What's new

F Champ Receives Lifetime Ban, Racism in the FGC/USA, and Other Prevalent Social Discussions

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Nobody said racism doesn't exist.

The problem is a lot of people are beginning to seek legal repercussions for things said in jest because they're an easy target - this does nothing to combat ACTUAL racism.

Someone like Ryan who has spent a good portion of his life in the FGC (and being non-white himself, also a factor) is obviously not an actual racist.

People are saying the FGC is soooo toxic, conviently forgetting it's also the most inclusive community alive. We literally got everybody.

It takes somebody with the emotional intelligence of a child to genuinely be this upset over a picture of a watermelon. If you think it's in bad taste, fine, and i totally agree, but people are taking this shit way too seriously.
I do not disagree with you about the FGC being hugely inclusive. But I think this incident is just as much about the top-tier players feeling themselves enough as being untouchable that they really think the dumb shit they do along these lines can fly without consequence. Somebody had to be the first big head to roll. I will also say that by the standards of disgusting shit that's been said and done in the FGC that haven't had any consequences, this might not even be near the top of the mountain. If it ends with FChamp, and NONE of the other bigger offenders who are still at large but make too much stream revenue to draw the ire of Capcom and the like are also dealt with, THAT would be a huge and unjust inconsistency in itself. You can't bury one and let the rest roam free.

Agilaz

It has begun
I do not disagree with you about the FGC being hugely inclusive. But I think this incident is just as much about the top-tier players feeling themselves enough as being untouchable that they really think the dumb shit they do along these lines can fly without consequence. Somebody had to be the first big head to roll. I will also say that by the standards of disgusting shit that's been said and done in the FGC that haven't had any consequences, this might not even be near the top of the mountain. If it ends with FChamp, and NONE of the other bigger offenders who are still at large but make too much stream revenue to draw the ire of Capcom and the like are also dealt with, THAT would be a huge and unjust inconsistency in itself. You can't bury one and let the rest roam free.
Out of curiosity, who do you consider to be the biggest offenders? The one person I see mentioned often is LTG. I can see why, but considering everything is known about him, why would anybody put in time, effort and energy into cancelling him?

He doesn't give a shit. His fans don't give a shit.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Out of curiosity, who do you consider to be the biggest offenders? The one person I see mentioned often is LTG. I can see why, but considering everything is known about him, why would anybody put in time, effort and energy into cancelling him?

He doesn't give a shit. His fans don't give a shit.
In a word? Consistency. It isn't fair to let certain people get the axe and not others.

I had my bio from before MK11 came out, before Shang was confirmed to be in the game.

Case in point that you people will throw a fit over literally anything.

And before you REEEE at me, by "you people" I mean you staunch social justice warriors
I'm not sure what having it in your bio before the game came has to do with anything.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I assume it's suppose to be a joke, a play on #BlackLivesMatter?

You don't think it's in poor taste?

But that's not the point I guess. You believe we're overreacting and some of us feel we've been underreacting for too long.

I doubt either of us will convince the other of their viewpoints so we're at an impasse.

Agilaz

It has begun
I'm not sure what having it in your bio before the game came has to do with anything.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I assume it's suppose to be a joke, a play on #BlackLivesMatter?

You don't think it's in poor taste?

But that's not the point I guess. You believe we're overreacting and some of us feel we've been underreacting for too long.

I doubt either of us will convince the other of their viewpoints so we're at an impasse.
BLM was dormant at the time, so no, not in poor taste, and I'm not going to change it now for the benefit of a social lobbyist group.

And you're right, we might be at an impasse but it was never my intention to change anybody's mind.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
A guy with #shanglivesmatters on his bio trying to minimize a racist post checks out.

I'm confident you know this and are just being wilfully ignorant, but obviously we've reached a breaking point in regards to racism so when someone makes an active choice to add to that pile of sh*t people are justified in their anger.
Just look at what posts he's liked throughout this entire thread. He's a trash level concern troll, fooling absolutely nobody.

Notice how he uses terms such as 'REEEE' and 'social justice warriors' as well? Mocking autism and also using far right terms (still don't get how wanting social justice is an insult, you want people treated equally? SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR, OWNEDDDDD). So edgy bro, you don't give a fuck about people.

He's a walking terminology book from the depths of 4chan. I just hope for his sake that he's not an adult.

He's complaining about getting "canceled" while Mike Z had a similar incident and got off without the same consequences... but he's not bothering to do what MIke Z did- sincerely apologize then shut up. Seriously- imagine complaining you've been refused any second chance while at the same time complaining someone else got a second chance after they actually owned up to it.

If you apologize and then all your supporters are backing you up by saying you never did anything wrong in the first place, that's a huge sign your apology was never real

"Cancel culture" is a problem when it fails to recognize that humans sometimes make mistakes and disallows them from making appropriate amends. This isn't that case.

Agilaz

It has begun
Just look at what posts he's liked throughout this entire thread. He's a trash level concern troll, fooling absolutely nobody.

Notice how he uses terms such as 'REEEE' and 'social justice warriors' as well? Mocking autism and also using far right terms (still don't get how wanting social justice is an insult, you want people treated equally? SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR, OWNEDDDDD). So edgy bro, you don't give a fuck about people.

He's a walking terminology book from the depths of 4chan. I just hope for his sake that he's not an adult.
If you've got something to say to me, tag me next time.

You're right, I don't really give a fuck about people. I don't owe you anything. Why are you relying on others to improve your conditions?

haketh

Noob
He's complaining about getting "canceled" while Mike Z had a similar incident and got off without the same consequences... but he's not bothering to do what MIke Z did- sincerely apologize then shut up. Seriously- imagine complaining you've been refused any second chance while at the same time complaining someone else got a second chance after they actually owned up to it.

If you apologize and then all your supporters are backing you up by saying you never did anything wrong in the first place, that's a huge sign your apology was never real

"Cancel culture" is a problem when it fails to recognize that humans sometimes make mistakes and disallows them from making appropriate amends. This isn't that case.
Mike’s never had a history of doing dumbass racist shit, had already been working on supporting Black initiatives, actually has friends that are still giving him shit about this & working on not being a moron. Champ went on stream & had Hiro & CJShowstopper on stream in the background for a “I got black friends” defense.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I don't think it's a meltdown. I just think we're (hopefully) getting to a point where people stop pretending that racism doesn't exist, and start actually calling people out for racist attitudes and remarks.

The good old days of "Americans being presented as the big bad fearless badasses" was great for some people, but it was also a time where we simply ignored a lot of the problems going on around us. Ignoring a problem doesn't solve it though.
Truth.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
It's not a meltdown over a Twitter post. It's shitty people being held accountable for their shitty actions for once. How that can be construed as a bad thing by anyone other than maybe people with their own shitty skeletons in the social media closet, I have no earthly idea.

And America had never been a nation of the big bad fearless badasses like it portrays itself to be. It's a country literally founded and built on genocide, slavery, and war, the badass image is nothing but a bad caricature to whitewash all the blood and bodies, and insecure people hiding behind patriotism, guns, and shitty mass manufactured tactical gear so they can call themselves Patriots and pretend they matter is another stupid stereotype I'd love to see done away with in my lifetime, but hey, one problem at a time.
More truth

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Man when did I ever imply otherwise? You're acting as if I was pretending to be a philanthropist who turned coat.

Quit the shit, stop depending on other people to do the heavy lifting for you. Nobody owes you anything for any reason.
Then stay in your fucking lane and shut the fuck up entering threads about racism if you "don't give a fuck about people". You obviously have no intention to comment in good faith. Keep on stanning for racists though bro.

Second half of your comment is just an utter mess. What the actual fuck are you on about? :REO

Agilaz

It has begun
Then stay in your fucking lane and shut the fuck up entering threads about racism if you "don't give a fuck about people". You obviously have no intention to comment in good faith. Keep on stanning for racists though bro.

Second half of your comment is just an utter mess. What the actual fuck are you on about? :REO
Not stanning for racists, frankly I'm kinda hoping both your side of idiots and the other side of idiots get shipped to a remote island where you can kill each other and let us normal people live our lives in peace.

Other than that, you don't get to decide where I comment. If it's twisting your panties, block me and move on. I wasn't the one talking shit about you.

And please stop scanning threads to see what comments I react to. Shit's creepy.

Agilaz

It has begun
Elaborate.
Every single BLM supporter I have seen or interacted with, has always taken a roundabout way of saying donate, promote, do this or the other for black people for no other reason than their skin colour.

I'm not in favour of showing support for anybody or anything based on what colour their skin is and apparently that means I hate black people, go figure.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Elaborate.
Yeah I'm curious about this too. Sounds like some next level "black people do nothing to improve their own situation" racist shit to me.

Not stanning for racists, frankly I'm kinda hoping both your side of idiots and the other side of idiots get shipped to a remote island where you can kill each other and let us normal people live our lives in peace.

Other than that, you don't get to decide where I comment. If it's twisting your panties, block me and move on. I wasn't the one talking shit about you.

And please stop scanning threads to see what comments I react to. Shit's creepy.

That's you right now. Coward in the middle. It's simple bro, you're either racist or you're not. It's THAT fucking simple, to be in the middle is to be apathetic towards racism and a silent supporter of it.

I can scan whatever the fuck I like. Especially when it comes to exposing concern trolls.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Every single BLM supporter I have seen or interacted with, has always taken a roundabout way of saying donate, promote, do this or the other for black people for no other reason than their skin colour.

I'm not in favour of showing support for anybody or anything based on what colour their skin is and apparently that means I hate black people, go figure.
Anndddddddd there we have it.

Fucking LOL.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.

You need to stop posting. Your argument is not going anywhere but showing your own ignorance and stupidity for everyone to see.

Agree to disagree and keep it moving.

Agilaz

It has begun
Yeah I'm curious about this too. Sounds like some next level "black people do nothing to improve their own situation" racist shit to me.

That's you right now. Coward in the middle. It's simple bro, you're either racist or you're not. It's THAT fucking simple, to be in the middle is to be apathetic towards racism and a silent supporter of it.

I can scan whatever the fuck I like. Especially when it comes to exposing concern trolls.
Yeah I'll stay in the middle cause I have actual real life shit to worry about and not about what some nobody says to me on the internet. Take your "with me or against me" bullshit somewhere else. I literally couldn't give a shit anymore. Don't talk to me about racism as if I as a white person never experienced it.

And no, I'm not giving black people my money just because they're black. What is this fucking insanity? Why would I??

Agilaz

It has begun
You need to stop posting. Your argument is not going anywhere but showing your own ignorance and stupidity for everyone to see.

Agree to disagree and keep it moving.
Honestly, I feel a lot of you here have gone off the deep end. I literally only said that I'm not making decisions based on skin colour. Which is the entire definition of a non-racist. Yet people here think that makes me racist. Am I missing something? Is my English that bad?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
so let me get this straight we cant say Xlivesmatters anymore or we canceled if we arent black? Banned sentenced world wide. gotcha
I think it's more that if you make racist jokes, and have a history of being a trash bag, and then make insincere apologies when people finally call you out on it, you get cancelled because you're clearly not the best the fgc has to offer.