What's new

Faction Wars should be based on a points per member basis

Obviously not a huge deal, but I believe it would help even up the standings. There will always be less people in special forces because it's the "lame" one and there will usually be more people in lin kuei and white lotus. Just an idea to help even out the standings.

P.S. Does anyone else hate test your might with a passion? It's literally just pointless button mashing.

yeah this is a solid idea

Outside of having the test your might challenge part way up a tower I hate it, its a good break in between climbing ur way up a tower challenge but as its own mode it pretty lame

BookBurning

Voidwards
Obviously not a huge deal, but I believe it would help even up the standings. There will always be less people in special forces because it's the "lame" one and there will usually be more people in lin kuei and white lotus. Just an idea to help even out the standings.

P.S. Does anyone else hate test your might with a passion? It's literally just pointless button mashing.
I've been rocking Special Forces since day 1. Every basic pleb wants to be 'cool.' GUESS WHAT, THERE'S NOTHING COOL ABOUT BEING 1 IN A MILLION.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I assume you're practically proposing a percentage based system, in that case I think it's a great idea.

Houndovhell

Subby-Z is my Main Man, the Man that I Main
I think its redic that they have it set for 1000 per player in faction, its literally just whoever has the most will win, easy peasy. There shouldn't be a cap on how much points you can win for your faction, and there should be atleast 5 challenges, and more points per difficulty (say 10 points for "play 5 matches as x player" but 15 points for "land a 15 hit combo with x player") Just a thought P:

That is a good idea. I hoped it would be that way before the game released/leaked.

I don't. It's good for some nostalgia if you've played MK1 and MK: Deadly Alliance in bygone days.

I'm in the same boat with Black Dragon. I've already made peace with myself that I'll never see the last Faction Kill.
As @kabelfritz said, you might see it soon, Mr. Shaker. There's one day and fifteen hours left for the faction war week by the time I type this: Currently, the Black Dragon has 23% over the 21% tie between the White Lotus and the Lin Kuei.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I was thinking this from day 1. We all saw how many fucking Lin Kuei members there were, and how little Black Dragon and S.F. had.

It's gotten a little better but still, the 1,000 cap is fucking stupid.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I'm BoS myself and still have not won :(
Fortunately I got all the krypt stuff already so not like I need the cards for money, plus I'm player level 63 so almost at 65 now for the trophy.
But still. the imbalance in faction members between them is just insane.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I'm on my 4th faction to level 50 (for the trophy). I plan on finishing it here in the next couple days, so hopefully after that, I won't give a damn what faction is winning. Going back to Lotus son.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I'm on my 4th faction to level 50 (for the trophy). I plan on finishing it here in the next couple days, so hopefully after that, I won't give a damn what faction is winning. Going back to Lotus son.
You can do 1 faction from 0 to 50 in less than 2 hours if you want to (though requires 2 controllers)
It's a bit boring but it will also unlock a ton of XP for you for your normal level.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
You can do 1 faction from 0 to 50 in less than 2 hours if you want to (though requires 2 controllers)
It's a bit boring but it will also unlock a ton of XP for you for your normal level.
I didn't know that hah, I've been playing online mostly. My profile is 60 right now so the profile XP would definitely help.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I didn't know that hah, I've been playing online mostly. My profile is 60 right now so the profile XP would definitely help.
The way I did it is go in to 2 player custom kombat.
Set the modifier to "Brutality Kombat" and just start the round with a brutality.
I used Takeda for it and just constantly did his teleport brutality.

Be sure to equip the best cards you have that give you FXP. (there is a brutality onei believe an icon which gives you like 75 or something per brutality)
all in all you should be able to get 600 FXP per match with the right cards which will increase as you rank up to 800.
So it's about ~1800 FXP per minute orso.