What's new

F Champ Receives Lifetime Ban, Racism in the FGC/USA, and Other Prevalent Social Discussions

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Just because something is deemed “conservative” doesn’t mean it’s suddenly less worth reading it. Blaire White wrote this, and she fits neither of these things you just listed.
This Blair White?

I would make the same point @Marlow does in that people need to seriously take their news sources into question, and that the opining of far-right provocateurs whose literal goal is to "trigger lefties" is not a politically serious endeavor and will rot your brain

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Just because something is deemed “conservative” doesn’t mean it’s suddenly less worth reading it. Blaire White wrote this, and she fits neither of these things you just listed.
It's not that it's "conservative". It's that its a site that has no credibility, has had multiple incidents of misleading or outright false content, has ties to some really shady people, and are funded by people with a huge political agenda.

That article you linked to is a joke. It's nothing more than trashy propaganda. If you actually want to be informed on issues or read worthwhile opinion pieces you should find a better source. NPR, PBS, New York Times,, Chicago Tribune, Wall Street Journal. A news outlet that actually has a solid reputation and has standards.

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/29/774541010/fake-news-is-scary-heres-how-to-spot-misinformation

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This Blair White?

View attachment 17419

I would make the same point @Marlow does in that people need to seriously take their news sources into question, and that the opining of far-right provocateurs whose literal goal is to "trigger lefties" is not a politically serious endeavor and will rot your brain
Someone tag Shitty Ben Shapiro and tell him his Queen is under attack.

People like this make me wish that victory for the Sweet Meteor Of Death 2020 Campaign wasn't just a dream.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
While equating America to Nazi Germany may be a fascinating discussion to some of you, let us discuss what is happening in contemporary America outside the far-left bubble.

- Support for Black Lives Matter has decreased as "more voters consider Black Lives Matter demonstrations in three cities to be riots instead of protests." (Source)

- NFL and NBA ratings are down because of "social justice messaging." (Source)

- Trump's approval rating rises among Black and Hispanic voters after the Republican National Convention. (Source)

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
- Support for Black Lives Matter has decreased as "more voters consider Black Lives Matter demonstrations in three cities to be riots instead of protests."
That poll has no mention of BLM as a movement, that is just a view of what the mass gatherings look like. Support is still over 50%, which is a massive gain over time from 2017, when support was in the 30's. I imagine that's why they didn't mention it.

NFL and NBA ratings are down because of "social justice messaging."
So a sports writer asked people to email him if they liked it or not, and he is making a guesstimate based on that? There's even this in the article: "This is not in any way a scientific poll." Even then, what does it matter?

Trump's approval rating rises among Black and Hispanic voters after the Republican National Convention
The Hispanic vote is interesting because Bernie Sanders had that overwhelmingly and won the Nevada primary in spite of huge moves by its top unions and Governor to block support, and I believe Biden and the general Democratic Party have made very few inroads. Even then, the numbers aren't really anything to shake a stick at - Trump's Black numbers are up 9%, which sounds great, but it went from 15 to 24%. I'm not even sure that would get him out of "strongly disapprove". Hispanic number also went up 2 points to 32, which is still largely unfavorable. He's underwater in disapprove for both races at 76% and 68%, respectively.

I'm guess I'm just not that impressed that an incumbent president is facing record disapproval ratings.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Support is still over 50%...
Barely. "Favorable opinions of Black Lives Matter has dropped 9 points since June, to 52%", according to the article that you provided. When the public finds out that the Black Lives Matter movement wants to defund the police, a highly unpopular position, including among African Americans, that number is going back to the 30s. When Al Sharpton labels you a "latte liberal" for calling to defund the police, you have stepped so far to the left that you are about to fall from the cliff.

So a sports writer asked people to email him if they liked it or not, and he is making a guesstimate based on that? There's even this in the article: "This is not in any way a scientific poll." Even then, what does it matter?
It matters because fans prefer to watch sporting events. If they wanted to watch political messages, they would watch news outlets such as MSNBC, CNN, and Fox News.

Even then, the numbers aren't really anything to shake a stick at - Trump's Black numbers are up 9%, which sounds great, but it went from 15 to 24%.
I agree, but Trump does not have to win a lot of Black and Hispanic votes in order to win the election. If he wins 30% of the Black vote, which I doubt he will, Biden has no chance of winning. The point is, for being a part of the "anti-minority" party, he is getting some support from Blacks and Hispanics.

Reactions: nwo

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Barely. "Favorable opinions of Black Lives Matter has dropped 9 points since June, to 52%", according to the article that you provided. When the public finds out that the Black Lives Matter movement wants to defund the police, a highly unpopular position, including among African Americans, that number is going back to the 30s. When Al Sharpton labels you a "latte liberal" for calling to defund the police, you have stepped so far to the left that you are about to fall from the cliff.
I've seen this quote attributed to Sharpton, but the actual MSNBC interview he says “To take all policing off is something I think a latte liberal may go for as they sit around the Hamptons discussing this as some academic problem,” which would say that he disagrees with police abolition, a truly far-left position, and not necessarily defunding or the delineation of funds to other areas. He even said in the same interview that there is a need to "reimagine policing."

The problem, as always, is that the slogan is what is politicized, and not actual concrete policy, so saying the slogan will always net a worse response than a substantive question of policy, which is typically far more supported. People's imaginations can run wild with "Defund the Police," but "Circumventing bloated police budgets to other areas and restricting armed police presence to violent crime" is understandable and more accepted.

It matters because fans prefer to watch sporting events. If they wanted to watch political messages, they would watch news outlets such as MSNBC, CNN, and Fox News.
This didn't answer the question. What is the substantive issue of professional sports having, say, a 15% drop in ratings? Professional sports have far too much money tied up in them to disappear over something that, even with a drop, is the highest rated thing on the network that night. Enough of the platitudes.

The point is, for being a part of the "anti-minority" party, he is getting some support from Blacks and Hispanics.
There will always be those who have politics that are more in line with one political mode of thought than the other. Abortion, Anti-Tax, etc. often break across racial barriers, for a variety of different reasons.

Aside from the overt racism, the modern Democratic party's consistent grip on the minority vote also has to do with the way the Black political class has molded itself after huge victories during the Civil Rights Movement in the 60's into pushing the seeming consensus of "The Black Vote," which has thoroughly depressed the political process into a matter not of substantive policy but race, particularly in the South, where civil rights were so desperately needed. Neither party will budge on actually improving the issues that most Black Americans identify with because they both are right-wing in nature and therefore purveyors of inequality, but the Democratic party of the 60's onward leaned more toward Third Way politics and wasn't the one openly courting the racists, so that's what people remember. See Adolph Reed, Jr. discussing this in terms of South Carolina politics here. A tl;dr:

"For more than forty years neither Republicans nor Democrats have sought to address Americans' decreasing standard of living and increasing economic insecurity. Both parties have subordinated voters' concerns to the interests of Wall Street and corporations. Therefore, in states like South Carolina Democratic party politics is fundamentally transactional, where people are habituated to making electoral choices based on considerations like personal relationships or more local concerns that do not center so much on national policy issues. In effect politics—or at least electoral politics—has been redefined as not the appropriate domain for trying to pursue policies that address people's actual material concerns like health care, education, jobs and wages, or housing."

Last edited:

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
This Blair White?

View attachment 17419

A face mask, literally a face mask LMAO. Also, I doubt y’all actually watched those videos and call her a “racist” on 2 video titles and her wearing a peel off beauty mask. Also, like I said earlier the BLM movement is nothing but a social media trend where people like to post shit when victim 1019337474847438 is killed by yet another police officer. Personally I think the movement itself is trash too, does that make me a racist? No. Someone can be against certain movements without holding bigoted views or hate towards a certain race. I’m against the straight pride movement, does that make me heterophobic? I’m also against the sexualisation of the gay pride movement, does that make me homophobic? No. It’s like a never ending cycle.

Whenever people try to prove Blair is a racist they always bring up the facemask picture, you really think she’s doing “Blackface” by posting a pic of her wearing a face mask and a caption just to piss off people? She’s literally trolling people with that post in order for them to be pissed off and, well... it clearly worked if people are still mad about it after 4 years.

Also being against a certain religion, doesn’t make you racist. Islam isn’t a race and there are white, black, brown Muslims around the globe. I don’t necessarily agree with her on islamophobia because it’s everybody’s choice to believe in what they want, but labelling people a racist for being against a religion is kinda dumb. If she was against Christianity I doubt anyone would’ve said something. Personally I am against the countries that have the Islam as state religion. Since in every single one of those countries gay and lesbian people get thrown in jail, murdered or stoned to death as a sentence. In Iran gay men get forced to transition to a woman or go to jail. I am against Christianity and every other religion that portrays being gay as a sin.

And before anyone thinks I’m a hypocrite for not being against the Islam itself, but against the countries holding it as a state law. There’s a difference between basing your entire law system around a certain religion and forcing people to live by that and get thrown in jail and believing in a religion without forcing others to also believe in it.

Last edited:

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I didn't say she was a racist, I said she was a provocateur who was fundamentally unserious about politics and more interested in provoking a reaction and getting attention rather than having substantive dialogue about anything. I've had the unfortunate pleasure of watching a Blair White video or two in my time, and much like Milo Yiannopoulos and Lauren Southern, they have nothing to say other than vague, shallow critiques of social movements and social justice with an edgelord facade that would make a 15-year old blush.

That they would be considered serious actors in a political debate is ludicrous, and that is a judgement made from having viewed their content and what they have to say.

Islamophobia is, by definition, the inherent position that followers of Islam (a number somewhere in the billions) are backwards and incompatible with western society. A prejudiced position at best, to be clear.

Onryoki

So you watched two videos of her instead of one. Wow, what an accomplishment! 17420
She provokes, people that are easily provoked. If people would listen, they would see she makes some good points about certain topics. I don’t agree with all of her stances on Islam. I think majority of the religions are incompatible with the western society, especially if it sets back and demonises homosexuality.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
What is one good point that Blair White has posited?

She provokes, people that are easily provoked.
I don't think it's unreasonable for anyone to see her use a face mask to imitate blackface and mock the identities of those she doesn't agree with and think it is, at best, poor taste. Provocation, when not done by hacks, is usually done with some sort of purpose other than cruelty. I don't know what her point is, because there isn't one.

Onryoki

What is one good point that Blair White has posited?

I don't think it's unreasonable for anyone to see her use a face mask to imitate blackface and mock the identities of those she doesn't agree with and think it is, at best, poor taste. Provocation, when not done by hacks, is usually done with some sort of purpose other than cruelty. I don't know what her point is, because there isn't one.
I am not gonna list every good point she makes, watch her videos. It pretty much is, since she doesn’t try to look like a black person. Wearing a face mask that’s literally velvet black doesn’t equate to black face, even if she uses the BLM hashtag.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I am not gonna list every good point she makes, watch her videos. It pretty much is, since she doesn’t try to look like a black person. Wearing a face mask that’s literally velvet black doesn’t equate to black face, even if she uses the BLM hashtag.
She's not a critical thinker though. She's not trying to start a dialogue, or inform people, or make well researched and thought out points. Her article that you linked relies on a pretty crazy and thin leap in logic. If her videos are anything Ike that it's pretty clear what her goal is. Like @KingHippo said, her whole thing is being paid to "trigger the liberals" by writing, saying, and doing crazy offensive things. She's the equivalent of eating Twinkies for dinner.

Honesty, just try and get your news from a real news source for 2 weeks. Stay away from the online and youtube click bait. Here's a list of some decent places:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/berlinschoolofcreativeleadership/2017/02/01/10-journalism-brands-where-you-will-find-real-facts-rather-than-alternative-facts/#7eeb4430e9b5

If you want something with a conservative bend, go with National Review. Either way though, try and find something substantive that is actually fact based and informative, and not slop meant to drive clicks.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Putting citizens who were or looked Japanese into internment camps. That wasn't cool either.
Or destroying entire Native American families/communities/culture and shipping them off to "boarding schools". God is supposed to be infinite but hey that collection pot looking dry so let's fix that. Barr is doing a great job undermining institutions, fantastic top cop to undermine laws.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Natives got it the worst in America, still do. Not that it's a competition or anything but for fucks sake, a lot of these statistics would sound fake they're so bad.
There's a sociology of race college course I took that is truly illuminating and I wish it was required because they highlight the different minority groups and people tend to put them all in one box even though it contextually doesn't work. Native Americans and African Americans fell under the "colonized people" demographic and with that comes different challenges that other immigrant or minority groups may not deal with such as total cultural destruction, destruction of family units etc. You can have someone from Asia and they can likely tell you the exact country they hail from on all sides of the family whereas you ask someone that is African American or Native and they either cannot say or their connection has been irrevocably broken. I as a black man cannot answer where my actual ancestors have roots from (could be Senegal, Kenya etc but it's not known to me or my mother, grandmother or great grandmother. People can say what they want, but that type of cultural destruction fucks with people. It's not about blaming anyone if you destroyed anyone's culture and history, white, native or black they're gonna suffer from it in some way. Contrary to what people may believe everything we do ripples for countless years. Generational trauma is very real. People might overcome but it doesn't mean everyone will or that people shouldn't take a long hard look at these types of things.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
There's a sociology of race college course I took that is truly illuminating and I wish it was required because they highlight the different minority groups and people tend to put them all in one box even though it contextually doesn't work. Native Americans and African Americans fell under the "colonized people" demographic and with that comes different challenges that other immigrant or minority groups may not deal with such as total cultural destruction, destruction of family units etc. You can have someone from Asia and they can likely tell you the exact country they hail from on all sides of the family whereas you ask someone that is African American or Native and they either cannot say or their connection has been irrevocably broken. I as a black man cannot answer where my actual ancestors have roots from (could be Senegal, Kenya etc but it's not known to me or my mother, grandmother or great grandmother. People can say what they want, but that type of cultural destruction fucks with people. It's not about blaming anyone if you destroyed anyone's culture and history, white, native or black they're gonna suffer from it in some way. Contrary to what people may believe everything we do ripples for countless years. Generational trauma is very real. People might overcome but it doesn't mean everyone will or that people shouldn't take a long hard look at these types of things.
It's the type of damage that is so difficult to quantify when it comes to the all encompassing type of cultural destruction we're talking about. The USA is still a really young country all things being considered, which I think is easy for people to forget because of all the advances in technology and whatnot. The reason I say that is because the destruction of Native culture as they knew it is still fresh and recent. The desperation, confusion, extreme poverty, and the fact that some of these reservations are basically third world countries in the middle of what is in the scheme of the world a thriving country, etc.. is why we see such crazy drug, alcohol abuse, and violence of any nature you could imagine.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The problem, as always, is that the slogan is what is politicized, and not actual concrete policy, so saying the slogan will always net a worse response than a substantive question of policy, which is typically far more supported.
Actually, if you watch conservative news media, the overwhelming majority of the criticism focuses on policies, not the slogan. Ben Shapiro, and before you roll your eyes, please listen to the argument, states that the words Black Lives Matter are "semantically loaded" because they convey three different meanings: the first one being that black lives matter as the words suggest, the second one referring to the movement and organization Black Lives Matter, and the third one being the insinuation that America is systemically racist. Nobody in mainstream America is denying the first, but the second and third are politicized because they are political in nature and hence the arguments.

This didn't answer the question. What is the substantive issue of professional sports having, say, a 15% drop in ratings? Professional sports have far too much money tied up in them to disappear over something that, even with a drop, is the highest rated thing on the network that night. Enough of the platitudes.
The issue is not the money. The issue is that a large number of the fan base, apparently the NFL's more so than the NBA's, dislikes political messages in sports.

Neither party will budge on actually improving the issues that most Black Americans identify with because they both are right-wing in nature and therefore purveyors of inequality...
I am certain that your definition of "improving" involves massive government intervention and wealth distribution, and anyone who disagrees is "right-wing in nature" and a "purveyor of inequality." The reality is there are alternative solutions to poverty and inequity, and before you attempt to portray the U.S. as a cruel country that ignores the poor, you may examine these data. The point is that the government, aside from protecting people's rights and safety, cannot help anyone live a dignified life. Only the individual can do so.