What's new

Tech F2D option select?

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Again I did a little look-see(didnt look hard, not guna lie)for this tech but found nothing so ignore this if it was found in may.

Now I did not come up with this myself, a friend on reddit(Wetdoba)mentioned using this and I immediately thought it was brilliant tech that needed to be explored by banes. Apparently because you can hold f2 and decide weather or not you want to input the d to make it the overhead or not you can option select on cross ups and it will auto correct if they do cross you up. This would really only be relevant at level 3 when bane gets armor on his f2d normal, but with this bane could effectively option select to beat any cross AND go into super for a big punish(59%)or body press for positioning.

I haven't tested this, but if it works then banes options in the Joker, BA, Batman, Superman(really anyone with an airdash that can be abused to bait venom upper and cross up)MU has greatly improved. Someone should test this for me as I wont be able to for a bit.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I haven't tested this, but if it works then banes options in the Joker, BA, Batman, Superman(really anyone with an airdash that can be abused to bait venom upper and cross up)MU has greatly improved. Someone should test this for me as I wont be able to for a bit.
It works and I think big_aug(?) Said something about it at some point in the council or something. I tested it and it kinda works, but the window for f.2 to cancel into d. isn't long enough to consistently hit people out of the air without risking a f.2 coming out.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
It works and I think big_aug(?) Said something about it at some point in the council or something. I tested it and it kinda works, but the window for f.2 to cancel into d. isn't long enough to consistently hit people out of the air without risking a f.2 coming out.
The f2 is not an ideal punish, but if that autocorrects as well then we still have an armored hit stoping the jump in attempt. I also believe a charge immediately after a f2 must be blocked so we get immediate pressure from the failed input set-up and a big punish if we get the correct input. Right now I dont use f2d at all really, but if this is something I can get consistently(even if the f2 comes out on accident sometimes)it would greatly increase my danger in level three venom. Instead of uppercutting, I have guaranteed safety and a possible 59% punish for all cross up attempts

Error

DF2+R2
I mentioned that it auto-corrected vs Zatanna's teleport behind a few days ago.

Doing anything where you might get an f2 is setting yourself up for failure. You have to be extremely precise just to make sure you're getting f2d's when you want them. Playing around with delays and such is asking for your ass to get full comboed.