stupid.

But I see what you're saying though. Question though. Say I earn "10,000 points" in SF, and then switch to White Lotus and earn 2,000. Do I lose the 10,000 and now only have 2,000? Or do I have 10,000 in one faction and 2,000 in the other and can go back and forth?

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
Eh, I see. Still think there should have been some sort of restriction. Playing as a Black Dragon Sonya or a Lin Kuei Scorpion seems kind of stupid.

But I see what you're saying though. Question though. Say I earn "10,000 points" in SF, and then switch to White Lotus and earn 2,000. Do I lose the 10,000 and now only have 2,000? Or do I have 10,000 in one faction and 2,000 in the other and can go back and forth?

If I got it right from Boon's explanations, if you switch factions you'll lose all points. Dunno how about all rewards, like alt costumes, but prolly them, too.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

The last part Idk if they transfer over or not,but apparently you get something special for getting a certain amount of points in each faction.

Also a restriction on character to clan would be lame.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
If I got it right from Boon's explanations, if you switch factions you'll lose all points. Dunno how about all rewards, like alt costumes, but prolly them, too.
Maybe it loses points until you reach a goal. For example, I can't imagine getting 20,000 points, unlocking an alt costume, but then losing the costume because I switched factions and having to unlock it again. But maybe if I got to 15,000 and switched its lost? They really need to elaborate on this.

The last part Idk if they transfer over or not,but apparently you get something special for getting a certain amount of points in each faction.

Also a restriction on character to clan would be lame.
Yea I'll probably just pick one faction and ride it out until it resets. If it resets every week then each one might have individual unlocks or something.

And nah, not as lame as Special Forces Kano. :confused:

FinalBoss_FGC

You lose the 10,000 points. It's like starting fresh.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
You won't lose costumes.
I hope you're right. Should there be faction rewards like specific, faction themed alt skins, I guess people will hop from faction to faction to get all of them. If you were to lose it howerver, that would be a solid reason to stay withing faction.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
Lol, I'm already starting to plan should I stay true to Lin Kuei untill Komplete Edition appears. it's gonna have every lockable unlocked for sure, like MK9 did. :cool:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I don't quite remember his backstory, but wasn't he in SF at one point? Or was he just an "informant" for SF?
I think Kano was always a fiend. Even in the pre-MK1 stuff he had beef with SF. Only guy I can think of with some sort of switch is Kabal who was Black Dragon and then SF.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I think Kano was always a fiend. Even in the pre-MK1 stuff he had beef with SF. Only guy I can think of with some sort of switch is Kabal who was Black Dragon and then SF.
Kano was an informant that betrayed Sonya and her team, getting one of her men killed. That's why she has a vendetta against him.