What's new

Video/Tutorial - Ferra/Torr F4 applications midscreen

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Mostly me messing around in practice trying to figure out more ways to use lesser used moves.
1. A tight midscreen link, probably not even remotely practical from further ranges. But an option nonetheless.
2. Showing an easy, consistent conversion from a close f4. Showed 3 times in a row to say even a scrub like me can do it consistently.
3. A higher damage conversion off of an NJP than njp, f3, 4xxCMD Grab. Trickier, but higher damage and wall carry if u dont want to side switch with f2.

Apologies if this has already been posted.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
I think the scaling on f4 is just too much to warrant using it as a combo starter. The only time I use f4 is on accident or in b232+4 f4 run b121xxdbf1 for corner carry.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I dunno this move is more of a swag move than anything else. Slow startup and bad damage but it Looks cool kind of.

Not about f4 but why don't you go for max damage after ex low toss? I've also seen that in your matches. You could get like 4-5% more damage out of it

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
I dunno this move is more of a swag move than anything else. Slow startup and bad damage but it Looks cool kind of.

Not about f4 but why don't you go for max damage after ex low toss? I've also seen that in your matches. You could get like 4-5% more damage out of it
Because im bad and my execution is trash.

I was testing this because I think it could be a decent neutral option. 17 frame startup and 8 active frames. Could be solid to throw out. Especially since f3 is our other mid and thats 15, and 17 is still unreactable. Shame its -6, but at least thats safe. But I wanted to know options after it hits cuz if all u get off of it is its hefty frame advantage (which is enough to guarantee a png from most heights against pretty much any reversal) it may not be worth it over something like f3. Now I know that if I risk doing this in footsies, I can at least potentially land a command grab if im close enough. And I can react to whether or not it hits unlike f3 where I have to commit to a stagger or not.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Because im bad and my execution is trash.

I was testing this because I think it could be a decent neutral option. 17 frame startup and 8 active frames. Could be solid to throw out. Especially since f3 is our other mid and thats 15, and 17 is still unreactable. Shame its -6, but at least thats safe. But I wanted to know options after it hits cuz if all u get off of it is its hefty frame advantage (which is enough to guarantee a png from most heights against pretty much any reversal) it may not be worth it over something like f3. Now I know that if I risk doing this in footsies, I can at least potentially land a command grab if im close enough. And I can react to whether or not it hits unlike f3 where I have to commit to a stagger or not.
Come on man it's not that hard :p

Well I mean you could try it out in matches and see if it's worth going for. Would be interesting to Hear the results

Kamikaze_Highlander

What is optimal off of low toss? Granted I don't usually spend the bar till late in a combo. usually its starterxxPnG rc f2 f3 2f4xxEX bf2 njp, b121xxdbf1. Or its from full screen and looks like EXbf2 (njp depending on range) f2, d2, f3xxdbf1.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
I cant do any combos that involve d2, f3xxdbf1. I have trouble doing command grabs in general, like I cant do them in the neutral cuz im too slow. I have to buffer them with something else.

So I prefer consistency.

Kamikaze_Highlander

I cant do any combos that involve d2, f3xxdbf1. I have trouble doing command grabs in general, like I cant do them in the neutral cuz im too slow. I have to buffer them with something else.

So I prefer consistency.
Yea I have trouble specifically with f3xxdbf1, too far for my thumb to travel in such a short time.