What's new

F Champ Receives Lifetime Ban, Racism in the FGC/USA, and Other Prevalent Social Discussions

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I actually would like it if the thread was locked.
Anything to say on your WW2 reparation argument being destroyed? Gonna just dodge that? See, this is the problem with online discourse.

Also, I would like it if the thread was to remain open. There’s discussion to be had here, especially over the next few weeks.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Anything to say on your WW2 reparation argument being destroyed? Gonna just dodge that? See, this is the problem with online discourse.

Also, I would like it if the thread was to remain open. There’s discussion to be had here, especially over the next few weeks.
Y'all haven't discussed, you accused someone of being smooth brained. If you don't agree with their position, calling them stupid instead of explaining why they may be wrong is the wrong reason and why you and no one in this thread can actually reach 'discussion' status.

Try not to insult anyone that disagrees with you and I might consider it a discussion.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Y'all haven't discussed, you accused someone of being smooth brained. If you don't agree with their position, calling them stupid instead of explaining why they may be wrong is the wrong reason and why you and no one in this thread can actually reach 'discussion' status.

Try not to insult anyone that disagrees with you and I might consider it a discussion.
Care to look at my last post with Joker? He treats me with respect so I treat him with it.

Refer to people supporting reparations as money hungry pigs, saying it’s as bad as slavery and also stating FACTUALLY INCORRECT things? Then expect to be called out.

KingHippo explained why the other dude was wrong. I’m not letting him dodge it (not much of a discussion then is it) and then try to get the thread locked - when it’s not his thread to lock.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I'm saying this in general, it doesn't matter what they said or not, it's no grounds to hurl insults. No one is better than anyone, we're all just idiot human beings collectively.

If you'd want a real discussion you wouldn't resort to insults and it doesn't matter who 'started it', or what they said, this ain't a high school cafeteria. If they don't reply move on, it's that simple. You can't force people to have a discussion and you can't force them to see things your way either.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Here's another good idea for everyone, if you don't wanna talk anymore or you are done with the topic, please just step out of it like I did.

I only come in here to moderate (as I am currently doing). Stuff doesn't need to be closed cause you said something inflammatory or absurd and don't wanna deal with it or the fall out that results from it.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
We're really posting lincoln project videos now huh?
If you mean the one I just posted, I acknowledge the video came from a partisan source with a specific political agenda--but the video itself is not particularly partisan, and I had no agenda in posting it. It's just a nicely produced call for more constructive conversation that's more persuasive than the usual petty bickering.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I only come in here to moderate (as I am currently doing). Stuff doesn't need to be closed cause you said something inflammatory or absurd and don't wanna deal with it or the fall out that results from it.
The mod team definitely deserves props for keeping this thread open despite some of the tempestuous arguments and incendiary language. This thread is likely to die anyway as soon as the winner of the election is announced.

Polls indicate that Trump is losing white voters while gaining minority voters which is bizarre.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
The mod team definitely deserves props for keeping this thread open despite some of the tempestuous arguments and incendiary language. This thread is likely to die anyway as soon as the winner of the election is announced.

Polls indicate that Trump is losing white voters while gaining minority voters which is bizarre.
He's also somehow more popular now than he was in 2016, yet now he's more likely to lose. Dems really messed up in 2016 (combined with some crazy good luck for Republicans.)

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
He's also somehow more popular now than he was in 2016, yet now he's more likely to lose. Dems really messed up in 2016 (combined with some crazy good luck for Republicans.)
I think Republicans have done to Biden what Democrats did to Trump in 2016: they set the standards for him so low that he couldn't fail. All Biden has to do at this point is speak coherently and not soil himself to deliver a successful speech or argument.

Regardless, if anyone learned anything from 2016, it should be to ignore popularity polls and predictions put forth by the media.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
He seems to simultaneously have more supporters and more people opposing him, which is interesting. Or maybe just more vocal. Im not sure if I believe in the silent majority narrative Republicans push. Guess we will all see soon enough.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Anyone could still win the election, imo. Polling data is one thing but with some states having few places to drop off mail-in ballots, among other things, anything could happen.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
So who's going to win guys? Trump or Kamala? The polling was incorrect in 2016 when they said Hillary had a 90% chance of winning so you can throw these polls that have Biden winning.

The silent majority along with more minorities voting for Trump spells a victory for him my poor unfortunate liberal souls. Don't worry though because there's reports of mass voter fraud going on Texas and others reports of ballot boxes being burned so there's still hope for the demoncrats to win as long as they cheat, right guys?

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
There are a few key differences between 2016 and now:
1. Hillary Clinton isn't on the ticket. Rightly or wrongly, she has low favorability ratings and is widely unpopular. Many people voting for Trump in 2016 were mainly voting against Clinton, and most of those folks don't have the same objections to Biden. Trump won in key battleground states by extremely narrow margins, and it won't take much to flip them the other way. Clinton still won the popular vote.

2. The polls got in wrong in 2016 because pollsters undersampled the cohorts that turned out to be the biggest Trump supporters. They learned from their mistakes and changed their methods. There's no plausible reason to think the current polls are wrong for the same reason. There is no 'silent Republican majority' and there never was. There's absolutely zero evidence that there's some huge cohort of people out there who secretly plan to vote for Trump but who are too embarrassed to disclose that to a pollster.

3. In 2016 Trump's platform was mainly to attack everyone else for their supposed "failed" governance and to make grandiose promises about all the "greatness" he was going to bring back. Now he's the one in office and can't run away from his own record.

But right, nothing is assured. But the far greater risk is from widespread voter suppression efforts and attempts to sow doubt about election integrity than any real threat that DJT will score a fair and legitimate win at the ballot box.

nwo

Noob
I think Republicans have done to Biden what Democrats did to Trump in 2016: they set the standards for him so low that he couldn't fail. All Biden has to do at this point is speak coherently and not soil himself to deliver a successful speech or argument.

Regardless, if anyone learned anything from 2016, it should be to ignore popularity polls and predictions put forth by the media.
He's kinda fucked that one up though...

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
There are a few key differences between 2016 and now:
1. Hillary Clinton isn't on the ticket. Rightly or wrongly, she has low favorability ratings and is widely unpopular. Many people voting for Trump in 2016 were mainly voting against Clinton, and most of those folks don't have the same objections to Biden. Trump won in key battleground states by extremely narrow margins, and it won't take much to flip them the other way. Clinton still won the popular vote.

2. The polls got in wrong in 2016 because pollsters undersampled the cohorts that turned out to be the biggest Trump supporters. They learned from their mistakes and changed their methods. There's no plausible reason to think the current polls are wrong for the same reason. There is no 'silent Republican majority' and there never was. There's absolutely zero evidence that there's some huge cohort of people out there who secretly plan to vote for Trump but who are too embarrassed to disclose that to a pollster.

3. In 2016 Trump's platform was mainly to attack everyone else for their supposed "failed" governance and to make grandiose promises about all the "greatness" he was going to bring back. Now he's the one in office and can't run away from his own record.

But right, nothing is assured. But the far greater risk is from widespread voter suppression efforts and attempts to sow doubt about election integrity than any real threat that DJT will score a fair and legitimate win at the ballot box.
I agree.

Also, if Trump loses Florida, you may as well turn off the TV. Republicans almost can't win elections without Florida historically speaking. Could still be more up in the air if Trump wins Florida though.

Popegina

Hymen Holocaust
So who's going to win guys? Trump or Kamala? The polling was incorrect in 2016 when they said Hillary had a 90% chance of winning so you can throw these polls that have Biden winning.
I'm confused. I stopped following politics years ago, but didn't Hillary win the popularity vote, but Trump got elected due to the electoral college? Just like Al Gore?

It's always been funny to me how people vote for the president but ignore local politics. We treat the president like a dictator. It's insane. Basic bitches only interested in celebrities

Shit gets planted into the root of the problem and branches out. If you actually care about this silliness, please vote for local politics.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Can someone explain to me why the electoral college exists, and/or why you think it’s a good thing or why you think it’s necessary? Serious question.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Can someone explain to me why the electoral college exists, and/or why you think it’s a good thing or why you think it’s necessary? Serious question.
It was part of a compromise from the southern states, because they were less populous, and would therefore have much less influence in a national popular vote.
James Madison hated it and argued against it, but wasn't able to affect that change.

I don't think it's a good idea, and I don't think it's necessary. It doesn't even do what it was designed to do, boost the influence of less populous states, but instead creates a huge fight over swing states instead.

Edit: Found an article on it that, after some skimming, partially refutes my point. It wasn't necessarily about lower population in the southern states. It was because they couldn't count their slaves, so the electoral college and the 3/5's compromise put them on equal footing with non-slave states. It always comes back to slavery. Every god damn time :/

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
It was part of a compromise from the southern states, because they were less populous, and would therefore have much less influence in a national popular vote.
James Madison hated it and argued against it, but wasn't able to affect that change.

I don't think it's a good idea, and I don't think it's necessary. It doesn't even do what it was designed to do, boost the influence of less populous states, but instead creates a huge fight over swing states instead.

Edit: Found an article on it that, after some skimming, partially refutes my point. It wasn't necessarily about lower population in the southern states. It was because they couldn't count their slaves, so the electoral college and the 3/5's compromise put them on equal footing with non-slave states. It always comes back to slavery. Every god damn time :/

There's a good bit of info about it in Khan Academy's awesome (and free) American History course: https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/us-history/the-gilded-age#south-after-civil-war

But yeah, if I remember correctly, the south didn't want slaves to have rights but they did want them to count as citizens to give the state more voting sway, which is where the 3/5th compromise came from.

NHDR

Noob

Ok so, one of the clips in this video has Joe Biden saying the n-word, and saying a lot of other racist stuff. I get that Trump has said a lot of dumb shit, but how come people some people are ignoring Biden's shady past?

What's the point of refusing to vote for one racist all while voting for another? The more I learn about both candidates, the more I am really grateful I don't live in America.