What's new

F Champ Receives Lifetime Ban, Racism in the FGC/USA, and Other Prevalent Social Discussions

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Expert theories aside, you still have not explained why the number of children born out of wedlock was significantly lower before the civil rights movement. According to the chart, the number was about 20%. Today it is assumed to be 65%.
There are multiple theories. https://www.brookings.edu/research/an-analysis-of-out-of-wedlock-births-in-the-united-states/

"Efforts by social scientists to explain the rise in out-of-wedlock births have so far been unconvincing, though several theories have a wide popular following. One argument that appeals to conservatives is that of Charles Murray, who attributes the increase to overly generous federal welfare benefits. But as David Ellwood and Lawrence Summers have shown, welfare benefits could not have played a major role in the rise of out-of-wedlock births because benefits rose sharply in the 1960s and then fell in the 1970s and 1980s, when out-of-wedlock births rose most. A study by Robert Moffitt in 1992 also found that welfare benefits can account for only a small fraction of the rise in the out-of-wedlock birth ratio."

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Expert theories aside, you still have not explained why the number of children born out of wedlock was significantly lower before the civil rights movement. According to the chart, the number was about 20%. Today it is assumed to be 65%.
The number of all US children, of all races, born out of wedlock was lower before the civil rights movement.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/an-analysis-of-out-of-wedlock-births-in-the-united-states/

In fact, the out-out-wedlock birth rate of caucasians is now almost 10 times higher than it was 60 years ago (from 3% to 28%), while it's less than 3 times as high for African-Americans.

https://www.childtrends.org/publications/dramatic-increase-in-percentage-of-births-outside-marriage-among-whites-hispanics-and-women-with-higher-education-levels

There's an important statistical concept called "Correlation is not causation", and it applies here. This is why all statistics need to be put into context.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Today is a disgusting day for the FGC.

Support for Infinitii and the young boy from Smash. Cinnapie and DMS can burn in the depths of every Hell there is.
And personally, everyone who told me I was being dramatic about creating a better atmosphere and keeping shitty people in check can eat a fucking dick. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS when you create an atmosphere built around protecting people's right to be assholes instead of one where they can feel safe and heard and validated, ESPECIALLY the kids and the women. I am fucking revolted.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Today is a disgusting day for the FGC.

Support for Infinitii and the young boy from Smash. Cinnapie and DMS can burn in the depths of every Hell there is.
And personally, everyone who told me I was being dramatic about creating a better atmosphere and keeping shitty people in check can eat a fucking dick. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS when you create an atmosphere built around protecting people's right to be assholes instead of one where they can feel safe and heard and validated, ESPECIALLY the kids and the women. I am fucking revolted.
Yup, people were complaining about 'the SJWs' and 'PC culture' potentially ruining the FGC, when they should have been focused on the predators and intolerant hatemongers who were actually already in the act of ruining it.

haketh

Noob
People act like stuff like the Tuskegee Experiments & Black Wallstreet were 300 years ago & we ain’t still got people alive from those incidents
Hell I still got family alive that went through segregation & Sundown Town’s still exist

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Yup, people were complaining about 'the SJWs' and 'PC culture' potentially ruining the FGC, when they should have been focused on the predators and intolerant hatemongers who were actually already in the act of ruining it.
100% agreed. I want to fucking scream. and on top of that, Daughter Box is a huge Mk fan and an even bigger gamer and streamwatcher than I am/wants to be a streamer one day. This is going to break her compact heart in half, along with who knows how many other up and coming young gamers who along with their elders are going to see all of this and be fucking devastated.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
@M2Dave Let me try to put this in terms you'll understand. You're from Croatia. Your parents (I believe) left there for Germany. Croatia has a very high incidence of poverty, and even still to this day, is well behind many European countries in terms of affluence.

Now, I could simply write "Croatians are lazy and just don't work as hard as the peoples of other European countries". That would be silly.
You are inaccurately and unfairly projecting my view of African-Americans. I never stated or implied that black people are lazy. As I have said many times before, I judge people individually. For example, I was hospitalized for a week when I was younger. As some people already know, hospital stays can get lonely, but my friend visited me more than my parents and brother did. The race of my friend ought not matter, but to argue my point he was black. My friend's individualism and the content of his character, not his "blackness", had everything to do with the fact that he was a caring friend who wanted to keep me company.

The truth is, not being from there, I don't understand the full repercussions of Croatia's history, of the war with the Serbs, and of what the aftermath of prolonged conflict has done to the economic and social landscape of that country.
Just because you do not understand the "full repercussions" of my country's history does not mean your opinions should be regarded as ignorant, dispensable, and malevolent. You have obviously done some research about me and the history of my country, which I respect, admire, and appreciate. We may come to different conclusions, but the conversation promotes an exchange of ideas. We learn nothing from those who merely affirm our ideas but from those who critique and challenge them.

Last edited:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Jesus you managed to cancel evo itself now? God forbid people actually have something to look forward to.
God forbid higher-ups in the FGC don't take sexual advantage of kids.

You’ll have other events to attend, sorry people don’t wanna attend an event ran by a child molestor?
Gotta love when people are more mad about being inconvenienced than they are about the horrible circumstances under which things are changing.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
You’ll have other events to attend, sorry people don’t wanna attend an event ran by a child molestor?
God forbid higher-ups in the FGC don't take sexual advantage of kids.
The event is not the man, and the organizers were already taking care of the matter. There was no reason for NRS or Capcom to take their game out of the line up aside from appealing to the self-entitled masses USA politics have cursed us with in the last few years.

I'd lie if I said I'm surprised by NRS though, given the fact that with MK11 they seem to have focused more on pushing a political agenda than actually making a good game.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
The event is not the man, and the organizers were already taking care of the matter. There was no reason for NRS or Capcom to take their game out of the line up aside from appealing to the self-entitled masses USA politics have cursed us with in the last few years.

I'd lie if I said I'm surprised by NRS though, given the fact that with MK11 they seem to have focused more on pushing a political agenda than actually making a good game.
Considering I doubt you're interested in hearing other opinions on the social side of this with your overtly antagonistic tone and word choice, let's just completely set aside all the social issues involved with this situation and look at it from a practical standpoint. Corporations dont generally like to bother with useless risks, especially PR ones. NRS, Capcom, and gang have little to gain and LOTS to potentially lose associating their core products with an institution like EVO that's currently undergoing huge drama, making this a useless risk.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Considering I doubt you're interested in hearing other opinions on the social side of this with your overtly antagonistic tone and word choice, let's just completely set aside all the social issues involved with this situation and look at it from a practical standpoint. Corporations dont generally like to bother with useless risks, especially PR ones. NRS, Capcom, and gang have little to gain and LOTS to potentially lose associating their core products with an institution like EVO that's currently undergoing huge drama, making this a useless risk.
Yeah, that's what I said: they want to appeal to the masses. That's what PR's for.

And to be honest you're right, I'm not really looking forward to an actual discussion. I've tried too many times just to get ranted on by some extremist thinking a little too highly of himself. At this point I'm just hoping for this madness to end quickly and without too many (other) casualties.

haketh

Noob
Yeah, that's what I said: they want to appeal to the masses. That's what PR's for.

And to be honest you're right, I'm not really looking forward to an actual discussion. I've tried too many times just to get ranted on by some extremist thinking a little too highly of himself. At this point I'm just hoping for this madness to end quickly and without too many (other) casualties.
What fucking casulities? An event is not a goddamn casulty, let point blank period I am close friends with a ton of people in TenO & people who were looking forward to working this event commentary & production wise, they’re all sad their work is going to waste but happy in light of all this the event is getting cancelled & the rot in the scene is getting cleaned out. I work events constantly & anyone else who does with a shred of decency would have no problem with the event being called off in light of these kind of issues.

It really says a lot about you that you’re more worried about a two day event getting the kibosh than victims. Fuck off.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
What fucking casulities? An event is not a goddamn casulty, let point blank period I am close friends with a ton of people in TenO & people who were looking forward to working this event commentary & production wise, they’re all sad their work is going to waste but happy in light of all this the event is getting cancelled & the rot in the scene is getting cleaned out. I work events constantly & anyone else who does with a shred of decency would have no problem with the event being called off in light of these kind of issues.

It really says a lot about you that you’re more worried about a two day event getting the kibosh than victims. Fuck off.
Thanks for proving my point.