What's new

Question Ex Portal

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Wtf good does this do? I am trying to find some sort of serious and practical use for this move, but I cant seem to find anything useful. Anyone know of any situation where this move is viable?

If you condition your opponent to block, using it is going to force them to move. Make a read/react accordingly and you've got yourself some damage + put some fear into your opponent; you've given them a whole new situation to be aware of and ready for at all times or else. Seems fine to me, if you get blown up for throwing it out then you haven't conditioned them properly yet.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
nothin guaranteed , from the release version noob couldnt even link strings into portal :(
all my shitty set ups are beautiful compared to wot he was IMO
some stuff d4 ex portal (u can upknee here if they jump forward , or teleslam for jump back )
in corner b12 ex portal sometimes works
also it can be used after u establish a clone war (heheh) u can tech roll from a knock down and still combo
ex portal is good for keepin them jump happy

InFlames

dead
Useless for me. The only good thing is you can follow up with a 35-40% combo without meter. I guess you can use it with the Blackhole glitch if they decide to lame you out.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Ex portal is great for punishing a whiffed sub zero slide

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Ex portal is great for punishing a whiffed sub zero slide
This is something that would be really good to use in the right situation like Wemfs said in this quote. If you need the damage and you are in a situation like this where Sub whiffs a slide and you need to deal more than 8% damage, EX Portal would be your best friend.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
This is something that would be really good to use in the right situation like Wemfs said in this quote. If you need the damage and you are in a situation like this where Sub whiffs a slide and you need to deal more than 8% damage, EX Portal would be your best friend.
Ex portal is just to buggy to use. Idk how mrs missed this one.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Ex portal is good in most projectile trades and a lot of whiffed specials. Gonna try to put together a list.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Wtf good does this do? I am trying to find some sort of serious and practical use for this move, but I cant seem to find anything useful. Anyone know of any situation where this move is viable?
When I played you earlier today you were using regular portals a lot (more than other noobs I've played) and it put me in a rhythm of seeing you put it out, then reacting to where it came down. With regular portal the mixup was nice and a few of them caught me so I started waiting and watching for them. I'll bet that after I'm conditioned to react that way, an EN Hole would catch me off guard for sure. Also, I found that when you were putting a lot of portals out there, my best bet was to just rush you, an En Portal would probably make me think twice about doing that. Idk, I'm definitely not the expert, just thinking out loud on what effect they would have on me.