What's new

F314 String question

OwtQue

PSN: iiPuREWreQMoDe
So I was having some success with it, but I ran across a guy who just poked me out anytime I did the F31 cancel. I couldn't get any pressure going. How do I keep my turn? Or condition him to block without making myself super unsafe?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So I was having some success with it, but I ran across a guy who just poked me out anytime I did the F31 cancel. I couldn't get any pressure going. How do I keep my turn? Or condition him to block without making myself super unsafe?
Finish the string.

All parts of the string are safe.

Alternatively, poke with d1 after cancel. It’s 2 frames faster so you might catch more.

OwtQue

PSN: iiPuREWreQMoDe
Finish the string.

All parts of the string are safe.

Alternatively, poke with d1 after cancel. It’s 2 frames faster so you might catch more.
Okay great I'll start finishing the string. After I finish the string, should I be doing a D1? Or blocking?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Okay great I'll start finishing the string. After I finish the string, should I be doing a D1? Or blocking?
Well you’re -6.

You be the judge. If you notice they’re poking with highs, feel free to d1. Otherwise, it’s your turn to block.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
In that case they're playing the matchup correctly, they know they can challenge you after every feint, but you can also use that to your advantage.

If you know they're going to poke, feint and then block it. F3 immediately afterwards to take your turn back. If they try to press buttons after that poke, they'll eat the kick clean (unless they're maniacs canceling pokes into special moves lol).

Now they might be expecting you to be passive with your feints and block after each one of them. That's your chance to keep your pressure going. Or they might not learn and keep pressing buttons. You'll have to feel it out.

Feints are no guaranteed looping pressure opportunities, nor are they guarantees of you losing your turn. After every feint, both you and your opponent have plenty of options, you just have to keep adding layers to that mindgame while also avoiding being predictable all the time.

Jacqui is fun.

In that case they're playing the matchup correctly, they know they can challenge you after every feint, but you can also use that to your advantage.

If you know they're going to poke, feint and then block it. F3 immediately afterwards to take your turn back. If they try to press buttons after that poke, they'll eat the kick clean (unless they're maniacs canceling pokes into special moves lol).

Now they might be expecting you to be passive with your feints and block after each one of them. That's your chance to keep your pressure going. Or they might not learn and keep pressing buttons. You'll have to feel it out.

Feints are no guaranteed looping pressure opportunities, nor are they guarantees of you losing your turn. After every feint, both you and your opponent have plenty of options, you just have to keep adding layers to that mindgame while also avoiding being predictable all the time.

Jacqui is fun.
very well written, she is so much fun.
similar to liu kang except her stance cancel is 1000000x easier.
I just picked her up today and she is a blast. Hard to get in but once you got the pressure going, I can smell the fear of people who don't know when to hit buttons