What's new

F Champ Receives Lifetime Ban, Racism in the FGC/USA, and Other Prevalent Social Discussions

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The fact that that man still gets work absolutely blows my mind. Controversy sells, I guess.
He was one of the only ones who apologized right away, didn’t make excuses at all, owned up to everything, and said he was working on himself to be a better person.

His apology seemed extremely sincere and he wasn’t trying to cover things up, hide, or attack his accusers.

Imo it’s a good example of what the movement is supposed to be for, which isn’t just to banish people forever for being sleazy (unless they’re truly, truly horrible), but moreso to make everyone more aware and provide a safer, more empathetic environment for all.

So I think that the way Louis handled it is the reason why he was able to come back and revamp his image.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
He was one of the only ones who apologized right away, didn’t make excuses at all, owned up to everything, and said he was working on himself to be a better person.

His apology seemed extremely sincere and he wasn’t trying to cover things up, hide, or attack his accusers.

Imo it’s a good example of what the movement is supposed to be for, which isn’t just to banish people forever for being sleazy (unless they’re truly, truly horrible), but moreso to make everyone more aware and provide a safer, more empathetic environment for all.

So I think that the way Louis handled it it the reason why he was able to come back and revamp his image.
That's totally fair. And good for him for making the effort and setting an example. That's the shit that I like.
THAT'S what you do when you screw up like that, rather than cursing out UltraDavid and crying victim and conspiracy on Chris G's stream.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist

So I think that the way Louis handled it is the reason why he was able to come back and revamp his image.
"Everything will be fine as long as you say you're a disgusting person and admit I was right all along."

Truly a movement so humble it's inspiring... and what's funny is that I believe even that to be a rare occurrence.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
If Cancel Culture was real Louis CK wouldn’t have a career anymore for multiple sexual assaults & harassment cases
Because most people don't consider what he did to be sexual assault, as it wasn't remotely as sinister as what gets typically people charged for sexual assault. A charge that appropriately carries heavy jail time.

This is another issue of cancel culture, that you would just lump Louis CK in there with violent rapists.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Still waiting to hear from ANYONE how the left is on the same level as the right in matters of racism, sexual harassment, homophobia, xenophobia, intimidation, or any other manner of being god-awful human beings, but I guess I'll just chalk it off to not being deserving of an answer because I'm not trying hard enough to meet in the middle. Yeah, that's it.
Same.

@jokey77 @M2Dave @SaSSolino you all seem pretty right leaning in your arguments. Care to give us any examples? Thanks in advance for the abundance of examples that you're undoubtedly about to bestow on us.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Same.

@jokey77 @M2Dave @SaSSolino you all seem pretty right leaning in your arguments. Care to give us any examples? Thanks in advance for the abundance of examples that you're undoubtedly about to bestow on us.
I'm centrist actually, but regardless as far as racism and sexism goes you can look at Yusra Khogali.

For intimidation you can just look at this very forum, you've banned 3-4 people during MK11's release period because they (politely) said they weren't comfortable with trans people. What followed were insults, a ton of hate, and bans, but not to those that were cursing others (leftist), but to those receiving it.

Do you honestly think I'd still be in the forum if I said something like this?
Case in point, this concern trolling motherfucker comparing racism to typos.
Or if you prefer, just look at the argument of the thread: taking away people's reputation and job (meaning ability to feed their family) because their opinion differ from yours.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
"Everything will be fine as long as you say you're a disgusting person and admit I was right all along."

Truly a movement so humble it's inspiring... and what's funny is that I believe even that to be a rare occurrence.
...except he WAS a disgusting person, and the people who were saying so WERE right all along, so... what's your point?

Because most people don't consider what he did to be sexual assault, as it wasn't remotely as sinister as what gets typically people charged for sexual assault. A charge that appropriately carries heavy jail time.

This is another issue of cancel culture, that you would just lump Louis CK in there with violent rapists.
That man told that woman on the air, looking her I'm the face, that he was going to go home and masturbate while thinking about her, and there was nothing she could do about it. Please explain to me how that isn't sinister as all conceivable fuck.

Y'all are going out of your way to miss the point of the CC being that if you are trash in any great capacity, and the world finds out, it's a wrap. Rape, harassment, blatantly stupid racism, sexist bullshit that should've been dealt with years prior but was eventually caught up with...if you've fucked up on that level, you should not feel safe. Sorry, not sorry. Shouldn't have been such a shitty person. Don't get mad because now we live in a world with actual consequences.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I'm centrist actually, but regardless as far as racism and sexism goes you can look at Yusra Khogali.

For intimidation you can just look at this very forum, you've banned 3-4 people during MK11's release period because they (politely) said they weren't comfortable with trans people. What followed were insults, a ton of hate, and bans, but not to those that were cursing others, but to those receiving it.

Or if you preffer, just look at the argument of the thread: taking away people's reputation and job (meaning ability to feed their family) because their opinion differ from yours.
A person who made one off comment in - quite justifiable - anger to the continued oppression of her people. Bit different to Milo, Sargon of Akkad and Richard Spencer - who despise other races because they consider their own race to be superior. There is NO justifying their position. Even Agolf Twitler makes abhorrent, racially charged comments all of the time. He just does it under the guise of dogwhistles, but even then he is sometimes blatant about it. Try again, with somebody who has a bit more dirt on them. Thanks in advance.

There is no reason to be uncomfortable about trans people. So I don't give a fuck about how 'polite' they're being.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME

For intimidation you can just look at this very forum, you've banned 3-4 people during MK11's release period because they (politely) said they weren't comfortable with trans people. What followed were insults, a ton of hate, and bans, but not to those that were cursing others (leftist), but to those receiving it.

Or if you prefer, just look at the argument of the thread: taking away people's reputation and job (meaning ability to feed their family) because their opinion differ from yours.
The way 16 Bit was treated during her transition was fucking despicable. If I was her, I wouldn't want anything to do with the kind of people who'd still in 2020 makes trans or LGBTQ+ people of any capacity feel unwelcome, either. People are people, and much that the actual merits of cancel culture, the sooner people get it through their heads, the better off we'll all be.

And again, if people didn't want to lose their jobs and reputations, they should've thought about that before doing the awful things they got cancelled over.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
A person who made one off comment in - quite justifiable - anger to the continued oppression of her people. Bit different to Milo, Sargon of Akkad, Richard Spencer and even Donald Trump (who makes abhorrent racially charged comments all of the time). Try again.
If you think calling white people "sub-human" is justifiable, then you're a racist and we have nothing to talk about.

There is no reason to be uncomfortable about trans people. So I don't give a fuck about how 'polite' they're being.
Then explain it to them.

People are sometimes willing to listen if you treat them with respect, but you'll never change anyone's opinion by berating, humiliating and casting them out.

Be better, not worse.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
If you think calling white people "sub-human" is justifiable, then you're a racist and we have nothing to talk about.
I've never heard of her, all I found was the comment she made about killing white people in response to another black man who had been killed by police. Just had another look and yeah, that sub-human comment is disgraceful.

What I do find funny though, is how the ONLY person you could think of was a BLM activist - not inherently somebody on the left. Plenty of BLM activists don't actually identify with the left.

So I'll ask again, who is a prominent figure on the left, with explicitly leftist views - or even just slightly left leaning views - who spouts constant racism, sexual harassment, homophobia, xenophobia akin to MANY individuals on the right?

Then explain it to them.

People are sometimes willing to listen if you treat them with respect, but you'll never change anyone's opinion by berating, humiliating and casting them out.

Be better, not worse.
I LOVE this. That it's on us to educate people to - I don't know - just be morally fucking decent, something which isn't hard and anybody with some semblance of a moral compass could do. We're all grown ups, we should know right from wrong. And there were multiple attempts at educating people when Stephanie came out, but everybody who was adamantly against her put their fingers in their ears and continued to be hateful.

Some people will not change their views. I said it earlier ITT, but I'll say it again. It's EXTREMELY naive to think that you can sit everybody down, talk to them reasonably and change their bigoted and outdated ways. Some people are a lost cause, as we've seen with discussion in this very thread. Excuse me if I don't want to waste my time for the 500th time just for somebody to essentially go "k".

The onus isn't on us to be better, it's for people with backwards mindsets to be eager to seek out ways to learn and change.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME

Then explain it to them.

Be better, not worse.
Why would I bother being respectful to transphobes? My best friend in the entire FGC is a trans woman. She is family to me. If they want to hate on my family, they deserve to be berated and cast out.
The ones with prejudice in their hearts are the ones who need to change. It's not our burden of proof or action to move them to the middle. Let the bigots be the ones to be better and not worse for a change, and be made as uncomfortable and insecure as the people they condemn. As I've said repeatedly, sometimes the only thing bullies understand is being bullied back.

Also, I have $100 in my pocket for ANYONE who can make the case that Donald Trump isn't subhuman, but that's another wager for another thread.

I've never heard of her, all I found was the comment she made about killing white people in response to another black man who had been killed by police. Just had another look and yeah, that sub-human comment is disgraceful.

What I do find funny though, is how the ONLY person you could think of was a BLM activist - not inherently somebody on the left. Plenty of BLM activists don't actually identify with the left.

So I'll ask again, who is a prominent figure on the left, with explicitly leftist views - or even just slightly left leaning views - who spouts constant racism, sexual harassment, homophobia, xenophobia akin to MANY individuals on the right?

I LOVE this. That it's on us to educate people to - I don't know - just be morally fucking decent, something which isn't hard and anybody with some semblance of a moral compass could do. We're all grown ups, we should know right from wrong. And there were multiple attempts at educating people when Stephanie came out, but everybody who was adamantly against her put their fingers in their ears and continued to be hateful.

Some people will not change their views. I said it earlier ITT, but I'll say it again. It's EXTREMELY naive to think that you can sit everybody down, talk to them reasonably and change their bigoted and outdated ways. Some people are a lost cause, as we've seen with discussion in this very thread. Excuse me if I don't want to waste my time for the 500th time just for somebody to essentially go "k".

The onus isn't on us to be better, it's for people with backwards mindsets to be eager to seek out ways to learn and change.
Couldn't have said it all better myself.

STILL WAITING ON THOSE LEFTIST NAMES, FELLAS

M2Dave

Zoning Master
My example is that Lt. Boxy Angelman's post proves precisely what I was talking about yesterday.

"Most liberals in today's world connect every single issue to race, gender, sexual orientation, and citizenship status and if you disagree ever so slightly with the proposed solutions, you are called names. If you criticize Black Lives Matter, you are a racist. If you point out that wages between men and women are almost the same when you account for hours worked, you are sexist. If you happen to be very religious, which I am not, and define marriage between one man and one woman, you are homophobic. If you are against open borders, you are xenophobic."

I genuinely would like America, or any other country, to become a color blind society in which the color of your skin matters as much as your hairstyle. Unfortunately, liberals are obsessed with and infatuated by identity politics, which has unintended consequences, one of which is most certainly Trump, who has sometimes engaged in "white man" identity politics. As I have said before, this type of political game is very dangerous.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
My example is that Lt. Boxy Angelman's post proves precisely what I was talking about yesterday.

"Most liberals in today's world connect every single issue to race, gender, sexual orientation, and citizenship status and if you disagree ever so slightly with the proposed solutions, you are called names. If you criticize Black Lives Matter, you are a racist. If you point out that wages between men and women are almost the same when you account for hours worked, you are sexist. If you happen to be very religious, which I am not, and define marriage between one man and one woman, you are homophobic. If you are against open borders, you are xenophobic."

I genuinely would like America, or any other country, to become a color blind society in which the color of your skin matters as much as your hairstyle. Unfortunately, liberals are obsessed with and infatuated by identity politics, which has unintended consequences, one of which is most certainly Trump, who has sometimes engaged in "white man" identity politics. As I have said before, this type of political game is very dangerous.
Ahhhh so you can't name any. Cool. I'd also like one post from you where you don't somehow go "B B BUT THOSE DARN LIBERALS". It's like a Tucker Carlson soundboard.

Also the color blind angle is bullshit. To make society color blind would be to whitewash what POC have endured (and still do) throughout history. It's the classic "I don't see color!" argument, when you SHOULD see color. Maybe if you saw color, you'd see how disproportionately non-white people are getting FUCKED.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
If shit wasn't so extreme on either side, the 2020 race wouldn't be Trump vs Biden. Trump will probably win honestly because he is better at getting himself attention, he doesn't care if it's good or bad attention. His flowchart is pretty simple, say something crazy, incite outrage, get attention which will only make his supporters like him more and get his name out there more.

This is a very good and funny video everyone should watch regardless of political affiliation, I think it is shockingly accurate.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator

You can have whatever transphobic, bigoted, discriminatory views you want. You’re allowed that. But you’re not allowed to express this hatred here on an NRS fighting game forum. TYM is a place welcomed to all with exception to those who spew hatred and discrimination guised as “that’s just my views bruh, respect them”.

No, I don’t think I will. Being trans isn’t an opinion, it isn’t a world view. It’s an identity. A trans person is just that, a PERSON. If you’re uncomfortable with that, ignore them, or leave. This goes for any person who isn’t doing anyone any harm that you’re “uncomfortable” with.

Btw, this isn’t directed at you. Unless the shoe fits, of course.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME

You're the one who called me an ideologue for believing the far-right to be responsible for giving rise the atmosphere of identity politics. I spent three days asking you to cite a single example of the liberals doing anything remotely close to their level. You haven't. I have given you and everyone else opposed to my arguments REPEATED opportunities to state your cases and prove me wrong, and have opened the floor with respect and decency at every opportunity throughout this thread for information to back up all these claims that BLM or the cancel culture are truly as bad as they're being made out to be. No one's made the case. And I never ONCE called you a racist or anything of the sort, went to bat for you in the past because I respect you and your knowledge of the other side of the world, and didn't tag you or call you out by name in the days I was waiting for any sort of constructive counterpoint, because this is a matter of right versus wrong and not left versus right. Still, no response except for more blame on the liberals and more silence on the argument YOU made that the left is as bad as the right, because they aren't.

Also, which post is it exactly that I made that proves your argument? I'd like to know. Because if it's about my beliefs in the bullies and bigots being bullied back until they shut the hell up and get out of the way of progress, I'm here to tell you that isn't changing any time soon, nor do I think it should. Much like Batgirl, I am going to be a rreeaall pain in the ass for anyone on this forum trying to perpetuate any of that subtle passive-aggressive devil's advocate bullshit. No mas.

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Ahhhh so you can't name any. Cool. I'd also like one post from you where you don't somehow go "B B BUT THOSE DARN LIBERALS". It's like a Tucker Carlson soundboard.

Also the color blind angle is bullshit. To make society color blind would be to whitewash what POC have endured (and still do) throughout history. It's the classic "I don't see color!" argument, when you SHOULD see color. Maybe if you saw color, you'd see how disproportionately non-white people are getting FUCKED.
I prefer to follow Dr. Martin Luther King's advice and judge people individually and by the content of their character. You, on the other hand, sound bitter and give the impression of someone who wants some kind of race war in America.

Trump will probably win honestly because he is better at getting himself attention...
Trump is currently behind in national polls. He is also behind in most swing states. I have seen polls in which he is trailing in Florida and Texas. LOL. If the polls hold until November, he is finished.

Trump is a maniac whose rhetoric is as divisive as the far left's while Biden is Hillary 2.0 in the sense that he is a generic ambitious politician who will do nothing for the country. The debates could be entertaining, though.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
TYM is a place welcomed to all with exception to those who spew hatred and discrimination guised as “that’s just my views bruh, respect them”.
Then why is the guy I quoted still welcome? Is the term "motherfucker" not hateful enough for you, or is there a bias?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Then why is the guy I quoted still welcome? Is the term "motherfucker" not hateful enough for you, or is there a bias?
Seems like you're missing the forest for the trees on this one. People aren't being banned for using coarse language, they're being banned for espousing hate speech.

Although if someone was to show up and be generally abusive towards other people and continuously use foul language, no doubt they'd still get banned pretty quick.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Got no response to my last post? You’ve literally proved what I said in that post. I respond with good points and you ignore my entire post. Instead you go running to the mods because I used a swear word? Loooooool. Grow up.

Remember folks, we’re the real snowflakes. @ me next time please. Thanks.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I prefer to follow Dr. Martin Luther King's advice and judge people individually and by the content of their character. You, on the other hand, sound bitter and give the impression of someone who wants some kind of race war in America.

Trump is currently behind in national polls. He is also behind in most swing states. I have seen polls in which he is trailing in Florida and Texas. LOL. If the polls hold until November, he is finished.

Trump is a maniac whose rhetoric is as divisive as the far left's while Biden is Hillary 2.0 in the sense that he is a generic ambitious politician who will do nothing for the country. The debates could be entertaining, though.
The same Martin Luther King who was a massive activist for the rights for BLACK people?

But please, continue to misinterpret what he said when he wanted to aim for a society that didn’t see color. He meant where we achieved a point of actual equality - you know, something black people still don’t have.

Still waiting on those names.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Got no response to my last post? You’ve literally proved what I said in that post. I respond with good points and you ignore my entire post. Instead you go running to the mods because I used a swear word? Loooooool. Grow up.

Seconded. I'm good enough to throw jabs at, but not good enough to talk to directly? That's cool.
#WhereAreThoseNames

This is literally the Fox News/far right/Karl Rove playbook being put into practice: create the divisive argument, then blame the people who argue back as though it's their fault for trying to be on the right side of history, and tell me I'm the one being hostile for wanting to be a decent human being. 20 years of seeing "debates" like this play out; it always goes the same way.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist

I gave you a response, you just didn't like it.

And if you paid attention you'd understand that I'm not trying to get you banned, I'm trying to shred some light on the bias in this forum. Because @Marlow can say people don't get banned for using foul language, but I bet whatever you want that if I, arguing against the views most welcome here, would have acted in a manner half as aggressive as you, I wouldn't be here.

EDIT: actually isn't that what happened to Skedar70?

Kenne

Noob
Still waiting to hear from ANYONE how the left is on the same level as the right in matters of racism, sexual harassment, homophobia, xenophobia, intimidation, or any other manner of being god-awful human beings, but I guess I'll just chalk it off to not being deserving of an answer because I'm not trying hard enough to meet in the middle. Yeah, that's it.
On the same level as who exactly?

Epstein was a democratic doner and should trump pretty much anyone, maybe exept for the grand wizard of the KKK. But has more connections into the party itself soo....
is that what you are looking for?

Also, I have $100 in my pocket for ANYONE who can make the case that Donald Trump isn't subhuman, but that's another wager for another thread.
Because there is no such thing as a subhuman not on a group level, not on an individual level.

And if you want to argue the point, like making exceptions for individual based on their actions. Then you should inform yourself about the eradication of Jews, gays and any other undesirable in the third Reich, and how they used this classification for their actions.

Give the $100 to any homeless of your choosing they need I it more then I.