What's new

Expectations for the next anniversary?

I hope they go big with the End of Time leak being true but it doesn't seem realistic. I'll take anything at this point.

I've given up playing Kombat League and would prefer a Krypt Expansion over new Kharacters at this point.

I can definitely see NRS capitalizing off the movie with skin packs and maybe Kharacter voice packs.

Add more Stage Fatalities or Stage Animalities. There's a creature on every stage.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Always have low to no expectations when it comes to most things. That way you will never be disappointed but only ever pleasantly surprised.

smoke420

Noob
i've done seen leaks about npc... so i think we'll get cyrax and sektor

they are basically done characters. wouldnt be hard at all to finish. their in the game.

thats all im expecting, if they dont its just a fuck you to mk11. again, their in the damn game already

they are basically done characters. wouldnt be hard at all to finish. their in the game.
I hope this happens, not because i'm particularly fond of the characters... i just want see the community outcry.

"Errrmmahhgard... they're making us pay for something that's already in the game! This is literally the laziest thing they could have done! They couldn't even change X/Y!"

It's going to be fun!

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
If they do make them playable it'll still be a huge amount of work. All thats done is one of their models. No alts or anything. They still need new moves, intros, outros, finishers and Fatal Blows. If anything the model is probably the easiest part of it all.

But this is just a recycled discussion from MKX. Where everyone and their mother swore we were getting a Story NPC pack with Rain, Sindel and Baraka

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I wouldn't expect characters or a huge patch yet, but I could definitely see the movie skins.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Nothing, honestly. They've already set the standard that communication only occurs when they've got something new they're releasing super soon. No reason to expect anything until it's revealed.

MK11 could have another couple years of content in the pipeline... or the Ultimate release was the final content AND patch... or there's just a balance patch or two in the works... or there's 1 more kombat pack coming... or a totally new game will be revealed. Who fuckin knows. Not getting my hopes up.

If there is indeed anything happening it'll be revealed during the digital E3 in June since WB are confirmed as one of the major participating publishers. Best one can hope for prior is the usual Ed Boon teasers

Art Lean

Noob
Whilst I know he's gone on record to say he didn't enjoy Annihilation, he did lend his actual voice to that movie. "SUCKERRRRRS" indeed.

And I'm going to be bold as brass here, no one can ever say that MK21 is worse than Annihilation. MKA is fun in its own schlocky way, it's a true pizza and beer and MST3K pile of shit car-crash of a film, but it's barely got any credibility of its own (there's like two scenes I like on their own merits?). MK21 is a thousand times the movie that dumpster fire was.

How it ranks to MK95 is subjective. Both do things better than the other (as I've said before, a bit like the two Judge Dredd films). Both are fun in their own ways but most impressively of all, so different from one another.

How it ranks to fans in their late 30s or 40s who've been there since the start waiting for the MK movie to finally be made.... I'm still undecided, I don't ever want to speak for everyone, but personally as someone in that market, I find it very enjoyable and I'm 39 and been a fan since day one. 13 year old me originally hated MK95 because I wanted the MK2 live action ad from the Hellraiser team in movie-form. Instead I got a PG-13 supernatural version of Bloodsports 2 & 3 (with Daniel Bernhardt, who funnily enough later starred in MK Conquest). I didn't like it at first, but grew to love it for what it did right, especially in all the decades that followed for what "video game movies" proved to be.

Is the new film A-grade cinema? No. Fuck no. I love arthouse and nihilistic experimentation in my films. I like to think I know what a good film maybe is, but I also take MK live action productions on their own metric scale. Therefore, as far as I'm concerned, is it a decent entry into the MK live-action legacy? Hell yeah and better than almost everything that came before. I mean, fuck, Jax in Federation of Martial Arts yelling "where's Rain?" compared to this? The new film's fucking Apocalypse Now by comparison.