What's new

F Champ Receives Lifetime Ban, Racism in the FGC/USA, and Other Prevalent Social Discussions

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I read the linked convo and it's seems like he's lacking social skills.

It's in the tweet after this one.
Mike Z made the "he cannot breathe" comment publicly on stream in front of thousand of spectators. Was this conversation with Bunny private? If so, why is she involving the internet? If she perceived Mike Z's advances to be harassment, she could contact Twitter or authorities.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Mike Z made the "he cannot breathe" comment publicly on stream in front of thousand of spectators. Was this conversation with Bunny private? If so, why is she involving the internet? If she perceived Mike Z's advances to be harassment, she could contact Twitter or authorities.
She said as much in her followup tweet a few minutes ago. So hopefully this won't get out of hand.

But if there are examples from other people that come to light and are much worse, then it could be a bad situation for him.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Any comments on this recent development with Mike Z?

Read the DMs, and it seems like he just doesn't know how to talk to people. He said nothing threatening or hateful, he just came off as weird and creepy which isn't a crime; additionally, she could leave the conversation at any time. He wasn't stalking or harassing her. Also, considering she instigated the conversation with the topic of yuri bondage, she shouldn't be surprised if the conversation took any number of strange sexual routes. Don't know or care for Mike Z, but this is nothing. If anything, Bunny Ayumi comes off as incredibly deceitful and manipulative for putting something like this out for the public knowing that it can harm someone's reputation and job/career.

Honestly, the age of the twitter judicial system is just insane. No longer is there a need to bring evidence to a court of law to implicate someone in a crime. Now, you can just bring your claim to twitter, and if the mob agrees with you, that person can get ruined. Doesn't affect me at all, but it will be interesting to see just how far things can be taken like this.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Read the DMs, and it seems like he just doesn't know how to talk to people. He said nothing threatening or hateful, he just came off as weird and creepy which isn't a crime; additionally, she could leave the conversation at any time. He wasn't stalking or harassing her. Also, considering she instigated the conversation with the topic of yuri bondage, she shouldn't be surprised if the conversation took any number of strange sexual routes. Don't know or care for Mike Z, but this is nothing. If anything, Bunny Ayumi comes off as incredibly deceitful and manipulative for putting something like this out for the public knowing that it can harm someone's reputation and job/career.

Honestly, the age of the twitter judicial system is just insane. No longer is there a need to bring evidence to a court of law to implicate someone in a crime. Now, you can just bring your claim to twitter, and if the mob agrees with you, that person can get ruined. Doesn't affect me at all, but it will be interesting to see just how far things can be taken like this.
Hm, I had no idea that she initiated the conversation about bondage. I agree that she seems like an opportunist. Not to excuse Mike Z's sexual advances, but I was browsing Bunny's Twitter account. She posts highly provocative pictures of herself and asks subscribers to make comments. The pictures are even marked as "potentially sensitive content" for me.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Hm, I had no idea that she initiated the conversation about bondage. I agree that she seems like an opportunist. Not to excuse Mike Z's sexual advances, but I was browsing Bunny's Twitter account. She posts highly provocative pictures of herself and asks subscribers to make comments.
Did you read the conversation? Seems like it would be prudent to do that first.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Did you read the conversation? Seems like it would be prudent to do that first.
I did.

Please correct me if I am wrong. The conversation was private between two consenting adults. Bunny contacted Mike Z first in order to discuss a topic that is sexually explicit. He made sexual advances that she disliked. She then published the private conversation on Twitter in order to shame Mike Z and the fighting game community. I conclude that she is an attention seeker who is playing the victim card in order to acquire more subscribers.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
I did.

Please correct me if I am wrong. The conversation was private between two consenting adults. Bunny contacted Mike Z first in order to discuss a topic that is sexually explicit. He made sexual advances that she disliked. She then published the private conversation on Twitter in order to shame Mike Z and the fighting game community. I conclude that she is an attention seeker who is playing the victim card in order to acquire more subscribers.
Yep that's what I got out of it

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I did.

Gratitude over character design is a FAR cry from a sexually explicit conversation topic.

I read the DM's. She literally just thanked him for being inclusive specifically to BDSM yuri, and it went from normal to creepy in a matter of a couple of messages. It's wrong regardless of whatever extra attention Bunny has to gain from it. Also, you would think someone who's already been under the public microscope for so long for his sketchy-to-insane behavior would be more careful not to, I don't know, make shit painfully uncomfortable with women of ANY sort, let alone well-known internet personas who could turn around on a dime and do precisely this. You can't walk into the fire and proceed to get mad when you get burned, and there's no justification for making shit sexually awkward no matter who it is you're talking to.

I don't care about Bunny's channel or her views; I care about the other unknowns in similar positions who are affected by scary fucks like this guy every day, who need to see that their shit need not be taken. My daughter is 11 and watches far more Twitch than I do, and if she grew up to be a streamer or anything of the sort, I'd much rather she'd able to do so in an environment where the Mike Z's and FChamps and Jaxels are afraid enough of accountability to leave people well enough alone as far as advancing unwantedly or being a bigoted shitheel is concerned. It's fucking gross. You could straight up tell me Bunny laid a trap to out him as being sketchy as fuck (which she didn't); he chose to walk into it. I've maintained throughout this thread that if someone doesn't want to get blown up, they shouldn't do sketchy shit in the first place.
And no one should have any illusion that anything they put out into cyberspace can't come back to bite them in the ass. It's 2020. Nothing any of us says or does online has been entirely secret for a really long time, which makes me think that much like the watermelon memes, he just didn't give a fuck about what he was saying.

On a side note, I dated a woman for a long time who's a devoted BDSM practitioner, and she told me one of the biggest reasons she'd NEVER bring the subject up to anyone not already in the loop is because people tend to see it as an instant open door of sexual interest in that person, rather than just trying to have a conversation about something important to them with someone they feel might understand. So, for anyone looking to make the "well, she started it with the hentai talk, she had it coming" argument and victim-blaming, you're out of your depth.

Imagine how many people there are for every one Bunny who are too afraid to say anything about how they've been treated. And because I know people are just going to dump on her anyway, let me end by saying that even IF she turned out at the end of the day to be evil as fuck, it wouldn't change ANYTHING about the merit of her argument or the fact that Mike Z is once again sketchy spaghetti in a boiling pot.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I did.

I didn’t see it as him making advances — I did see it as him being socially awkward, not knowing how to express his thoughts/curiosity in a very eloquent manner, and treading on sensitive territory while trying to figure it out.

And I think that she responded emotionally with heightened sensitivity, and then reconsidered the severity after reading through the reactions to what she did.

But that’s my take. Just a mess of a situation all the way around. And apparently there are various other reports not painting hm in favorable light.

Probably not even worth discussing it here, as these things tend to go into a disturbing/immature direction.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Gratitude over character design is a FAR cry from a sexually explicit conversation topic.

I read the DM's. She literally just thanked him for being inclusive specifically to BDSM yuri, and it went from normal to creepy in a matter of a couple of messages. It's wrong regardless of whatever extra attention Bunny has to gain from it. Also, you would think someone who's already been under the public microscope for so long for his sketchy-to-insane behavior would be more careful not to, I don't know, make shit painfully uncomfortable with women of ANY sort, let alone well-known internet personas who could turn around on a dime and do precisely this. You can't walk into the fire and proceed to get mad when you get burned, and there's no justification for making shit sexually awkward no matter who it is you're talking to.

I don't care about Bunny's channel or her views; I care about the other unknowns in similar positions who are affected by scary fucks like this guy every day, who need to see that their shit need not be taken. My daughter is 11 and watches far more Twitch than I do, and if she grew up to be a streamer or anything of the sort, I'd much rather she'd able to do so in an environment where the Mike Z's and FChamps and Jaxels are afraid enough of accountability to leave people well enough alone as far as advancing unwantedly or being a bigoted shitheel is concerned. It's fucking gross. You could straight up tell me Bunny laid a trap to out him as being sketchy as fuck (which she didn't); he chose to walk into it. I've maintained throughout this thread that if someone doesn't want to get blown up, they shouldn't do sketchy shit in the first place.
And no one should have any illusion that anything they put out into cyberspace can't come back to bite them in the ass. It's 2020. Nothing any of us says or does online has been entirely secret for a really long time, which makes me think that much like the watermelon memes, he just didn't give a fuck about what he was saying.

On a side note, I dated a woman for a long time who's a devoted BDSM practitioner, and she told me one of the biggest reasons she'd NEVER bring the subject up to anyone not already in the loop is because people tend to see it as an instant open door of sexual interest in that person, rather than just trying to have a conversation about something important to them with someone they feel might understand. So, for anyone looking to make the "well, she started it with the hentai talk, she had it coming" argument and victim-blaming, you're out of your depth.

Imagine how many people there are for every one Bunny who are too afraid to say anything about how they've been treated. And because I know people are just going to dump on her anyway, let me end by saying that even IF she turned out at the end of the day to be evil as fuck, it wouldn't change ANYTHING about the merit of her argument or the fact that Mike Z is once again sketchy spaghetti in a boiling pot.
In other words, men are presumed guilty until proven innocent. If a man perceives an interaction as one of interest by the woman and acts accordingly, he is at fault. Even if the woman is "evil" and she "lays the trap" to use your words, he deserves the repercussions because other men are pigs. Not only are these arguments extremely unfair, they make no sense whatsoever.

I didn’t see it as him making advances — I did see it as him being socially awkward, not knowing how to express his thoughts/curiosity in a very eloquent manner, and treading on sensitive territory while trying to figure it out.

And I think that she responded emotionally with heightened sensitivity, and then reconsidered the severity after reading through the reactions to what she did.

But that’s my take. Just a mess of a situation all the way around. And apparently there are various other reports not painting hm in favorable light.

Probably not even worth discussing it here, as these things tend to go into a disturbing/immature direction.
Good explanation. Point taken.

I merely introduced the discussion because other social issues within the fighting community have been debated in this thread too.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
In other words, men are presumed guilty until proven innocent. If a man perceives an interaction as one of interest by the woman and acts accordingly, he is at fault. Even if the woman is "evil" and she "lays the trap" to use your words, he deserves the repercussions because other men are pigs. Not only are these arguments extremely unfair, they make no sense whatsoever.
I'm not talking about all men. This isnt a giant generalization. I'm talking specifically about Mike Z and this particular situation. And my point is that regardless of her intentions in blowing this up, he did precisely the thing she said he did, which is take a simple show of gratitude and turn it into something painfully uncomfortable, the evidence is right there in the messages, and whatever intentions she had or has bringing this to light does absolutely nothing to change that. He has had his platform and place in the FGC for long enough to have taken the responsibility needed not to keep doing the weird and questionable shit he's become notorious for doing; he hasn't. So, here we are again.

So how exactly am I not making sense to you?

Last edited:

kevkopdx

Noob
I don’t get it, do they have any sort of working relationship? If they don’t, I don’t understand what the issue is. Was this the first instance? Is it repeated behavior? There doesn’t seem to be sufficient info to make any case out of this.
I don’t know anything about either of these people, tho.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
It's embarrassing for Mike, and pretty cringe, but I don't see the ill intent.

The problem with this though is that this is how things can usually start and then progress onto something worse, under the guise of 'misunderstanding'.

Mike needs to know that he should probably be better regarding this kind of stuff, considering the position he's in.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
BLM supportgroups where upset on twitter because a music group that makes songs for children dressed like egyptian ppl. Like seriously lol.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Cancel culture just means that people face consequences for their shitty actions. You know, something you're taught as a child.

Everybody who opposes it doesn't seem to understand this and just wants people to get away unscathed from shitty behaviour.

I also love how the people who cry about cancel culture, never cry about the injustices that lead to said cancellation. I imagine that the people crying about cancel culture would overlap with people with shitty beliefs on a Venn diagram.

666 I HazeOner

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Perhaps because colored peoples' cultural identities have no business being reduced to white people's costumes??
Lol, you know that Ancient Egyptian culture mostly vanished before the birth of Christ right? So who's cultural identity are you talking about?

And one more time, cancel culture is pure cancer. Instead of having a decent conversation you try to erase people, just like fascists did.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
And one more time, crybabies don't like there being consequences for shitty actions. People must have had poor parenting, because every decent human being I know gets taught about consequences as a child.

It's telling though, that some peoples only contributions in the thread have been to shit on cancel culture but not once speak up about any injustice.

Stay salty.