What's new

Video/Tutorial - Bartitsu Ex fart corner resets explained, bartitsu edition - 76% for a bar!

myri

Time Warrior
So first off thanks to @CrazyFingers for clueing me into this concept in the first place. Dunno who came up with it first but yeah... anyway; this is a followup on the previous concept involving ex fart in the corner and how we can make use of it in a similar fashion to Dragon Breath. The problems I had with this were because of the lack of a side switching command grab in this variation but I figured out a bunch of way to apply a mix and get this reset anyway. It has it's flaws though, while still relatively safe, some of the stuff in this video CAN be punished but it is character specific. Basically what it comes down is you have a better chance to mix your opponent than Dragon Breath because of the greater spread of options you have (unique bartitsu strings like b14, the command grab is still a great option for really good damage and you maintain corner positioning, throw into the cloud or stagger into throw/stagger into string~low kane.) but it is more risky.

So I basically wanted to put together a video covering these options for all you bartitsu players. I didn't do anything for two bars like in Dragon Breath with the ex bump and dump because Bo doesn't have a side swapping special like that in bartitsu and also bartitsu is already a super meter hungry variation so yeah anyway, check out the video below. I did my best to cover all the mixup options and explain how your opponent can't escape, they will have to hold one mix or another.

Let me know what you think. More stuff to come hopefully. NRS please save Drunken Master. Merry Christmas TYM.

I'm just tagging anyone who might be interested so yeah, lucky you I suppose.

@Thefish
@waveman355
@Wigy
@Tweedy
@Darth-Nero
@Percimon
@pretty flocko
@Youphemism
@Name v.5.0
@TamedLizard
@Marinjuana
@PND OmegaK
@PND_Ketchup
@PND_Mustard

myri

Time Warrior
Also really quick, I don't know if I left this in the video or not but some of the faster armours in the game (reptile slide, sub zero slide) can armour in between the overhead and low in b14 at point blank. It's only the really fast armour that can do it, but you can solve this by taking a single step back after the d4 hits and then doing b14 and it becomes completely safe (on it's own that is, no chance for armour) which is completely fine because of the insane frames you get off a d4 in bartitsu, you have the time. Just a little thing I thought was worth mentioning.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I think Skeezer first showed off something like this a while back iirc but it's always interesting. Most people are probably not going to know their optimal punish for this/their punish that doesn't get them stunned by the ex fart so it can be pretty dirty. Good stuff for exploring it though as always :)

I noticed at one point you mentioned that D4 on hit guarantees the overhead but D4 is only +23 on hit so the overhead isn't guaranteed since it's 26 frames, and the low only jails if it's frame perfect. It's times like this I wish Bartitsu got the B1 and F1 the other variations have lol

myri

Time Warrior
I think Skeezer first showed off something like this a while back iirc but it's always interesting. Most people are probably not going to know their optimal punish for this/their punish that doesn't get them stunned by the ex fart so it can be pretty dirty. Good stuff for exploring it though as always :)

I noticed at one point you mentioned that D4 on hit guarantees the overhead but D4 is only +23 on hit so the overhead isn't guaranteed since it's 26 frames, and the low only jails if it's frame perfect. It's times like this I wish Bartitsu got the B1 and F1 the other variations have lol
I should've explained that better. They can't armour or jump out but they will get off the ground if they try to jump, it just alters the gravity of the combo slightly if you go for f34 which you can compensate for on reaction. f3 grab connects still. I admit f3 into low kane whiffs but they still have to risk jumping out of your other options, so condition them and make them respect it.

I tested this with Reptile's 6 frame slide and he can't armour so no worries there. Same as the specific punish per character people likely won't know and if they do, you have options to make them respect it. You can also go for f3 after the ji2 connects which does work 100% in the Dragon Breath video, I just include the d4 for more damage.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Very nice man. I'd love to see some of this in tournament play. Bartitsu is worth playing with now and I want someone to prove it.