What's new

Video/Tutorial - Sonya Blade Execution Klass featuring Sonya Blade with "♪" cues

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Well, here it is, this took a lot of work, but the result is just insane, i think my audio cues and visual cues have reached full maturity, as before just an insight on how helpful this would be to nail down some harder execution characters.

I got some feedback from blind players on my lastest video and they suggested to use audio cues for directional inputs as well, so i deliver them, along with visual hints as the stick's hud being displayed in the video, link helpers and detonating lines.

Hope you guys enjoy

@colt if you consider this would be a god send for future NRS games.
@Ayase Chihaya
@emerc
@Clutch8
@lookgirlitsteejay
@FCP/EMP SCAR

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm confused, what's the point of this?
the audio cues help nailing execution, they also produce different sounds depending of what combo you do, some patterns are also affected by characters and so on.

The idea is, if NRS adds an option in future NRS games, where each one of the assigned buttons plays a specific note, learning combos, timing links and so on would be a time saver, they don't need to force into the player, but an option to turn on and off would be pretty useful to try harder execution characters.

Also, blind players reported recently that the audios are very helpful in order for them to do some combos, so its one more option they can have in order for better training.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
How do blind people play fighting games? Lol

Also I like this idea of the audio cues. I'm primarily an auditory learner so this is pretty cool.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
the audio cues help nailing execution, they also produce different sounds depending of what combo you do, some patterns are also affected by characters and so on.

The idea is, if NRS adds an option in future NRS games, where each one of the assigned buttons plays a specific note, learning combos, timing links and so on would be a time saver, they don't need to force into the player, but an option to turn on and off would be pretty useful to try harder execution characters.

Also, blind players reported recently that the audios are very helpful in order for them to do some combos, so its one more option they can have in order for better training.
ok, I guess I don't really get it because it's not something that would help me, but I believe you how it would help people.

Also how do blind people play this?

Mitsuownes

Grandmaster of the Shirai-Ryu
I hate the character, but that is oddly satisfying somehow. I like the sounds.

I can only imagine the work you put into this. Very well done.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Another great job Eddy, and I hate to repeat the question many have asked but blind people play this game? That's interesting to me.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Another great job Eddy, and I hate to repeat the question many have asked but blind people play this game? That's interesting to me.
since mk9 lol.

i have no idea how, but they do.

The sound you hear when near of an interactable was made to aid blind players.

Sogekking772

Who's next?
How do blind people play fighting games? Lol

Also I like this idea of the audio cues. I'm primarily an auditory learner so this is pretty cool.
I had no idea blind people play this game. It blows my mind . This is amazing and I think it's revolutionary. You did a great job
Just leaving this here for you :)

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I guess I just didn't understand because you were doing special forces combos with park drone. Since the nerf, park drone scales combos heavily and builds no meter. There's no reason other than swag to use it in combos. Only other time I can think it would be useful is to make b14 safe, but you might as well go for BLK+1 there.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I guess I just didn't understand because you were doing special forces combos with park drone. Since the nerf, park drone scales combos heavily and builds no meter. There's no reason other than swag to use it in combos. Only other time I can think it would be useful is to make b14 safe, but you might as well go for BLK+1 there.
Damage its not the purpose of the video tho.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
For those who are wondering about the blind people playing fighting games, here's the answer.

This guy is the proper example of the real blind person. You can notice his eyes being this small or red. Just go read this video's description.

The purpose of the audio there is to time down all the combos. Just like how we get used by muscle the combos, it's the same with the sound.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I get it now. It was more a demonstration of the capabilities of the software/setup and how it might aid in learning new combos.
And bring that casual barrier down.
It might also turn high execution barrier characters more playable due their timed links and muscle memory being difficult memorize.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Only after watching this and seeing that all I hear is someone smashing their hand on an electronic piano in random motion, I realised I am clueless at this game.

shura30

Shura
with a video editing software. And a bit of knowledge.
Can't you bind your controller buttons to a software piano or something like that?
That would be much much easier
pretty much like those speedrunners software that also show player's keypresses