What's new

Tech - Smoke F21 ~ Phase Gimmick?

Noob
F21 ~ half second delay into phase...you can avoid all pokes and most armour in the game without spending a bar...I believe since I didn't test the whole cast.

Reason I say its a gimmick is because phase towards can be full combo punished if your opponent makes the read, but the window is tight.

Phase away is safe against most reversals and all pokes as well. You just time it like you would do with phase towards.

Idk if im late to this gimmick or not but I just found out about it today lol. I always new regular phase had invincibility like on the first frame (I think? Because I use it to go through projectiles lol). Never new you could do this with F21 though. I think its because of the block stun.

Works with phase away as well, but phase away doesn't avoid all reversals. So if you think your opponent is going to make a read on towards phase (delay punish) you can phase away and punish.

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
its not a gimmick because there is a shitload of mixes off f21 that string is all about conditioning. I think you can do anything you want with that string if you using it right

Noob
its not a gimmick because there is a shitload of mixes off f21 that string is all about conditioning. I think you can do anything you want with that string if you using it right
"think you can do anything you want with that"

Don't say that, you might summon Lord Paulo. And you know what happens when Lord Paulo comes to town...right?

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
"think you can do anything you want with that"

Don't say that, you might summon Lord Paulo. And you know what happens when Lord Paulo comes to town...right?
you lock ur windows and hide your mains in the cellar

i actually spoke on F21 in a bit about option selects with Smoke at the end of my midscreen advantage video that I cut off, ill upload it and post it later, its probably the best follow up after EX Smokebomb on block

omooba

fear the moobs
i'm curious as to how many moves there are where you can delay the point where you special cancel them

Parasurama

Dragon
F21 ~ half second delay into phase...you can avoid all pokes and most armour in the game without spending a bar...I believe since I didn't test the whole cast.

Reason I say its a gimmick is because phase towards can be full combo punished if your opponent makes the read, but the window is tight.

Phase away is safe against most reversals and all pokes as well. You just time it like you would do with phase towards.

Idk if im late to this gimmick or not but I just found out about it today lol. I always new regular phase had invincibility like on the first frame (I think? Because I use it to go through projectiles lol). Never new you could do this with F21 though. I think its because of the block stun.

Works with phase away as well, but phase away doesn't avoid all reversals. So if you think your opponent is going to make a read on towards phase (delay punish) you can phase away and punish.

It looks cool