What's new

F4?

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Ive played around with this move for sometime and havnt really found a use for it until last night. This is only preliminary so blow me up if this seems like a terrible idea to you.

The properties of this move make it seem like a good tool to use as an anti pressure tool against characters like cage or sonya. A slowerish startup is the only thing keeping it from being better, but seeing as its only -6 on block(according to frame data, seems a lil slower than that but trial and error)theres not a whole lot to lose. anyway, ive been using it to catch people coming in, which works great since its +35 on hit, gives you time to create more space. Try it out a bit and let me know what your findings are

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
is that the hop kick one? lol i love that move. can't you trance off of it if you catch someone jumping?

snort

Noob
Yes this move is pointless/garbage. There are better ways to get out of pressure then this if you need to.

SLy

Noob
Ive seen someone use it while opponent was tranced. F4 stunned him and he went for a mixup opportunity but that's about it..
Im pretty sure there are better options off of trance though..

SLy

Noob
Using it as an offensive tool seems silly to me honestly. I think it was made for mixup off trance.. That's the only reason why I can think the opponent is stunned for that long off of F4..

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
didnt really mean to get out of pressure, its far too slow for that. I meant catching someone mid dash or something

best normal in the game by far.
i kid, but it really does seem ballz. I think it has a good hitbox on it, like it can whiff punish stuff from abnormally far away. but y would you wan't to use f4 over any other thing. does it have good push back on block? does it knock em down or give advantage on hit? does it have a fast whiff?

Flagg

Noob
I think F4 could have some uses, I guess you could evade a ground pound with it? It's his B33 I dont like, it's so inconsistent, you have no idea if the 2nd kick will hit or not.

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
Hmm...I'll bite. Im bored, and its 4:30 in the morning, lets talk Quan Chi

Pretty sure it does not link into any specials, been awhile since me and F4 were friendly.

That being said...does it AA? I could see some use out of that, although not too much I suppose, since D1-Trance is my GGAA atm
...would be sweet though if it was a beast AA, like...beating out a Sonya divekick (...seriously, fuck that dive kick)

I like the Knockdown into trance to stuff wake ups. If im not mistaken, the Knockdown gives time for a quick backdash into trance, which is at max distance (yay) Lose pressure and damage I suppose, but I suppose if you get bored enough to wanna change it up a bit, you "could" catch someone sleeping with that.

As for how you mentioned using it...i'll get back to ya on that one, I've been playing a lot of Quan again here lately, i'll be sure to use it.

...for realzies though, that knock down still makes me smile a bit. Someone find something with this move. :coffee:

SLy

Noob
You can get it off guaranteed if you land trance on your opponent. If you hit them with f4 while they are tranced it puts them in a stunned state just in time for another mixup or rune opportunity. That's the only way I see it being used right now.

But if you do land a F4 its an instant mixup opportunity.