What's new

Question Execution

Sektor is my second char, but I'm having trouble with execution of his specials, mainly TU after JK. I Don't wanna make this a long thread, I was just wondering whether noone else has/had those problems. It seems it's completely natural for a lot of players to be able to pull of those JK into TU or EXTU without any problems.

Don't be mistaken, I manage to do those moves too, I'm just very incostitent. It seems you have to be insanely fast with sektor, or do I just have wrong timing? Do you use negative edge with sektor's teleports? I've tried it myself, but I really don't like it/can't seem to get used to it.

How do you do JK, with 3 or 4? Every detail counts since I really want to become a better sektor player and pulling of those moves on a consistant basis is very important to me. I don't have any execution problems with my main sub zero and his combos seem to be extremely easier than sektors. But as I said, I also don't have problems with sektor combos that doesn't require JK teleports. Just that JK teleport cancel gives me huge problems and I've tried doing it every way possible but it don't seem I'm being any more consistant with it

HELP PLOX!!!

imo using 3 as your jump kick will make the link easier
Thanks jim! Actually I've already just came to the same conclusion recently when I was training. I find it much much easier to connect if using 3 instead of 4 for the kick. Another interesting thing I've just recently found about that game in general is that I make a lot of mistakes because I tend to do things actually to fast instead of too slow.

And I've nedeed almost one year of playing this game to found that problem. Example: when I dash and jump immediately after the dash I never could get my movement correctly. All the time to me it seemed something was wrong, like tha dash wasnt even coming out or something. When watching good players like you Raptor and Jim, I always notice that the biggest problem lays in my fundamentals and even the way I move, my footsies if u will. I always thought I was doing everything too slow. But only maybe a week ago I was starting to realize that my gameplay looks much better and much more similar to those of high level players if I do everything slower. I mean, of course every move and combe has slightly different timing, but in general, I tried doing everything way too fast.

Another interesting observation from my perspective: A lot of people's opinion is that you should do specials in this game with the rolling motion. I actually don't like that at all! I doesnt even seem that my specials would come out any quicker this way plus I whiff much more if doing rolling motions. Again, not all specials apply for this rule, I actually like to do some of them with rolling of my fingers and another with just pressing separate buttons quickly. For example, I whiff a lot of EX moves with the roll motions.

At the end of the day, it's interesting that I haven't ever came across any thread on this forum that would go in detail about different forms of execution, personal preference when it comes to certain moves and importance of right correct timing in everything, including the simple dash. It seems some people take those things for granted, but personally, it took me A LOT of time to figure those things out on my own.

Btw: I love you high level players, I think I've learned the most from you guys. Watching mk tournament footage and casuals has actually become my main thing to do when I have nothing else to do/when I'm waiting for someone/when I have time to spare.

My opion is that sector is actually not a very strong character with some sligtly unusual moves and playstyle, you gotta know how to mix it up and be able do it constantly if u know what I mean.

And yeah, hit confirming seems to be pretty hard with sector, it requiers fast reflexes, it's also kinda hard to get used to his extra small arm hitbox, at least for me. But I'm slowly getting better with him and I'm starting to like him more and more.

Btw: I'm so jelous of u americans sometimes, one of the things I wish the most is that we'd have some type of mk community in my country, instead of me having to do everything alone and not be able to have anyone to even "train" with me. That really sucks big time...

Actually , I have a friend on Steam, also from my country who is an insane player. His main is sector and I would even be brave enough to say that his sector is quite on par with yours. He plays nearly every char on insane level. The funny thing is that he doesn't even seem to go in to much detail about the game itself and have only played it online from the day it came out. But I can't really compete with him since he knows everybody and never drops a combo/reset. But the most annoying thing is that he's a jedi with pokes/reactions.

And he doesnt play with a hitbox :D

Actually what I wanted to say is that it's a shame those type of players never get any real chances to compete on your level cause we don't have any community here. We do have some community but only for "highly critically aclaimed" games like blazblue and similar, but nobody plays mk and injustice offline and on tourneys.