What's new

Question - Predator F212 - Hitbox issues?

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I am not sure if this has been discussed. However, I think F212 is crucial to Predators corner game (noone is using it though :p). So this threads MUST be started:

Let's talk about Pred's corner game! Predator can do F212~low plasma. If the whole string connects, then the low plasma will also hit. However if the opponent is blocking the F21-part and is THEN getting caught by the overhead 2, the low plasma will just whiff. There is no way to continue the combo...

This seems weird; at least to me... Is this intentional or is it a bug? Are there more special moves that whiff, if they are linked after an overhead?

(This is extremly bitter as you can get up to 46% if the whole F212-string connects. More than with any other string fwik... )

One problem with using F212 too much is there's a significant gap between the final hit of the string and low laser. (Even more so if you use straight laser) Same with F21 low laser.

I usually mix up with F2 stagger, F21 low laser, F212 low laser, F212 ex straight laser, and laser cancels off each.

I use the string alot. Nobody sees it because I'm not able to compete offline lol

Xx-TGODPRINCE-Xx

New Patch!!!
One problem with using F212 too much is there's a significant gap between the final hit of the string and low laser. (Even more so if you use straight laser) Same with F21 low laser.

I usually mix up with F2 stagger, F21 low laser, F212 low laser, F212 ex straight laser, and laser cancels off each.

I use the string alot. Nobody sees it because I'm not able to compete offline lol
You helped me incorporate this into my game play a while back. Plus the armor breaking setups

Xx-TGODPRINCE-Xx

New Patch!!!
I am not sure if this has been discussed. However, I think F212 is crucial to Predators corner game (noone is using it though :p). So this threads MUST be started:

Let's talk about Pred's corner game! Predator can do F212~low plasma. If the whole string connects, then the low plasma will also hit. However if the opponent is blocking the F21-part and is THEN getting caught by the overhead 2, the low plasma will just whiff. There is no way to continue the combo...

This seems weird; at least to me... Is this intentional or is it a bug? Are there more special moves that whiff, if they are linked after an overhead?

(This is extremly bitter as you can get up to 46% if the whole F212-string connects. More than with any other string fwik... )
It may be really unsafe to just do F212 in the corner and end it there but if you nitice it is hitting then do not do the low lazer at end. I have a 36% no meter if it hit comfirms...... F212 wait a sec....... 4 close low lazer....... then 32 1+3 or end 32 smart disc

jokey77

Character Loyalist
It may be really unsafe to just do F212 in the corner and end it there but if you nitice it is hitting then do not do the low lazer at end. I have a 36% no meter if it hit comfirms...... F212 wait a sec....... 4 close low lazer....... then 32 1+3 or end 32 smart disc
I hope I understand you correctly. If so, 36% meterless is pretty decent. I guess, another 3~low Plasma can't be added? Else the raw sheme of the Corner Combos would be similar to the ones already known.

I already use three totally different corner-combos (F212, 122 and b311/32-starters). I doubt that I can incorporate another few... Then again I gotta learn some new combos now anyway... :)

jokey77

Character Loyalist

Damn, just accidentally delted my last post. I recap:

F212 is my favorite tool after a hard knockdown&disc setup. It offers a 50/50 that can be combined with the latest lowplasma-combos.
1) F212-lowplasma, b22-ex scimitar, 4-scimitar (3rd hit overhead)
2) F21-ex groundplasma, run, 2+lowplasma (mid), b22-scimitar (3rd hit low)

I even tried F21-plasmacancel, b3 (3rd hit low), but offline people keep reacting to it.