What's new

F12 F12 Combo Question

So recently I decided to pick up jacqui after having a lot of fun with her movesets but I have trouble executing the kicks amplified into f12 f12 clinch.

I can easily do it with just 1 f12 but I'm wondering if you guys have any tips for consistently doing the f12 f12.

From what I can tell you want to dash right after the last kick hits but how soon are you cancelling the dash to hit this consistently? Another issue I have is if you do the 2nd f12 too fast only a 2 will come out. I know I just need to practice it more but if anybody got some tips I would appreciate it.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
So recently I decided to pick up jacqui after having a lot of fun with her movesets but I have trouble executing the kicks amplified into f12 f12 clinch.

I can easily do it with just 1 f12 but I'm wondering if you guys have any tips for consistently doing the f12 f12.

From what I can tell you want to dash right after the last kick hits but how soon are you cancelling the dash to hit this consistently? Another issue I have is if you do the 2nd f12 too fast only a 2 will come out. I know I just need to practice it more but if anybody got some tips I would appreciate it.
I do a full (or nearly full) dash immediately after the db4amp, then cancel right at the end of the dash into f12. Then test exactly how soon afterwards you can press f12 again. The 1st f12 rebounces them higher than you think, and you can connect the 2nd lower than you think. It’s more about the distance travelled (to a certain extent oc)

Small tip for the second f12. Watch the opponents body after the first f12, when it's about to hit the ground, that's when you go for the second f12.

Same thing applies for the corner combo (kicks, 44 up shotgun, f12 clinch). You go for the f12 when your enemy body is just about to land.
thanks, ill try that! been having issues landing the f12 on that also

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I've been just forgoing the second f12 altogether online because i've been full of dropsies lately, am going to try this all out later 2 <3

I've been just forgoing the second f12 altogether online because i've been full of dropsies lately, am going to try this all out later 2 <3
ive been trying the tips from here and it really has helped.

previously i was cancelling the dash way too early and that made the 2nd f12 much harder to hit, also knowing how long it can hit and still work is making me panic press it less.

Overall just need to practice getting the dash out really fast after the kicks to maximize distance I think is the most important part of the string. If you hit f12 too low or too far the 2nd one is impossible to land since delay between attacks

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Overall just need to practice getting the dash out really fast after the kicks to maximize distance I think is the most important part of the string. If you hit f12 too low or too far the 2nd one is impossible to land since delay between attacks
Pretty sure you can buffer the dash – ie input it towards the end of the kicks animation and it’ll come out on the first available frame – either that or my execution is op.

xKMMx

Banned
Pretty sure you can buffer the dash – ie input it towards the end of the kicks animation and it’ll come out on the first available frame – either that or my execution is op.
[/QUOTE
Like this person mentioned you can buffer the dash and ive found it easier to just hold forward the whole time until after you input the second F12. The input system doesn't require you to let go of forward to get a second F!@ to come out.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
It’s probably already been said but I personally realized when you’re 99% sure they’re going to hit the ground after that first f12 is actually the best time to do the second one. Weird properties there that always seem to work. It’s if they’re too far from not canceling out of the dash that will get you. That’s why I make sure to hold forward and take a tiny step before the second f12.

If I don’t cancel the short dash right the first time and I already know they’re too far the I’ll just settle for one so I make sure I don’t drop the combo.

layer

i'm a song from the sixties
Yeah the f12 carry is so funky. You pretty much have to wait way longer than you think you should to land that second one. NRS games amirite?

Nowadays though if I play online I just do f32 after the amp Kick for an easier time. Because I tend to drop it with the slightest lag.

Yeah the f12 carry is so funky. You pretty much have to wait way longer than you think you should to land that second one. NRS games amirite?

Nowadays though if I play online I just do f32 after the amp Kick for an easier time. Because I tend to drop it with the slightest lag.
im assuming you meant f31 but yeah I tried it and while it only does 28% compared to 32% f12 f12, it is easy to land is 100% of the time since f31 doesnt pop them up like f12 the clinch never misses.

Appreciate it!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

Yeah, I usually use f22, f12 for that same reason.

For me, I just have to make sure not to hit the F12 too quickly after the first one. As other people said, wait until they are low to the ground for the last set.

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax
I main Cyrax in MKX, and Ibuki in SF5. I'm not new to doing tough combos. That being said, I can not for the life of me get this combo consistently online. I go into practice mode, boom, perfect every time. I'd blame it on nerves if I wasn't at over 300 matches with her. I find myself just doing one F12 to be safe. Just curious if anyone else has problems only landing it online.