What's new

Breakthrough Explain

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Weird. The game definitely has some whack properties if you hold up during block stun like after Cage's f3 while you're crouching, maybe there are moves that have whack properties in hit stun as well. Has anyone tried re-creating it?

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Jumping has something to do with it...you see Cyrax jump back.

It's Komplete Edition specific, I know that much.
That's what the commentators speculated at the time, but no one actually bothered to go back and see if it was possible with the original version.

This has happened to me 3 or so times over 4 years of maining Sub.

No idea what causes it other than the opponent trying to jump out. It's probably based on a just frame as well.

Hitoshura

Head Cage

At the 43 second mark..... wtf was that???
I believe it's a glitch. It may have something to do with hitting noob while he's in the beginning frames of throwing a shadow out, but one has to be hitting Noob while jumping over him. The tackle will connect when noob does any target combo that involves a clone of himself in the animation. There was a similar glitch, but involving his wakeup. The shadow clone would explode into some bright green stuff causing the combo to end. One can pick it up, but you have to be expecting it. @D. R. made a video explaining the green exploding glitch. Maybe he may know why this would happen.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
This is a glitch that I am sure they patched out. There was a version where sometimes Sub's Iceball effect would not reset after a combo and when you would hit your opponent with an Iceball again it would act as if they were already frozen and just do damage.

The Noob thing was explained in full detail by @D. R. in a thread.

I'm sure it has something to do with his hitbox as well.

Cyrax is one of the minuscule handful of characters that gets hit by corner clone+slide setups. Like after a 212~clone you can naked non-EX slide or cancel into slide from any block string (i.e. 22~slide, b1/2~slide, etc) and the slide knocks him into the clone.

This is a glitch that I am sure they patched out. There was a version where sometimes Sub's Iceball effect would not reset after a combo and when you would hit your opponent with an Iceball again it would act as if they were already frozen and just do damage.

The Noob thing was explained in full detail by @D. R. in a thread.
Nah, this isn't that. Besides the fact this happened to me not that long ago, you can see it true-combos into 212 after B121 for 41%. Sub can't do that much midscreen without Ice Beam.