What's new

Breakthrough - Ermac F43 no longer jails... and I can't figure out why.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

TL;DW - F43 now has a gap that wasn't announced in the patch notes.

I don't know if this change was made in last night's hotfix or in last week's patch, only discovered it a few hours ago.

As far as I know, the cancel advantage on his B3 strings, and all of his strings for that matter haven't changed.

Discuss.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
I think it probably has to do with this from the 10/4 patch
  • Ermac - Towards+BK now has 16 startup frames (up from 12), is -25 on block (down from -22), and does 5 damage (down from 7)
They made the normal more minus so that's probably why f43 wouldn't be a true blockstring. It also looks like lift is visibly faster than the second hit of f43, one of those is definitely wrong on frame data.
Also lol "got you ya fucking punk"

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Just a comparison if it helps at all. I havent got to updating Ermac yet for the patch so still got his data:
Pre patch. Startup 12 , Active 1, Rec 39, Block -20, Hit -4, Cancel 21
Freeze frame of f4 data in your video: Startup 16, Active 5, Rec 39, Block -25, Hit 0, Cancel 24

It looks like they took blockstun off f4, making the f43 have a gap.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I think it probably has to do with this from the 10/4 patch
  • Ermac - Towards+BK now has 16 startup frames (up from 12), is -25 on block (down from -22), and does 5 damage (down from 7)
They made the normal more minus so that's probably why f43 wouldn't be a true blockstring. It also looks like lift is visibly faster than the second hit of f43, one of those is definitely wrong on frame data.
Also lol "got you ya fucking punk"
Just a comparison if it helps at all. I havent got to updating Ermac yet for the patch so still got his data:
Pre patch. Startup 12 , Active 1, Rec 39, Block -20, Hit -4, Cancel 21
Freeze frame of f4 data in your video: Startup 16, Active 5, Rec 39, Block -25, Hit 0, Cancel 24

It looks like they took blockstun off f4, making the f43 have a gap.
Hmm could be this. Still seems like an oddly specific way to go about intentionally giving it a gap though lol.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
In what way does this hurt Ermac? I'm not too familiar with him and I'm curious as to what the effect of this is on the character.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Hmm could be this. Still seems like an oddly specific way to go about intentionally giving it a gap though lol.
Im betting that its not intentional, they added like 12 more frames to the move in total and didnt make up for enough of that with the blockstun .

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
In what way does this hurt Ermac? I'm not too familiar with him and I'm curious as to what the effect of this is on the character.
It means he can't just do F43 to have a safe overhead. There's not a gap for the opponent to armour or backdash.

Frenzy

Noob
It can still jail if you space it, similar to how Sonya players did with b14. I suspect it may due to that idea about using attacks as a meaty to provide additional frame advantage that someone talked about in regards to Jason.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yeah like some have been saying, changing the block advantage of a move also changes its block cancel advantage. Before F4 had enough block cancel advantage to jail into the 3 followup but since F4 is 3 frames more minus on block now so is its block cancel advantage and so it doesn't jail into the 3 any more.