What's new

EX Spirit Charge Inspiration

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Watching Under_The_Mayo new Kenshi video inspired me to try out some stuff with EX Spirit charge.

EX Spirit Charge is +7 on block and in Under_The_Mayo new video it shows that he has a midscreen block-string using EX Spirit Charge in it

2 EX SC [dash] f32 EX SC [dash] f32 EX SC [dash] f32 SC

Now i took the starter and decided to incorporate it into something different. I decided to use f22. f2 starts up in 12 frames while f3 starts in 15. both have similar ranges and seeing how its the faster option I was like lol

2 EX SC [dash] f22 EX SC [dash] f22 EX SC [dash] f22b1/f22 SC

whats great about this is it his the opponent standing or crouching and if they try and jump you can confirm f22 string into a combo

f22 rk, [dash] f32 sc=21%

u guys can also mixup f22 with f32 for a high low mixup mid screen frame trap. or u can end it with f32 so you can throw them off guard.

This can be blocked low as well so if they decide to block low end with f22b1 for the overhead (which is 11% lol)

hope this helps.

P.S. I FUCKING LOVE THIS CHARACTER!!!

LEGEND

YES!
Hitoshura

i've been toying around with EX SC after a B2. The range on b2 makes it a very good footsies tool and if blocked it starts a whole string of pressure options

also trying out F3-TS, D4-ts and 21,D3/21 F32 or 21B2 Rk Mix-ups

EDIT: not sure if B2 EX SC is jumpable, hope this can help

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Hitoshura

i've been toying around with EX SC after a B2. The range on b2 makes it a very good footsies tool and if blocked it starts a whole string of pressure options

also trying out F3-TS, D4-ts and 21,D3/21 F32 or 21B2 Rk Mix-ups
Altaire told me exactly what you said a few weeks ago and tends to be more viable in a sense. what i like about this string its a guaranteed 30+% chip damage block string. So if you wanna kill your opponent you can always do wht i posted above. :)

LEGEND

YES!
Altaire told me exactly what you said a few weeks ago and tends to be more viable in a sense. what i like about this string its a guaranteed 30+% chip damage block string. So if you wanna kill your opponent you can always do wht i posted above. :)
its really good, i usually play defensive with kenshi at first just to build meter then go ape shit with his close game traps. Characters without armor get fucked up

Altaire

Noob
The mixup is F2 2 B2, EX charge. This works best in the corner, because after an EX charge is blocked, your opponent has to respect a charge followup. This commits them to blocking, so you can follow with a grab, or go back into F2 2 B2 to reset the mixup situation.

For instance, you can do:

F2 2 B2, EX charge, charge

F2 2 B2, throw

F2 2 B2, EX charge, throw

F2 2 B2, F2 2 B2, EX charge, charge

F2 2 B2, F2 2 B2, EX charge, F2 2 B2

The list goes on. Your opponent is committed to blocking at multiple points throughout this setup, so you can create a guessing game by mixing in throws or repeat F2 2 B2s. If the F2 2 hits, you can just confirm into F2 2 B1 instead for a full combo, which is 44% meterless in the corner with the combo I use.

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
Under_The_Mayo , I've already started incorporating this into my game with other mixups, and there's a lot of really solid options here. An underlooked part is that the first time or so, they totally don't block the 2nd one, which is great, but the conditioning is absolutely the best part. I mix up the 2x/3x EX SC with dash forward options...

which run deeper than F32, grab, and b2. Once the block is conditioned I've found the best thing to do is condition the low block, obviously by using the F32 string. Once I've established that, I've started experimenting with d3/d4 into TKS...generally, at this point they've been conditioned to block low and not worry about a low into an overhead, so the TKS gets them. I'm aware that this string can be poked out of, but after EX SC block conditioning, it's the last thing on their mind. If they wisen up and try poking out of it the second time, go for the SC which will grill them. Just some more pressure options from the "zoner" whose pressure is way more fun than his zoning.

LEGEND

YES!
Under_The_Mayo , I've already started incorporating this into my game with other mixups, and there's a lot of really solid options here. An underlooked part is that the first time or so, they totally don't block the 2nd one, which is great, but the conditioning is absolutely the best part. I mix up the 2x/3x EX SC with dash forward options...

which run deeper than F32, grab, and b2. Once the block is conditioned I've found the best thing to do is condition the low block, obviously by using the F32 string. Once I've established that, I've started experimenting with d3/d4 into TKS...generally, at this point they've been conditioned to block low and not worry about a low into an overhead, so the TKS gets them. I'm aware that this string can be poked out of, but after EX SC block conditioning, it's the last thing on their mind. If they wisen up and try poking out of it the second time, go for the SC which will grill them. Just some more pressure options from the "zoner" whose pressure is way more fun than his zoning.
great post man, and ya, Honestly i think kenshi's footies and close game are whats best about him. Imo, His zoning is just to build meter and/or protect a life lead if the situation calls for it

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
great post man, and ya, Honestly i think kenshi's footies and close game are whats best about him. Imo, His zoning is just to build meter and/or protect a life lead if the situation calls for it
Yeah that's how he's evolving. As we continue to mature his close range game, his zoning will primarily be for periodical frustration and meter building. I think using the EX SC in close range for this conditioning really is the next step.