What's new

F Champ Receives Lifetime Ban, Racism in the FGC/USA, and Other Prevalent Social Discussions

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Yeah, that's what I said: they want to appeal to the masses. That's what PR's for.

And to be honest you're right, I'm not really looking forward to an actual discussion. I've tried too many times just to get ranted on by some extremist thinking a little too highly of himself. At this point I'm just hoping for this madness to end quickly and without too many (other) casualties.
So you just want to sound like an asshole without being held to account for it. Cool. Thanks for proving MY point.

"Self-entitled masses the US has been cursed with" is a funny way to say people who won't stand for despicable bullshit like we're seeing right now. And you saying a fucking video game event is more important than kids being sexually assualted, but WE'RE the extremists, is laughable.

Everyone else who's in this boat, please take notes as to what kind of selfish shit to keep to yourselves. Freedom of speech and the right to blame others for your inconvenience doesn't mean you aren't going to get dragged for saying things than anyone with a sense of human decency knows is wrong.
Thanks.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
So you just want to sound like an asshole without being held to account for it. Cool. Thanks for proving MY point.
You translated "discussion" to "holding people accountable for sounding like assholes". That's precisely why having a discussion with people like you is impossible: you don't see different opinions, just assholes, and I see it clearly from your reply considering that you took whatever point I was making with my post and translated it with "I want sexual predators to keep abusing kids".

Don't ever complain about people calling you self-entitled, because you're the very definition. Learn some humility.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
You translated "discussion" to "holding people accountable for sounding like assholes". That's precisely why having a discussion with people like you is impossible: you don't see different opinions, just assholes, and I see it clearly from your reply considering that you took whatever point I was making with my post and translated it with "I want sexual predators to keep abusing kids".

Don't ever complain about people calling you self-entitled, because you're the very definition. Learn some humility.
You made a genuine asshole-sounding statement, and now you're lashing out because you're getting called out for it. Still don't see how that makes me the entitled one. Think before you type. Not that hard to do. Because the only "point" you made was that you were more concerned with EVO than you were with why it was called off. I don't know why I have to explain to you why that's wrong, but sure. Keep making me the bad guy.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Hang on a sec,

He is allowed to be disappointed the event is cancelled.

He also said he hopes there are no more casualties which you guys assumed he was talking about events and the people who have been cancelled. I believe the casualties of this whole thing are the victims and that's how i took his statement. But nobody asked if that what was ment he was just told to fuck off.

This is why his point was proven. Instead of a discussion he just got crusfied.

I know its a very emotional time but assuming
without genuine discussion is how misinformation is spread.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Yeah I'm not gonna stop loving it. Everyone is human and flawed. Heck I like HP Lovecraft's stories and he was racist as Hell, and he actually felt bad about it later in his short life, showing that people can change.
I dunno if MikeZ is gonna change or not, he should still be held accountable for his actions.
But I don't think his actions should tarnish that of the game and the rest of the team.

Bigzo

Noob
You don’t “progressively suspend” someone for being racist or a pedophile.
FgC Champ is kid diddler? Who knew.

Given the thread title is about Ryan and not about the other things going on, I’m not sure why you’re trying to suggest that I’m saying we should progressively suspend pedos. Obvioisly, some things are so bad that all is warranted. A racially insensitive post isn’t one of them.

A one year suspension gets the point across that the behavior is unacceptable and gives the opportunity for someone to correct the behavior. If they do it again then levy a harder penalty, and if it continues THEN permaban them.

This is how other sports leagues approach discipline. When they’ve gone against that rule they risk looking foolish because they levy harsh punishments inconsistently.

(NFL and domestic violence come to mind)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
FgC Champ is kid diddler? Who knew.

Given the thread title is about Ryan and not about the other things going on, I’m not sure why you’re trying to suggest that I’m saying we should progressively suspend pedos. Obvioisly, some things are so bad that all is warranted. A racially insensitive post isn’t one of them.

A one year suspension gets the point across that the behavior is unacceptable and gives the opportunity for someone to correct the behavior. If they do it again then levy a harder penalty, and if it continues THEN permaban them.

This is how other sports leagues approach discipline. When they’ve gone against that rule they risk looking foolish because they levy harsh punishments inconsistently.

(NFL and domestic violence come to mind)
I’m sorry, no. I’ll say it again — racism doesn’t and never has worked that way. There’s a reason Donald Sterling is banned from the NBA for life, and it’s that people don’t feel comfortable being around, playing with, or playing for racists, period.

You get suspensions for stuff like getting in fights and driving drunk. Racists get let go. Period. The policy is “good riddance and don’t come back”.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
You make it sound like any of those have some kind of special permission card.
They don't. EVERYONE should be held accountable for their actions.
What actions though?

Both ProJared and Johnny Deep have been abused in their relationship, but they were the ones getting cancelled because their partners knew how to play this cancel culture better. And MikeZ? He made a joke at a bad time, who in his right mind would think he should lose his job/reputation over it?!

And don't even start on that "sexual abuse" business because if you'd actually read that chat you'd know he's just a bad flirt.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Is it really that hard to not be a stupid piece of shit? Its almost like if you aren't a garbage person you wont get canceled.
You make it sound like any of those have some kind of special permission card.
They don't. EVERYONE should be held accountable for their actions.
WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO GET FOR SOME PEOPLE

Espio

Kokomo
I don't know if people know this or not, but there are serious consequences for this stuff at actual real jobs lol. If I said racially charged things at work regardless of race and especially in our current political climate I would face some kind of discipline up to potential termination from the job.

He was smart enough to orchestrate an "I have black friends" defense force and also smart enough to feign an apology but not smart enough to keep his weird cringe jokes to himself? Please! He knew what he was doing, he just thought he would get away with it without getting the smoke and real consequences.

Anyone who knows anything about these social media racists over the last like 3-4 years has seen them get fired and should be very particular about their opinions and what they share. Freedom of speech has never meant freedom from consequences. This seems to be highly misunderstood.

Freedom of speech only exists to prevent the GOVERNMENT from regulating you, not your fellow laypersons. Freedom of speech is also not limitless as in the case of yelling "FIRE" in a theater and there is no fire while simultaneously causing dangerous panic.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
What actions though?

Both ProJared and Johnny Deep have been abused in their relationship, but they were the ones getting cancelled because their partners knew how to play this cancel culture better. And MikeZ? He made a joke at a bad time, who in his right mind would think he should lose his job/reputation over it?!

And don't even start on that "sexual abuse" business because if you'd actually read that chat you'd know he's just a bad flirt.
Mike Z, who already had a reputation for outlandish behavior, took a thank you from a fan/streamer and turned it into a sexually cringeworthy talking down to. Gave no thought to what he was saying, how it would affect him in the future, or whether or not Bunny would do what Infinitii did and keep the receipts. Yet again, someone not thinking about what they're saying before they get themselves buried.

Also, Johnny Depp was completely vindicated, and Amber Heard's mainstream career is dead as a doornail.

I feel more and more every day like the only people who are this heavily against the pendulum of the cancel being out there over their heads are the ones who have their own shit to hide, and won't ever atone for it unless they get caught being dumb out in the open and have to walk it back to save their own ass. The more ugliness and victim-blaming and outright disregard for human decency I see, the more justified I feel in how angry I get about it.
So I look forward to more people wanting to tell me off for calling them out, because it usually means I'm on the right track. Get all this nasty shit off my FGC block, man.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I don't know if people know this or not, but there are serious consequences for this stuff at actual real jobs lol. If I said racially charged things at work regardless of race and especially in our current political climate I would face some kind of discipline up to potential termination from the job.

He was smart enough to orchestrate an "I have black friends" defense force and also smart enough to feign an apology but not smart enough to keep his weird cringe jokes to himself? Please! He knew what he was doing, he just thought he would get away with it without getting the smoke and real consequences.

Anyone who knows anything about these social media racists over the last like 3-4 years has seen them get fired and should be very particular about their opinions and what they share. Freedom of speech has never meant freedom from consequences. This seems to be highly misunderstood.

Freedom of speech only exists to prevent the GOVERNMENT from regulating you, not your fellow laypersons. Freedom of speech is also not limitless as in the case of yelling "FIRE" in a theater and there is no fire while simultaneously causing dangerous panic.
Exactly, he just now has to get a real job and will have to conduct himself like a professional

What actions though?

Mike z made a joke, nothing happened immediately. Then the conversation with that girl came out ON TOP of many different people coming forward. If you read the twitter threads it wasn’t just this issue, more women came forward that he worked with were calling him out for sexism and racism. As another commenter mentioned, anybody who makes a joke of that sort in any other work place would get reprimanded, possibly fired. Now add all the other things I said and they’d probably get fired. The thing that kills me is you and he both say the joke was made “at a bad time”. No, there is no bad time there is never a time to make a joke like that. If he understood that he’d still be welcome at events. Making that type of joke at any time, in lieu of the protests and everything else going on is nothing short of idiotic and if you’re that insensitive/unintelligent to not know that then you deserve whatever comes from that. You reap what you sow.