What's new

Tech F2 airgrab trap

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
If your opponent is close to a breaker or when you don't have meter to do big damage, most Cyrax players like myself like to go for command grab mixup after connecting with a net ( 21 command grab or something similar). However this is not such a good idea bc your opponent can hold jump or even mash jab during your combo to get out of the situation leaving you with having taken no damage and no meter. This works bc Cyrax's strings are 0 on hit.

So looking at Cyrax's frame data I found that f2 has a +40 hit cancel advantage. So instead of doing 12, 21, 2 into comand grab I decided to try f2 airgrab. This leaves cyrax at +9 advantage and completely jails the opponent. They cannot duck or jump or even armor out of the followup 12 if done properly. therefore they are put in a true 50/50 situation, either block a 12 string or eat a command grab. Here is a video showcasing some aspects of this. Quality is bad sorry :(.

Let me know what you guys think of this.
Krayzie Maxter kanechump J360 TONY-T

Seapeople

This one's for you
I normally just do d4 since it's +16. f2~bomb is only -1 on hit though...that can be a pretty cool shenanigan

NariTuba

disMember
never found this to be worth it honestly.

You can put them in the same situation but take around 30% meterless before it with a vortex combo.

CYracks

Command Grabber
As a Cryax player, F+2 is something you should do sparingly. It's not a bad attack it hits mid, but it's also a bit slow.

NariTuba

disMember
Vortex Combo?
you end the combo with a second net. If you do it properly the second net will hit them as they are about to touch the ground, this makes the net dissolve slower. They are left standing giving you +11. Here's one Mustard put up a while back:

2,1~net, njp, b2, ff~21, ff~3~net (roughly 32%)

The community guide has a lot of vortex combos for different situations by Tony-T

Seapeople

This one's for you
Yeah I like to always go for a full damage combo when I can, but I just use d4 for those times when I trade with a projectile and cant get in fast enough

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
If your opponent is close to a breaker or when you don't have meter to do big damage, most Cyrax players like myself like to go for command grab mixup after connecting with a net ( 21 command grab or something similar). However this is not such a good idea bc your opponent can hold jump or even mash jab during your combo to get out of the situation leaving you with having taken no damage and no meter. This works bc Cyrax's strings are 0 on hit.
If I notice they usually try to jump or mash out after a string on hit, I will just another string it almost always gets them. For example 21 net, JIP 21. Than they try to mash or jump out but I will just hit them with 21 net

Seapeople

This one's for you
which trades are these? cant you teleport and full combo?
Its all situational, depending on the projectile and the timing that I trade with it. Reptile's forceballs are probably a good example.
I suppose you could also go for 121~ragdoll if you don't have enough time to full combo, but I'd rather just d4 into more pressure.

NariTuba

disMember
Its all situational, depending on the projectile and the timing that I trade with it. Reptile's forceballs are probably a good example.
I suppose you could also go for 121~ragdoll if you don't have enough time to full combo, but I'd rather just d4 into more pressure.
We need a breakdown of all projectiles vs net. We all kinda go by the "Cyrax wins all trades" rule but matchup specific info to maximize damage has never been fully tested to my knowledge. Ill give this a test when I get a chance.