What's new

F2, S1 and S2 whiff when opponent is crouch blocking... is this ok?

Is this something normal for the rest of the roster? I tested a couple of characters, and usually high attacks get blocked when crouch blocking. This is especially problematic with F2. I was wondering how the f*** everybody reacts so fast to that since I was whiffing all the time, well it turns out that crouch blocking is enough to make that move unsafe as hell.

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
Frost has some weird stuff going on with her. While in the process of making a “punishment” guide for Kitana, I found that Frost’s b32d1 string can be ducked after blocking the b3 — which is doubly weird because b32 is a mid. I don’t know if this is a Kitana thing or if everyone can, but specifically Kitana can d2 Frost right out of it or even b142 for a krushing blow. The only time I wasn’t able to duck b32 was if I was in the corner.

Sorry-not-sorry, Frost mains. ;)

Xzyj

Noob
b121 has whiff issues on last hit i believe as well, it's a mid but it whiffs over crouching opps

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Inb4 working as intended.

Frost would probably be my secondary if not for so many issues like this. I stay away from her because of that.

b121 has whiff issues on last hit i believe as well, it's a mid but it whiffs over crouching opps
Honestly I dont even use this string... 16 startup vs 19 from b22, which is a lot easier to hit confirm.

Well, it looks like things are worse than in imagined. This char not only not viable from competitive, she looks just broken (in the bad way) in so many areas...

Xzyj

Noob
Honestly I dont even use this string... 16 startup vs 19 from b22, which is a lot easier to hit confirm.

Well, it looks like things are worse than in imagined. This char not only not viable from competitive, she looks just broken (in the bad way) in so many areas...
the full string would be very useful if it wouldn't whiff imo, i tried practicing perfect blocking it but it's super hard, string doesn't have big gaps and leaves you at very good distance for frost at -2, so it's like resetting neutral from 16 frame mid, which is solid imo

F2 whiffing is good with me. But as
1 b121 b32 need to fix.

If F2 changes a lot of stuff would have to change i think.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
The amplified hit of Arctic Barrage can miss too if the spacing/combo is just right.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Umm yes thats ok. Everybody's S1, S2 are highs. It's always been like that to my knowledge.
As for F2, it is a fast moving, long range move that closes distance quickly and that's neutral on block. It is basically like MKX CSZ F2. Considering all it's positives, if it hit mid instead of high, it would have to be balanced out by being punishable and considering how useful it is, getting punished for this move would make closing the distance on a zoner MUCH HARDER.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Umm yes thats ok. Everybody's S1, S2 are highs. It's always been like that to my knowledge.
As for F2, it is a fast moving, long range move that closes distance quickly and that's neutral on block. It is basically like MKX CSZ F2. Considering all it's positives, if it hit mid instead of high, it would have to be balanced out by being punishable and considering how useful it is, getting punished for this move would make closing the distance on a zoner MUCH HARDER.
Basically Mileena’s b1 before patch?

mrapchem

Noob
Is this something normal for the rest of the roster? I tested a couple of characters, and usually high attacks get blocked when crouch blocking. This is especially problematic with F2. I was wondering how the f*** everybody reacts so fast to that since I was whiffing all the time, well it turns out that crouch blocking is enough to make that move unsafe as hell.
Normals are not supposed to whiff on crouch block at all, even if they are high. They would obviously whiff on crouch, but not on crouch block. It appears as though you discovered some hitbox issues.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Oh shit I just properly read the title, crouch blocking opponents whould still get hit....wtf. Ignore my previous post. Now im all fucked up lol

Normals are not supposed to whiff on crouch block at all, even if they are high. They would obviously whiff on crouch, but not on crouch block. It appears as though you discovered some hitbox issues.
I'm find with it as you don't get krushing blower lol.

And what other high moves that travels that far is 0 on block?

mrapchem

Noob
I'm find with it as you don't get krushing blower lol.

And what other high moves that travels that far is 0 on block?
I see what you're saying, but the issue is the normal becomes dangerous for the attacker to even use if the opponent can not only neutral duck it, but also low block it and completely avoid it too.

High-hitting normal/special moves are normally avoided simply by ducking, which is fine. However, the OP is talking about a high normal that the opponent can low-block underneath as well, which is almost certainly a hitbox issue. I'm certain that the normal that the OP is talking about isn't avoided by everyone in the game by low-blocking; it's probably character-specific, which is even more troubling than if it whiffed on everyone.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
The thing is, how can we make NRS aware of these issues....Watch the next patch come and Frost doesnt get anything ....

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I remember 16 bit saying they don't consider it a requirement that all highs hit crouch blocking opponents, and you'll notice other characters can experience this as well, though that's generally the case that highs hit crouching opponents. So don't hold our breath over this one. That said, I would very much prefer the moves to hit crouch blocking opponents, particularly S2, though I don't think she needs her F2 to. That's a very good normal regardless.

Her S1 is stubby but it also has whiffing issues such as it being possible to completely whiffing point blank after a jump in attack. Not even talking a deep jump in where you are outranged, like it can whiff at point blank. That's clearly not intended and should be fixed. It wold be nice for the move to be a little more generous hitbox wise in general.

Her S3 just seems unfinished. It's very awkward, the animation is among the worst NRS has to offer and the hurtbox inconsistently lands at different ranges which greatly affects how useful the move and 344 string are.

Arctic Barrage also has rare whiffing issues where the amplified hit will miss.

Xzyj

Noob
S3 seems hella gimped but it's an amazing tool due to 2 good stagger windows, from S3 itself and 344, so i can kinda understand it being so hard to implement but damn boy can we get some love