What's new

F Champ Receives Lifetime Ban, Racism in the FGC/USA, and Other Prevalent Social Discussions

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I agree that saying fuck white people does really do anything. in fact it's a harmless statement that doesn't impact white people at all. that is why we should not compare it to what a nazi is doing because his ideology actually causes real harm to people.
True, I didn't make a direct comparison though but I know you weren't quoting me. I'm just saying she's dumb as fuck which she is. It's easy to say "fuck (any group)" and offer no solutions, doesn't make her brave or smart. It is a harmless statement that accomplishes nothing, but its a dumb one and I'm making fun of her/it and feeling absolutely no remorse because it's hilarious. And harmless.

Fuck nazis though, I'd watch a compilation of Richard Spencer getting decked.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
True, I didn't make a direct comparison though but I know you weren't quoting me. I'm just saying she's dumb as fuck which she is. It's easy to say "fuck (any group)" and offer no solutions, doesn't make her brave or smart. It is a harmless statement that accomplishes nothing, but its a dumb one and I'm making fun of her/it and feeling absolutely no remorse because it's hilarious. And harmless.

Fuck nazis though, I'd watch a compilation of Richard Spencer getting decked.
saying fuck white people also doesn't warrant being body shamed.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I would never body shame a fat person strictly for being fat, I used to be obese, its a hell of a battle.

But yeah not sorry for body shaming her because you open the door for that kind of shit if you wear something that says fuck an entire race, I don't really care.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
that person is much better then the nazi. she is fighting against white privilege. the nazi is fighting for white supremacy. pretending these 2 are the same undermines how dangerous white supremacy is
How would you react if that shirt said fuck black people instead? Saying fuck any race of people is dangerous and should not be at all tolerated.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
So I obviously agree it's far, FAR from being as bad as being a literal nazi, I wouldn't say it's harmless. The "fuck white people" rhetoric is part of a multitude of things that alienate the average person from getting involved with social justice.
Do I think it's bad enough to warrant people staying away from social justice because of it? No. I don't think it should happen. But I'm a big believer that intention without action or impact is close to useless, and in this case, if the way you convey your message is directly counterproductive towards what you're trying to achieve, you're failing miserably and should check yourself.
But yeah, mocking the overweight person because they're overweight definitely feels immature and middle-schooly and also drops the level of whatever debate you're being a part of.

Baconlord

How would you react if that shirt said fuck black people instead? Saying fuck any race of people is dangerous and should not be at all tolerated.
white people are not a marginalized group. black people are. saying fuck white people does not harm to white people at all. that same rhetoric towards black people disproportionally harms them in a way that just doesn't happen with white people. saying fuck black people is 100000 times worse then saying fuck white people.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
white people are not a marginalized group. black people are. saying fuck white people does not harm to white people at all. that same rhetoric towards black people disproportionally harms them in a way that just doesn't happen with white people. saying fuck black people is 100000 times worse then saying fuck white people.
It is a disgusting racist thing to promote period. Black or white. Racism is racism. I blows my mind that you think that what is written on that persons cloths is OK and doesn't effect people because of the colour of their skin.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Racism is racism. There are no tiers based on your skin color or heritage. If you make a statement (or wear an article of clothing with that statement) about someone's race or ethnicity that you know you shouldn't about a different race or ethnicity, then it's simply wrong. Once you say it's okay or not as bad to say things about one group of people, but not another, you open the door for more racism. It should never be "more acceptable" to spout hate towards any specific group of people based on their race, creed, etc.

Baconlord

Racism is racism. There are no tiers based on your skin color or heritage. If you make a statement (or wear an article of clothing with that statement) about someone's race or ethnicity that you know you shouldn't about a different race or ethnicity, then it's simply wrong. Once you say it's okay or not as bad to say things about one group of people, but not another, you open the door for more racism. It should never be "more acceptable" to spout hate towards any specific group of people based on their race, creed, etc.
racism towards black people led to slavery. please explain to me how much white people have suffered because of racism.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
racism towards black people led to slavery. please explain to me how much white people have suffered because of racism.
So racism is okay if it's not directed towards black people? Or racism is okay as long as it doesn't lead directly to slavery/suffering of some kind?

Not trying to put words in your mouth, I just want to clarify that this is what I'm reading.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I think you may be misunderstanding my point. Racism is, "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized." Wearing or saying something like, "fuck white people" or any other race is simply racism. There's no lesser racism or greater racism or anything else. It's not and should not be okay to discriminate or antagonize ANYONE because of the color of their skin, period.

Baconlord

So racism is okay if it's not directed towards black people? Or racism is okay as long as it doesn't lead directly to slavery/suffering of some kind?

Not trying to put words in your mouth, I just want to clarify that this is what I'm reading.
it's not just about black people. it's more that racism doesn't affect white people in any negative way and because of that getting equally upset about prejudice against white people as you would for other marginalized races diminishes the affects that racism actually has on those communities. for example, let's say someone body shamed a professional athlete for being to muscular and someone else body shamed someone for being fat. they are both technically examples of body shaming but since people that are overweight are much more stigmatized for their bodies then muscular people are, you wouldn't really care about the person making fun of the body builder because there's no real harm there.

let me put it like this. Racism is not a personal thing, it's systemic. there are systemic problems in society that disproportionately harm groups of people because of their race. white people do not suffer from these systemic problems and as a result, racism towards white people does not perpetuate any systemic problems. however marginalized groups do suffer from this. racism towards these marginalized groups perpetuates the systemic oppression they face. that is why I do no not give a fuck about racism towards white people (for the record, I am white). it doesn't hurt anyone so it does not deserve the same level of scrutiny that racism towards marginalized groups does.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
it's not just about black people. it's more that racism doesn't affect white people in any negative way and because of that getting equally upset about prejudice against white people as you would for other marginalized races diminishes the affects that racism actually has on those communities. for example, let's say someone body shamed a professional athlete for being to muscular and someone else body shamed someone for being fat. they are both technically examples of body shaming but since people that are overweight are much more stigmatized for their bodies then muscular people are, you wouldn't really care about the person making fun of the body builder because there's no real harm there.

let me put it like this. Racism is not a personal thing, it's systemic. there are systemic problems in society that disproportionately harm groups of people because of their race. white people do not suffer from these systemic problems and as a result, racism towards white people does not perpetuate any systemic problems. however marginalized groups do suffer from this. racism towards these marginalized groups perpetuates the systemic oppression they face. that is why I do no not give a fuck about racism towards white people (for the record, I am white). it doesn't hurt anyone so it does not deserve the same level of scrutiny that racism towards marginalized groups does.
Thank you for taking the time to clarify your position.

I've been both fat and muscular, body shaming doesn't feel good regardless. But that's not your main point and it's just to draw a parallel so I'm not going to elaborate further than that.

I don't disagree with anything you said in your second paragraph, because yes, black people in America tend to be more vulnerable than white people as a whole. Makes sense that racism towards black people would be more harmful than white people.

Harmful or not, is it okay though? That's really the question I was asking you. Is it okay to be racist to white people, make fun of an attractive person for their physical appearance, call an intelligent person stupid, or anything else of that nature, simply because there is no harm done?

Is it the harm done/outcome that makes an action/statement right or wrong, the intention behind the action/statement, or both? Where do you draw the line in the sand?

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara

Then it should be fuck the system. Not fuck white people. All dumb statements like this do is create hatred between racial groups for no reason.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I don't think that the Clintons (or even Regan) set out to ruin people's lives when they were pushing stricter laws -- they lived in an era where crime was spiraling out of control, and they were trying to fix the issues. And in a sense, it worked.. Crime went down drastically. However, there were some highly unfortunate side effects.. And now the Clintons are being demonized, as if it was their nefarious plan to harm communities of color all along.
I'm willing to believe that Reagan's social programs were specifically meant to disenfranchise blacks, and that Bill Clinton and his wife (and Obama and Biden and others of their ilk) are more victims of their own goofy 3rd Way ideology. Much like Libertarianism, I think 3rd Way politics only make sense if you don't consider people have feelings and agendas and are just optimized to be effective. It's psychotic, but in a different way.

Baconlord

Thank you for taking the time to clarify your position.

I've been both fat and muscular, body shaming doesn't feel good regardless. But that's not your main point and it's just to draw a parallel so I'm not going to elaborate further than that.

I don't disagree with anything you said in your second paragraph, because yes, black people in America tend to be more vulnerable than white people as a whole. Makes sense that racism towards black people would be more harmful than white people.

Harmful or not, is it okay though? That's really the question I was asking you. Is it okay to be racist to white people, make fun of an attractive person for their physical appearance, call an intelligent person stupid, or anything else of that nature, simply because there is no harm done?

Is it the harm done/outcome that makes an action/statement right or wrong, the intention behind the action/statement, or both? Where do you draw the line in the sand?
the reason someone would say fuck white people is not the reason for why somebody would say fuck black people. I guarantee that this person's frustration with white people comes from the institutional power that white people hold. the context in which you say fuck white people is very different then if it was targeted at a marginalized group.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
the reason someone would say fuck white people is not the reason for why somebody would say fuck black people. I guarantee that this person's frustration with white people comes from the institutional power that white people hold. the context in which you say fuck white people is very different then if it was targeted at a marginalized group.
I'm not sure how you could guarantee that woman's intentions. I can see being frustrated at disproportionate institutional power white people hold. What I can't see is why the next logical step would be "fuck white people".

So it is okay then? Nothing wrong with it because "fuck white people" doesn't pack the same punch as "fuck black people"? Things are wrong because they can be deemed as worse than something similar?

I'm not gonna press further or ask again after this but I'm gonna copy/paste my question from my last post because I'm really curious to see what your thoughts are. I'm not looking for a specific answer or a debate, I'm genuinely curious what your thoughts are on this.

Last edited:
I think the notion that racism towards white people isn't harmful is ridiculous. Animosity breeds more animosity, so why would you be okay with one form of racism over another when racism itself is the problem?

There have also been several black on white assaults happening lately that seem to be racially motivated too (Rick Moranis for example), but it's okay because other groups have had it worse?

Being sucker punched on the street for the colour of my skin seems pretty harmful to me.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I think the notion that racism towards white people isn't harmful is ridiculous. Animosity breeds more animosity, so why would you be okay with one form of racism over another when racism itself is the problem?

There have also been several black on white assaults happening lately that seem to be racially motivated too (Rick Moranis for example), but it's okay because other groups have had it worse?

Being sucker punched on the street for the colour of my skin seems pretty harmful to me.
Damn didn't even hear about the Rick Moranis attack. Fucking awful. What evidence is there that it's racially motivated though?

Damn didn't even hear about the Rick Moranis attack. Fucking awful. What evidence is there that it's racially motivated though?
I have zero evidence, but with the political climate of late it seems plausible, which is why I said "seems". That said, it could have just as easily been some shitty guy deciding to slug a random person, however it doesn't look good.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I have zero evidence, but with the political climate of late it seems plausible, which is why I said "seems". That said, it could have just as easily been some shitty guy deciding to slug a random person, however it doesn't look good.
Well yeah punching a random 67 year old man is never a good look. I wouldn't be spreading the idea until the suspect is found and more information is learned. Fuck that guy though.

Well yeah punching a random 67 year old man is never a good look. I wouldn't be spreading the idea until the suspect is found and more information is learned. Fuck that guy though.
I guess my point is that there are racially motivated attacks against whites, I don't have any receipts to provide but I've seen more than one video depicting a group of people beating up on a white guy and chanting things like "get him he's white" etc. I realize having no hard evidence to provide isn't great for my argument, but I kinda hate this subject in general and I can't be the only one in here who's come across such videos. I think pretending it doesn't exist on both sides is very naïve (not saying this is you).

Again I just think trying to hand wave racism towards whites as being in any way okay or harmless is not only absurd, but dangerous.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I guess my point is that there are racially motivated attacks against whites, I don't have any receipts to provide but I've seen more than one video depicting a group of people beating up on a white guy and chanting things like "get him he's white" etc. I realize having no hard evidence to provide isn't great for my argument, but I kinda hate this subject in general and I can't be the only one in here who's come across such videos. I think pretending it doesn't exist on both sides is very naïve (not saying this is you).

Again I just think trying to hand wave racism towards whites as being in any way okay or harmless is not only absurd, but dangerous.
I agree, racism being bad in any context shouldn't be some kind of hot take.