What's new

F Champ Receives Lifetime Ban, Racism in the FGC/USA, and Other Prevalent Social Discussions

DeftMonk

Noob
Sucks for him but it was mildly racist and in 2020 you have to be retarded to be mildly racist on social media. At first honestly I didn't put 2 and 2 together (my eyes are kinda bad didnt have glasses on) I thought the watermelon had a hole in it or something and he was saying damn my watermelon got fucked up lol.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
When cancel culture and social politics become the only way to hold people accountable, you should use it. If the only way left to do that for people like that is social media, fuck 'em. If they weren't despicable people, they wouldn't be in this boat to begin with.

https://theoptionselect.com/2020/06/14/fgc-villain-also-terrible-person-in-real-life/

That whole very, very, VERY tired line is to make an excuse for him being a piece of trash. He's been openly racist to many people over the years at many tournaments, just ask kaneblueriver. Let alone just being a poor person to be around.
Back in the day he used to go around screaming in peoples ears while they were playing their tournament sets, that's like the smallest of the things he's done and even thats over the line.

fuck him, no more excuses.
That KBR feud was gross as all fuck.

Let all of them go down. Burn the whole pile like when the #MeToo movement blew up, and like we're now seeing all the racist human garbage get blown up online in the wake of the protests. Make them as toxic to go near as they are in life.
There's a thousand top of the top tier quality players in the world. Capcom and the like can afford to get behind the ones who don't have open reputations of being blights on the community.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Next time any of you makes a typo while writing on TYM I'll shoot you, and that's ok because:
How in the upside-down fuck do you even draw that comparison?

Is this the part of the thread where the point of mass toxicity needing to be dealt with gets drowned out by more toxicity?

Jesus Christ. I don't know what it is about people getting what they deserve that draws such ire out of people, but it's an ugly fucking look.

We are talking about a person who's spent the last decade as a top player in a scene FULL of people of color, who he himself says he has black brothers, and who cannot POSSIBLY be naive or stupid enough not to know how social media works by now, making a fucking WATERMELON post in the middle of the biggest and most important racially-motivated protests since the Civil Rights movement, and PEOPLE ARE STILL MAKING EXCUSES like he didn't know exactly what the fuck he was doing? At the risk of sounding in bad taste, does the fucking melon have to be smoking a Newport and sitting on top of a bucket of KFC before it's a painfully obvious enough racial stereotype for there to be to blur in the lines? No fucking wonder Chris G, LTG, Mike Z and the rest of the trashy ass top tiers still get away with murder; if people can't even come to consensus when they literally get popped in the face with this guy's dumb obvious racist bullshit, God only knows what it would take to get them to agree on the rest.

Last edited:
When cancel culture and social politics become the only way to hold people accountable, you should use it. If the only way left to do that for people like that is social media, fuck 'em. If they weren't despicable people, they wouldn't be in this boat to begin with.

That KBR feud was gross as all fuck.

Let all of them go down. Burn the whole pile like when the #MeToo movement blew up, and like we're now seeing all the racist human garbage get blown up online in the wake of the protests. Make them as toxic to go near as they are in life.
There's a thousand top of the top tier quality players in the world. Capcom and the like can afford to get behind the ones who don't have open reputations of being blights on the community.
I whole heatedly agree. The FGC has long been known as toxic. The old guard and their enablers are starting to squirm and complain because a fire is finally being held to their feet.

Also, The thing people seem to not understand about 'cancel culture' is that while the internet may try to 'cancel' someone it doesn't actually stick unless they've done something. I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I whole heatedly agree. The FGC has long been known as toxic. The old guard and their enablers are starting to squirm and complain because a fire is finally being held to their feet.

Also, The thing people seem to not understand about 'cancel culture' is that while the internet may try to 'cancel' someone it doesn't actually stick unless they've done something. I'm happy to be proven otherwise.
TERTIAN WITH THE FUCKING MESSAGE.

As the old addage goes: if they're not guilty, they should have nothing to hide or worry about.

Immortal

Blind justice....
He has always been arrogant, loud, and obnoxious, but I have heard from people who are close to him that he enjoys playing the "villain" in the fighting game community.

The cancel culture is as inconsistent as Kitana's razors. LOL.

Have you seen Mike Z's outrageous comment on stream? Something to the extent of "This rush down is crazy! I would even dare say that... he cannot breathe!"

Yet he was defended by Sonic Fox and other social justice warriors.
I dont particularly love Sonic (he is an amazing FG player thou) either but you really should stop throwing him under the bus every time you can.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Anybody who thinks the cancel culture is doing the most or think the tweet wasn’t that serious can go sit on a dick and rotate. You guys are almost as bad as those who are the cause of all of what’s happening right now. If you don’t have anything supportive on the matter, shut the fuck up. It’s that simple. We don’t need your stupid ass remarks

People need to understand what freedom of speech actually means. It’s a constitutional right to not be imprisoned for speaking your opinion, that’s it. You can call a Trump a moron and not go to jail. You can say something racist and not go to jail. Freedom of speech does not however ...

Keep you from facing consequences for saying dumb shit.

Entitle you to say dumb shit on social media or a place of business.

Just because the first amendment says you are entitled to free speech doesn’t mean you can walk into a store and start screaming racist slurs and not be removed from that store, because your speech does not reflect the company and can have a negative impact on that place of business, and this is no different with social media platforms, gaming companies etc.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Man, I kinda miss the times when I was a kid and Americans were always presented as the big bad fearless badasses.

Ya'll here having a meltdown over a Twitter post lmao
I don't think it's a meltdown. I just think we're (hopefully) getting to a point where people stop pretending that racism doesn't exist, and start actually calling people out for racist attitudes and remarks.

The good old days of "Americans being presented as the big bad fearless badasses" was great for some people, but it was also a time where we simply ignored a lot of the problems going on around us. Ignoring a problem doesn't solve it though.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Man, I kinda miss the times when I was a kid and Americans were always presented as the big bad fearless badasses.

It's not a meltdown over a Twitter post. It's shitty people being held accountable for their shitty actions for once. How that can be construed as a bad thing by anyone other than maybe people with their own shitty skeletons in the social media closet, I have no earthly idea.

And America had never been a nation of the big bad fearless badasses like it portrays itself to be. It's a country literally founded and built on genocide, slavery, and war, the badass image is nothing but a bad caricature to whitewash all the blood and bodies, and insecure people hiding behind patriotism, guns, and shitty mass manufactured tactical gear so they can call themselves Patriots and pretend they matter is another stupid stereotype I'd love to see done away with in my lifetime, but hey, one problem at a time.

Last edited:

Agilaz

It has begun
I don't think it's a meltdown. I just think we're (hopefully) getting to a point where people stop pretending that racism doesn't exist, and start actually calling people out for racist attitudes and remarks.

The good old days of "Americans being presented as the big bad fearless badasses" was great for some people, but it was also a time where we simply ignored a lot of the problems going on around us. Ignoring a problem doesn't solve it though.
Nobody said racism doesn't exist.

The problem is a lot of people are beginning to seek legal repercussions for things said in jest because they're an easy target - this does nothing to combat ACTUAL racism.

Someone like Ryan who has spent a good portion of his life in the FGC (and being non-white himself, also a factor) is obviously not an actual racist.

People are saying the FGC is soooo toxic, conviently forgetting it's also the most inclusive community alive. We literally got everybody.

It takes somebody with the emotional intelligence of a child to genuinely be this upset over a picture of a watermelon. If you think it's in bad taste, fine, and i totally agree, but people are taking this shit way too seriously.

A guy with #shanglivesmatters on his bio trying to minimize a racist post checks out.

I'm confident you know this and are just being wilfully ignorant, but obviously we've reached a breaking point in regards to racism so when someone makes an active choice to add to that pile of sh*t people are justified in their anger.

Agilaz

It has begun
A guy with #shanglivesmatters on his bio trying to minimize a racist post checks out.

I'm confident you know this and are just being wilfully ignorant, but obviously we've reached a breaking point in regards to racism so when someone makes an active choice to add to that pile of sh*t people are justifiably angry.
I had my bio from before MK11 came out, before Shang was confirmed to be in the game.

Case in point that you people will throw a fit over literally anything.

And before you REEEE at me, by "you people" I mean you staunch social justice warriors