What's new

Exact quote from Italian site says you can customize how characters look, aesthetically, not more

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I think creating your own variations will be point based.

Say you start with 10 points per variation, and each special has a designated amount of points fixed to it. For Kitana, maybe 1 point for a fan throw, 2 points for her lift, and 3 for some armored wakeup move we haven’t seen before.

I can’t imagine they’re going to let you slap on every single special there is for the character, it’d be a mess.

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
I think there will be an universal moveset to every character (2 variations that will be played competitively) and then differents specials that u can create ur own custom variation just like inj2

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
My own take on it is this, you get say ten specials total only 6 or 7 are selectable some have more utility than others so by month one or two there will be an optimal specials tree which everyone uses (untill someone godlike comes along and blows everyone up with these other *trash* specials). So if you learn all specials there shouldnt be issues of brokenness etc.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
https://www.gamestop.it/PS4/Games/112980/mortal-kombat-11-premium-edition

All I did was put that page through Google Translate, so I'm sure there are multiple problems with the translation.

Parts like "protagonists of fantastic movies in the story mode of the epic saga" sounds like it's implying movie characters will be in the story but really I think it's trying to say something about how the characters will star in a story mode with high quality cinematic cutscenes.
It's quite vague, but to be honest this looks like a translation itself.

subzert

Frozen Soul
A little further down in that same Italian Gamestop leak post it says:
"- New personalization system, with clothes, accessories and move sets never seen before"

So there are entire movesets instead of single moves which we can swap in and out(?) I guess.

trufenix

bye felicia
As long as they get rid of character specific and level restricted inventories, I'm on board. The game needs a store too. I2, DBZF and SF5 have tried loot boxes and they.do.not.work. PLEASE. . . give it a store front or a menu or something that doesn't require hours and hours of unlocking and trashing.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
allowing you to pick moves for your own custom variation could actually make balancing easier if it was point based, if a move ended up being too strong just making it cost another point or to can baance it without even changing the move, so if they go with that it would be greatand lets be honest NRS hasnt made a balanced fighting game so far so why not go forthis?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
As long as they get rid of character specific and level restricted inventories, I'm on board. The game needs a store too. I2, DBZF and SF5 have tried loot boxes and they.do.not.work. PLEASE. . . give it a store front or a menu or something that doesn't require hours and hours of unlocking and trashing.
You emphasize how the lootboxes dont work for these games but the bottom line is that if they make money then they are going to keep adding them

vapid

cyber warlord
Interesting.

Personally, I hope it's purely cosmetic - I hate the idea of character customization to the extent that existing characters can be heavily modified with an almost 'create-a-fighter' like setting. I realize not everyone will agree with that, but I'd still like characters to remain with their specific templates.

I'm sure whatever NRS give us will be great - after MKX and IJ2, I have great faith in them - but I don't want to see a gear system that affects anything other than how a character looks or sounds.

aj1701

Noob
If that is the case, and there is a great variety of specials to add to those "variations", all hope for balance is lost, since we would be jumping from 3 variations to dozens of variations.

If they tried that idea (which is fun, don't take me wrong), I hope there is a competitive mode that turns the custom moves off.
They did try this idea; it was the kreate a fighter in MKA.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
JSF, yeah they have or at least good enough for tourneys, Evo etc that's all that matters in regards to "balance" besides, no fighter is "perfectly" balanced. I'm sure there will be a competitive mode only like they did with I2, the move sets I don't care about personally though I do hope this time we get move sets and not individual 100 moves, and I hated getting doubles, triples etc of the same thing in I2 that was annoying. That all being said, they need to let us have 100% freedom cosmetically on everyone, but will also wait til Jan hits and not jump the gun just yet.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
They did try this idea; it was the kreate a fighter in MKA.
I know. Those games ps2 era titles weren't trying to be competitive like current nrs titles want to be though, so crazy stuff was allowed.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
You emphasize how the lootboxes dont work for these games but the bottom line is that if they make money then they are going to keep adding them
Lootboxes aren't the problem, I love random loot drops. Grinding time and effort towards characters i will never use is.

Even if its totally random it still needsto be weighted towards the characters i use in game. Opening an i2 platinum and not even getting a common for the character you earned it with is ludicrous.