What's new

F Champ Receives Lifetime Ban, Racism in the FGC/USA, and Other Prevalent Social Discussions

ItsYaBoi

Noob
And surprise, sur-fucking-prise, the right wing is at it again. Not only content with planning to kidnap governors, now they're planning to kidnap and murder them - https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/10/19/wichita-mayor-kidnapping-threat-masks-coronavirus/

But please, centrists and right wingers ITT, PLEASE continue to explain to me how both sides are as bad as each other, and PLEASE give me examples of left wingers in this election cycle who have been plotting to kidnap and murder governors.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Nope.

The side I'm on aren't the ones preaching hate against immigrants, separating kids from parents and putting them in conditions akin to concentration camps, stoking the fires of a race war and constantly shafting POC, taking rights away from transgendered people, wanting to take away the freedom of choice for women with their own bodies (abortion), denying the existence of systemic racism and turning a blind eye to the cops, supporting an archaic healthcare system, denying climate change, downplaying - or even sometimes denying - a very serious fucking disease that has shut down most of the world. Need I go on?
I believe in none of these things. Yet I am not on your side either, because I believe that your form of unreflected discourse is dangerous.

However we could agree that there are more than two sides. Especially in this thread it seems to me that there are almost no Trump supporters anyway. This image is more likely to have been constructed by some leftists to justify their own completely overshooting rhetoric.

Perhaps we can acknowledge that there are "several sides" that we can only explore with a careful and sensitive choice of words?

I also find it pretty fucking suspect that you seem to weep for this dude taking a punch, but haven't shown even the same iota of care for protestors being gunned down/run over by right wing nuts. Tell us how you really feel. Cosplay wannabe militia men with a ridiculous amount of guns - I sleep, right wing dickhead taking a slight punch - REAL SHIT.
There is a reason: My primary concern is not the action (e.g. the sucker punch) itself, but the discussion style in this thread. I don't like it if any form of violence is being celebrated. - This concerns certain discussants, so I want to speak it out.

However in regard to your point: Even if it is a different subject, it is still important because it is important to you: I am absolutely against the formation of right-wing militias. I also find it stupid to justify one's own misconduct (e.g. formation of a militia) by other people's misconduct (e.g. violent BLM protests).

There is a "because (he did XY first)" that can be used to excuse literally everything. - But grown up people should know that such arguments only drive the escalation spiral. However you shouldn't fall for this pattern either.

So if you ask me: No militia, no riots! - No violence from any side!

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I believe in none of these things. Yet I am not on your side either, because I believe that your form of unreflected discourse is dangerous.

However we could agree that there are more than two sides. Especially in this thread it seems to me that there are almost no Trump supporters anyway. This image is more likely to have been constructed by some leftists to justify their own completely overshooting rhetoric.

Perhaps we can acknowledge that there are "several sides" that we can only explore with a careful and sensitive choice of words?

There is a reason: My primary concern is not the action (e.g. the sucker punch) itself, but the discussion style in this thread. I don't like it if any form of violence is being celebrated. - This concerns certain discussants, so I want to speak it out.

However in regard to your point: Even if it is a different subject, it is still important because it is important to you: I am absolutely against the formation of right-wing militias. I also find it stupid to justify one's own misconduct (e.g. formation of a militia) by other people's misconduct (e.g. violent BLM protests).

There is a "because (he did XY first)" that can be used to excuse literally everything. - But grown up people should know that such arguments only drive the escalation spiral. However you shouldn't fall for this pattern either.

So if you ask me: No militia, no riots! - No violence from any side!
Then - without you even realising it - you're on my side. We just have a different way of saying and doing things.

Anybody with those beliefs that I listed is my enemy, and I have no qualms in saying it. They are trying to halt the progress of the human race and - if anything - are actually trying to regress it. They want people to suffer, and for what? Those are the people I won't tolerate, again, because allowing them to fester causes them to stamp out the tolerant and those who are already vulnerable/marginalised. Not everything can be debated, and I couldn't give an actual fuck if they get punched. As I said, that's the least of the worlds problems when they're ACTIVELY trying to make peoples (usually those already marginalised) existence miserable and one full of suffering.

You also have a selective memory I'm afraid. Dave (and others, but he is the main culprit if I'm honest) has said some heinous shit, and it is certainly not overreaching to say so.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
And surprise, sur-fucking-prise, the right wing is at it again. Not only content with planning to kidnap governors, now they're planning to kidnap and murder them - https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/10/19/wichita-mayor-kidnapping-threat-masks-coronavirus/

But please, centrists and right wingers ITT, PLEASE continue to explain to me how both sides are as bad as each other, and PLEASE give me examples of left wingers in this election cycle who have been plotting to kidnap and murder governors.
Once again, notice how all the people who've been giving me shit for my beliefs, whose posts I like or don't like, and are convinced that this isn't a VASTLY bigger problem on one side than the other, have absolutely nothing to say right now.
Can't be further proven wrong if you stay quiet, I guess :coffee: .
Y'all can hold those L's just like the GOP will be doing in two weeks.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Once again, notice how all the people who've been giving me shit for my beliefs, whose posts I like or don't like, and are convinced that this isn't a VASTLY bigger problem on one side than the other, have absolutely nothing to say right now.
Can't be further proven wrong if you stay quiet, I guess :coffee: .
Y'all can hold those L's just like the GOP will be doing in two weeks.
The silence from all of them is delicious.

Love it.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara

Just seems to me like a crazy old man more than a major conspiracy.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Just seems to me like a crazy old man more than a major conspiracy.
Can you give me an example of people on the left doing this? Thanks.

That’s one kidnapping plot (by a large group of people, thus a conspiracy) and another kidnapping plot (with a dash of murder) - done by one ‘crazy old man’. The right are literally terrorists, but people like Dave keep clinging to their mythical Marxist terrorists (lol).

I’ll wait.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
@ItsYaBoi None that I've seen and I certainly don't condone it.
Pure stupidity.

Now can you answer my question from before about what Phillip Anderson did to deserve to loose his front teeth?

I can't find much on him apart from what he had going on about "big tech" not allowing conservative speech.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Getting your fucking teeth knocked out is quite a lot if you yourself aren't being violent. Don't know shit about the guy, he could be a piece of shit, but I'm just saying for me (or most normal level headed people) to knock someones fuckin teeth out they need to have reaallllyyyyyy done some CRAZY shit.

And these plots to kidnap governors and even kill them is awful, inexcusable, completely disgusting. I'm not a Democrat or Republican but I truly can't deny the fact that the left doesn't/hasn't organized something this completely fucked. Ofc not everyone on the right is a violent murder. I'm not sayin, but I'm just sayin.

Bad things are bad, you can condemn these terrorists and acknowledge that knocking someones teeth out is a bit much (I'm saying this under the assumption that the guy who got clocked hasn't called for violence or incited violence himself, in which case he deserves to get his shit rocked).

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Getting your fucking teeth knocked out is quite a lot if you yourself aren't being violent. Don't know shit about the guy, he could be a piece of shit, but I'm just saying for me (or most normal level headed people) to knock someones fuckin teeth out they need to have reaallllyyyyyy done some CRAZY shit.

And these plots to kidnap governors and even kill them is awful, inexcusable, completely disgusting. I'm not a Democrat or Republican but I truly can't deny the fact that the left doesn't/hasn't organized something this completely fucked. Ofc not everyone on the right is a violent murder. I'm not sayin, but I'm just sayin.

Bad things are bad, you can condemn these terrorists and acknowledge that knocking someones teeth out is a bit much (I'm saying this under the assumption that the guy who got clocked hasn't called for violence or incited violence himself, in which case he deserves to get his shit rocked).
i dont rly wanna get too involved here but just wanted to let u know that the main guy behind the michigan business was a bernie voter in 2016 and was pro-black bloc, anarchist weirdo, kind of hard to believe hes suddenly a rightwinger now lol

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
i dont rly wanna get too involved here but just wanted to let u know that the main guy behind the michigan business was a bernie voter in 2016 and was pro-black bloc, anarchist weirdo, kind of hard to believe hes suddenly a rightwinger now lol
Very strange. Not that consistency or stability would be something to be expected.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
https://www.wilx.com/2020/10/09/suspect-has-history-of-anti-government-social-media-posts/

Found this interesting one of the kidnapping suspects is an anarchist.
I work with a couple of guys like him. Former Bernie Bros who think the entire spectrum of government is corrupt...which in many ways, it is. Doesn't surprise me. There are plenty of people who want thing to fall off the rails who want nothing to do with Trump or anyone else. Totally nuts.

I acquiesce to this because I'm waiting for the part where the people who ignored my three days of tearing their paper maché arguments to pieces come a'bitching about out it was really secretly the left the whole time that Trump was talking to when he said LIBERATE MICHIGAN on Twitter, and I want to take the wind out of their sails before they even have time to type.

If this thread died tomorrow, I wouldn't shed a tear. Seeing the true colors of some of the people in this community since FChamp started all this has fucked my entire perspective of both politics and the FGC. I'm over it.

Last edited:

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
I work with a couple of guys like him. Former Bernie Bros who think the entire spectrum of government is corrupt...which in many ways, it is. Doesn't surprise me. There are plenty of people who want thing to fall off the rails who want nothing to do with Trump or anyone else. Totally nuts.

I acquiesce to this because I'm waiting for the part where the people who ignored my three days of tearing their paper maché arguments to pieces come a'bitching about out it was really secretly the left the whole time that Trump was talking to when he said LIBERATE MICHIGAN on Twitter, and I want to take the wind out of their sails before they even have time to type.

If this thread died tomorrow, I wouldn't shed a tear. Seeing the true colors of some of the people in this community since FChamp started all this has fucked my entire perspective of both politics and the FGC. I'm over it.
So is he on a side or is he just another nut job?
Where the others the same or where they right wing nutters?

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Seeing a lot of really shitty both sides arguments in regards to use of violence from the weirdo centrists in this thread so let's make this clear. the problem isn't just the violence, it's the reason for violence. riots and violence have played a major role in pretty much ever advancement in civil rights. so if you punch someone because they're a racist and a fascist I think that's fine. but if you punch someone because you're mad that they want racial equality then I think that's bad. I don't think those 2 statement contradict each other. likewise I'm fine with riots that have instances of violence in them because they're about racial equality but I'm not ok with the proud boys using violence to kidnap a governor. Violence isn't the problem. the problem is the justification for it and I don't think it's wise to pretend that both sides of this argument have equal justification for the use of violence.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Incredible leap in logic.

Maybe we should have debated the Nazis with words eh? The KKK too?

See, I can be ridiculous with the false equivalences too. Sometimes violence is absolutely justified (though I enjoyed seeing it, that video isn’t justified, but other scenarios most definitely are).
@NaCl man there we go, post 2,562. Me saying that it wasn't justified (with the information I had at the time). Try again.

Before anybody claims that the tolerance paradox speak is referring to it, that is purely aimed at those in the thread who act like violence is NEVER justified (which is wrong, if that was the case we'd have let the Nazi's take over the world).

Btw, It seems that you've backtracked now that KingHippo has provided evidence. Now that I've seen that video (first time seeing it), I will say that it was actually justified.

Last edited: