What's new

F Champ Receives Lifetime Ban, Racism in the FGC/USA, and Other Prevalent Social Discussions

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I would like to hear a specific proposition on how to prevent gun violence that could actually work and be implemented? I think surely everyone would find that agreeable. For the reason I mentioned in my last post, nothing can be done, it is impossible to improve it.

Anarchist_Gib

Shao Kahn main, please your send prayers!
I would like to hear a specific proposition on how to prevent gun violence that could actually work and be implemented? I think surely everyone would find that agreeable. For the reason I mentioned in my last post, nothing can be done, it is impossible to improve it.
A) Bump stocks and gatling triggers into controlled NFA
B) Clarity on the part of a NICS response with a series of codes to allow consumers to know the probable reasons behind a delay/deny
C) improved appeal process so stonewalled purchasers are less inclined to pursue private sales
D) An abandonment of current ATF definitions of firearms. According to them, a Mossberg shotgun with at least 16 inches is a shotgun, but a 14 inch barrel example of the same receiver with a bird-head style grip is signed off on the form 4473 as "other".
E) Better training on the part of ATF field agents in regards to current and upcoming legislation( if you guys knew some of the shit I've seen agents say and do....)
F) I endorse Texas's method of firearms licensing. In Missouri, there are things like certain jurisdictions that don't even require a CHL to conceal carry, leading to intense confusion in regards to what is and isn't allowed where you are. In Texas, the LTC is a universal license that enables both open and conceal carry, with no room for confusion per jurisdiction.
G) The option for private sellers to make use of NICS services, for a fee comparable to current employer background checks.

These were the first examples that came to mind, I'm sure I could go on all day on how to improve the system for all parties involved.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
When it comes to guns in the US, the genie is out of the bottle . There are so many legal and illegal weapons out there that no matter what regulations you put on future sales it would almost be a moot point. Just too many guns bouncing around, anyone who truly wants one could get one.
I break with a lot of my softer left friends on this. Marginalized/minority communities should get armed, if only to give militia dicks like the ones we've seen in Kenosha a moment's pause before they decide to attack.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Decrease the number of guns.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Illegalize all possession of firearms not owned by members of active duty military/law enforcement, or licensed shooting ranges.

For all those who already posses firearms outside exceptions confiscate them and give payment under Eminent Domain.
Yeah good luck pulling that off, between Texas and Florida alone you gotta take over 1 million registered guns, that will not end well. Plus with everything going on do you reallyyyyyy want cops to be the ONLY people with guns?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Government buyback programs. Limit the amount of guns people can own. Pour mind control serum into people's drinking water. The usual stuff.
Well, limiting the amount of guns people own wouldn't overcome the fact that there are already millions of guns out there. Not to mention, you only need one gun to shoot people with, it is almost always handguns (which is why I wish the people who don't understand guns like the AR-15 would stfu about it, but that's another thing). The buyback program might actually be good for a few of these guns out there though, that may be a worthy incentive for some. But then all you're doing is taking guns away from people who obviously have no ill will with them if they're willing to just sell all your guns, so really the proportion of bad gun owners to good ones will just get worse.

Not that I like this situation, but the bottom line is that guns can't and won't go anywhere, all you can do is responsibly own one yourself.

Anarchist_Gib

Well, limiting the amount of guns people own wouldn't overcome the fact that there are already millions of guns out there. Not to mention, you only need one gun to shoot people with, it is almost always handguns (which is why I wish the people who don't understand guns like the AR-15 would stfu about it, but that's another thing). The buyback program might actually be good for a few of these guns out there though, that may be a worthy incentive for some. But then all you're doing is taking guns away from people who obviously have no ill will with them if they're willing to just sell all your guns, so really the proportion of bad gun owners to good ones will just get worse.

Not that I like this situation, but the bottom line is that guns can't and won't go anywhere, all you can do is responsibly own one yourself.
Funny enough it's actually easier to track weapons when people buy many of them, thanks to forms like the Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Pistols and Revolvers, which is mandatory for any purchase of two or more handguns. The form gets filed separately from the broader 4473 with both the ATF and the local police department.

Attachments

Yeah good luck pulling that off, between Texas and Florida alone you gotta take over 1 million registered guns, that will not end well. Plus with everything going on do you reallyyyyyy want cops to be the ONLY people with guns?
The vaaaaast majority of those who own illegal substances in the US do not get prosecuted for it. Our inability to prosecute everyone in violation of the law shouldn't prevent us from having them on the books. Those who would keep their guns in defiance of regulation- let them risk prosecution.

Cops having guns isn't the issue. Cops using them with all the discretion of Yosemite Sam is.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The vaaaaast majority of those who own illegal substances in the US do not get prosecuted for it. Our inability to prosecute everyone in violation of the law shouldn't prevent us from having them on the books. Those who would keep their guns in defiance of regulation- let them risk prosecution.

Cops having guns isn't the issue. Cops using them with all the discretion of Yosemite Sam is.
How would you go about prosecuting millions of people at a time? Do they all just get thrown in the slammer? Fined? What?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/26/juvenile-arrested-in-shooting-death-of-2-at-kenosha-protest.html

"
One victim was shot in the head and the other in the chest, Sheriff David Beth told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. A third person suffered gunshot wounds not believed to be life-threatening.

According to witness accounts and video footage, police apparently let the young man responsible for the shootings walk past them with a rifle over his shoulder as members of the crowd were yelling for him to be arrested because he had shot people.

The sheriff told the Journal Sentinel that armed people had been patrolling the city’s streets in recent nights, but he did not know if the gunman was among them.

“They’re a militia,” Beth said. “They’re like a vigilante group.”

"

That just seems incredibly messed up.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/26/juvenile-arrested-in-shooting-death-of-2-at-kenosha-protest.html

"
One victim was shot in the head and the other in the chest, Sheriff David Beth told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. A third person suffered gunshot wounds not believed to be life-threatening.

According to witness accounts and video footage, police apparently let the young man responsible for the shootings walk past them with a rifle over his shoulder as members of the crowd were yelling for him to be arrested because he had shot people.

The sheriff told the Journal Sentinel that armed people had been patrolling the city’s streets in recent nights, but he did not know if the gunman was among them.

“They’re a militia,” Beth said. “They’re like a vigilante group.”

"

That just seems incredibly messed up.
Of course it's incredibly messed up, you're preaching to the choir here, my school shooter just walked straight in to my school with his gun.

It's all kinds of fucked up, my point is you can't stop it, you can either stay strapped or get clapped.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
So the far left in this thread would like to distribute wealth, abolish the police, confiscate guns from law-abiding citizens. Anything else?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Seems pretty grim. Not sure more people carrying guns in a highly emotional charged state makes me feel safer.
Im not saying it isn't grim, it's definitely not an enjoyable situation. Having a gun and understanding the weapon and how it works, obtaining it legally to protect yourself and your family should make you feel safer, and will in actuality make you safer as well though.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Im not saying it isn't grim, it's definitely not an enjoyable situation. Having a gun and understanding the weapon and how it works, obtaining it legally to protect yourself and your family should make you feel safer, and will in actuality make you safer as well though.
I don't think owning a firearm makes me safer. https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/do-guns-make-us-safer-science-suggests-no/

But if someone else wants to own a firearm to make themselves feel safer, and obtains it legally and goes through all the safety courses, fine by me. I'd prefer though that that firearm doesn't have a 100 round magazine and the ability to fire automatic, and that people be limited to a reasonable number and class of firearms. Ongoing background checks, say every 2 years, and a limit on the amount of ammunition someone can own wouldn't hurt either.

Anarchist_Gib

"Hemenway noted that one commonly cited statistic about guns—that 2.5 million people use them each year to defend themselves or their property — is based on faulty analysis from a 1990s study "

This is just false. The number was derived from a 2013 study looking at the time from the mentioned 1990 study that Kleck analyzed to 2012. Those numbers of DGUs did indeed range from 200,000 to 2.5 million.

https://www.nap.edu/read/18319/chapter/1#ix

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
A cop shoots an unarmed black man in the back seven times for breaking up a fight.
All hell breaks loose.
The national guard is sent it.
Militia men show up and start shit on top of it.
Blame BLM and the rioters for everything.

Trump logic.

I'm so fucking tired of this.
You're either disengenuous or another armchair superhero. If you were a cop, you'd be the poor bastard laid out on the side of the road leaving his kid without a father.

The Jacob Blake incident that started all of this was the result of a suspect deliberately and continuously disregarding orders until the officers felt threatened.

Do you know what happens when you let an "unarmed" suspect deliberately and continuously disregard an officer's orders?

If you don't want to watch (it's heart wrenching): 22-year-old deputy pulls over older war vet for speeding. Driver is unhinged and belligerent, disobeys orders for over a minute, approaches driver's side door and starts reaching into truck, deputy allows it for nearly 30 seconds before ID'ing a rifle, another 20 seconds go by and a firefight ensues. Deputy is shot multiple times and disabled before the driver approaches and executes him with a headshot (off camera).

Popular one going around. Two troopers try to arrest driver, he fights them non-stop even through being tased extensively. Breaks free, approaches driver's side door and reaches in, troopers resist firing their weapons, driver pulls out a gun and opens fire on both troopers. The trooper that hopped the rail was hit, severing his femoral artery. Thankfully he didn't die, but he was in a coma for 12 days and had to relearn how to walk, talk, and swallow.

In both cases... Sorry... The unarmed person should've been shot. Rather tried by 12 than carried by 6.

--------------

As for the riot shooting... The 17-year-old is on film being attacked twice by multiple people swarming him. Videos are there to be seen, go find them.

Two angles of the the first shooting shows him running away while being chased by multiple people, the victim throwing something at him. Then when they get near the cars and close in, you hear the shots and the man goes down with a shot to the head.

Later video shows the shooter still being chased, falls to the ground and has multiple guys charge him. The flying curb stomp guy gets lucky. The skateboard guy that grabs his gun isn't lucky and is shot in the chest. The third guy holding the Glock feigns retreat with his hands up before he charges the guy and gets shot in the arm. The rest scatter, shooter continues walking away and apparently turned himself over to police.

Some of you guys apparently want people to just sit there and take what's coming to them, like the drivers being swarmed by peaceful protesters.

Oh and just a reminder of what happens when peaceful protesters swarm you and/or you don't obey them....

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updates-protests-for-racial-justice/2020/08/26/906145086/3-shot-1-fatally-in-kenosha-wis-as-protests-continue-over-police-shooting

"
A Facebook group calling itself the Kenosha Guard posted a message Wednesday saying it was not sure if a shooter had answered the group's call to arms. The group had been open to the public as of Wednesday morning, but has since disappeared. NPR took screen grabs of messages posted to it before it was blocked from public view.

"We are unaware if the armed citizen was answering the Kenosha Guard Militia's call to arms," the statement said. "Just like with the shooting of Jacob Blake, we need all the facts and evidence to come out before we make a judgement. God Bless and stay safe Kenosha!"

"

It might be anecdotal, but here's a clear case where a bunch of private citizens walking around with guns clearly did not make the situation safer one bit.