What's new

Expectations for the next anniversary?

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Do you have any expectations for the upcoming anniversary April 23th?

Are they going to surprise us with balance patches?
New DLC characters?
Free Cyrax and Sektor?
New movie skins? (Jax and Sonya pleaseee)

Or nothing at all?

MORDECA1

Noob
Good Topic. I want more content for the game, I know some people are eager for a new NRS game, but I'd love for MK11 to keep getting more chars, stages, story expansions.

Hopefully for the anniversary we can get something simple like skins.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I do think they will pull another round of DLC characters to capitalize on the movie but I expect a movie skins pack at the minimum.

Zviko

Noob
I expect KP3 announcement in April/May and release a month later with a balance patch that is going to sound good on paper but get old in 2 weeks like every other. And then 6 month wait for another shallow patch begins.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I would love more content for MK11 but I expect nothing from this. The game is pretty much done now content wise. At most we'll get a skin pack to coincide with the new movie, but absolutely nothing more.

Maybe some skins or something? I don't expect much, definitely not any free characters or anything meaningful at all really.

Last edited:

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
I'd much rather see a major update rather than new content but, with that date being 3 weeks off now, I'm beginning to suspect we're done.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The lack of communication from NRS has been disappointing, to put it mildly, but I'd be surprised if we don't see at least one more patch. Whether that means just putting a 50-hp bandaid on under-performing characters or actually attempting to make meaningful balance tweaks, we'll just have to wait and see.

Art Lean

Noob
To be honest, I'm not expecting anything, I feel like they've clocked out (would be nice if at the very least they fix the graphical glitch in the kustomization screen for Shao Kahn's primitive barbarian skins though, the "luggage tag" is sticking and flicking out of his shoulder instead of hanging from his chest). I keep getting the very strong impression that November 2020's large array of DLC all dropping across a fortnight was sadly a final hurrah for the game.

I'd love to be wrong, in fact the MK95 skin pack came as the craziest surprise of something I never thought we'd get, so REALLY hoping we at least get something tied into the new movie in April (hell it would be just plain stupid not to - here you have a massive game that's still being supported, still played, still the latest in the franchise that equally importantly looks incredible with its motion and facial capture technology in order to transplant real actors with amazing results into the game, with a new movie coming out in just over two weeks that's raising loads of hype and excitement, all of which are entirely owned by Warner Bros; cross-promotion is just pure common sense)... but I'm also thoroughly expecting absolutely nothing to happen. :coffee:

And why have we never had a Shang announcer pack?!

DeftMonk

Noob
I am keeping an open mind honestly. Nrs has been very quiet during the entire life of the game but (afaik) hasn’t said anything about being done. They said they will support this game for years with a much longer plan of support than normal titles.

If they don’t keep that promise and the support cycle of this game ends up being shorter than mkx (along with the radio silence pretty much at all times about everything)... I will be more than a bit disappointed honestly.