What's new

Question - Smoke EX Trident and dissipate, is there a point?

Misky

Clinch should be a command grab
Well other than throwing it out raw in hopes it will finish off your opponent, is there ever really a point in using it? Same question for the non ex invisibility, it seems kinda pointless.

Last edited:
Besides of Ex-Trident been safe, dissipate or evaporate is garbage... Reptile can absorb one hit and can activate on combo the invisibility, predator has a multi hit camouflage stuff that reduce the chip damage but smoke has nothing with the invisibility stuff... wait a minute really has something: If you feel that you're dealing too much damage to your opponent you can activate invisibility to add an extra combo damage scaling, you know to extend the match :mad:

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Can't see a reason to spend the bar on invis when smoke's already meter starved for damage as is. Especially without it granting +frames, armor, chip reduction, or any other benefit. Unless we haven't found it yet.

Misky

Can't see a reason to spend the bar on invis when smoke's already meter starved for damage as is. Especially without it granting +frames, armor, chip reduction, or any other benefit. Unless we haven't found it yet.
I don't think he really needs meter too be honest. I do pretty well with smoke and I have very little use for my meter except to try for the full 40% punish. I tend to use my meter for breaks or xray finishers or the emergency no stamina fade.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Using the 213 ender allows you to phase through or back to bait armor

EX dissasipate means you get a weird stagger setup since you can get a hit after trident or wait a second and let the hit stun wear off. It makes it next to impossible to know when to fuzzy or backdash.

B1 ex trident links wihtout gaps iirc and gives a decent combo

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
The stealth and invisibility moves are really only aesthetic.

If you finish a move with air throw and then MB Invisibility or even stealth, I guarantee you that your opponent will do something stupid or panic because you have activated either of those moves. Its a weird thing with the newer generation of MK players, once the opponent has any advantage or leverage in a situation, they seem to want to challenge it 9/10 times in a situation.

I can't explain it.

As for MB Trident, it is safe on block and jails most of his smoke bomb gaps, so you don't need to fear amour as most decent opponents will jump or armour the 50/50 into smoke bomb, so MB trident is basically piece of mind on a guess.

You can also use it for unbreakable damage, 1, MB Trident, Smoke bomb, Air throw if you need to close out a game with an opponent on a breaker.

I have a good reason to use it. As almost everyone is aware that every string cancelled into like b21 ex smokeball is a gimmick. Well people who are aware of that can jump out of it what some players do. To stop them trying to jump out of your strings cancelled into ex smokeball you can use ex trident because ex trident will catch them jumping and its safe on block.

Misky

I have a good reason to use it. As almost everyone is aware that every string cancelled into like b21 ex smokeball is a gimmick. Well people who are aware of that can jump out of it what some players do. To stop them trying to jump out of your strings cancelled into ex smokeball you can use ex trident because ex trident will catch them jumping and its safe on block.
I'll keep that in mind! Thank you!